Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

Untitled story, plz join!

hey, if u read the National Novel Writing Month thread, u kno there a writing contest. and i thought it would be fun if we all wrote a story 2gther. so wht do u say?
**DLN**
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

Re: Untitled story, plz join!

Okay, so we're writing it here. Cool. Can I just start with a sentence or paragraph?
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

so are we starting?
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
And I will cling to our eternal Eclipse
Until the day of our Breaking Dawn
*** I'm with the vampires, of course. ***
Frequent Contributor
bookluvr101
0 Kudos

ill start if u dont mind

Finally, i thought its winter break. I was sitting in my room watching the snow fall outside when someone knocked on the door. It was my twin brother Ryder.

Edward Cullen: Sexier than you since 1901Jasper Hale: Smoother than you since 1843Bella Swan: Luckier than you will ever be. Rosalie Hale: Prettier than you since 1915Alice Cullen: Quirkier than you since 1901Emmett Cullen: Stronger than you since 1915
Frequent Contributor
twilightislove
0 Kudos

" hey" he said watching me intently, "whats up?"

i glanced up at his handome face. We were identical twins, so i guess you could say i wasnt too bad looking either. But there wasnt anything special about us. Just dirty blonde hair and blue eyes

"nothing" i mumbled back " just watching the snow & thinking about things"

" it looks like it is going to be a bad storm" he replied " what are you thinking about?"

"im perfectly capable of driving myself home!" - bella
"of course she was but i wasnt capable of letting her go"- edward
-midnight sun
xoxo
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

(i have never done one of these threads so i am kinda nervous, i dont know what kind of story you want so i am just going to go in a direction and if you dont want to go that way, please, let me know.. thanks! i hope i am not bad at this.. dear God.. all right)

"hey, do you think i should bring my cell phone", he asked.

"a cell phone, you have to be kidding! We are going to the CARIBBEAN! You arent going to get service there." i laughed back at him.

"well geez, sorrrry. I am just afraid I wont be able to talk with Tanya."

tanya is his girlfriend. they have been dating for about two months and he already thinks he is in love.

"whatever," i say, "we are going to be gone for less than two weeks, i think you guys can handle the distance."

right after i said that, he slammed my door and yelled for my dad, probably on his way to ask him if he can get service in the caribbean.

(ok, sorry that sounds lame, i am not big on this whole writing deal, but i just wanted to give it a try, hope i didnt embarras myself too much. thanks)

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Inspired Correspondent
Jacki_S_93
0 Kudos

( im in the same boat i have never done these before so idk what to really write and if its good so if  yall don't like it we can always take it out)

I rolled my eyes and started staring back out side into the snow, this was the first family trip that we had taken in a while, i wonder how it was going to be. We havn't ever really taken a big trip like this before and i was kinda nervous about flying over the ocean but something told me it would be fine. " ugh why doesn't my phone get serviceeee"yelled ryder (i think is his name) i laughed and picked up my bag, walked out of my room and headed to the car.

( if u don't like it we can delete it :smileyhappy: )

We are all a little wierd and life's a little wierd, and when we find someone whose wierdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual wierdness and call it love
Frequent Contributor
twilightislove
0 Kudos

he thought he was in love with tanya. the annoying girl who wasnt ne smarter then a doorknob.

i knew he wasnt in love. because i thought i was in love w/ my previous boy .. but know i knew i so wasnt.

so i was completely ready to find someone. People usually want to find someone mysterious and loving. When i went on tht trip tht year,I had no idea that mysterious was exactly the kind of person i would find.

"im perfectly capable of driving myself home!" - bella
"of course she was but i wasnt capable of letting her go"- edward
-midnight sun
xoxo
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

(no, i like it.. and i am really glad that someone is in my boat! haha. and i dont know if we have decided on a rotation or whatever, but if thats ok, i kinda want to keep writing, and if thats not ok, then i will delete it later :smileyhappy:  )

As I was walking through the house one last time before our "wonderful, fun-filled, exciting trip" as my mom calls it, I was silently saying goodbye to random household things. But most of all, I was saying goodbye to the snow. I loved the snow and I would like to spend Christmas and New Years here, with my best friend Carrie, but I was also so excited to get out of this town and do something adventurous. I am not one to be carefree and relaxed, that was Carrie's job. She was always the one to get me to try new things, I liked being in my shell, "my protective bubble" as she calls it. It was scary thinking of all the things I could do down there, but that didnt keep me from being excited. Unlike my brother who was still upset about the cell phone deal and the fact that now he cant go to this HUGE New Years Bash that everyone wont stop talking about. Oh well, the Caribbean awaits, I hope I can handle it.

Inspired Correspondent
Jacki_S_93
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
As we walked into the ariport i couldn't stop thinking about flying over the ocean. Yea ive been on a million and one plane rides but never over the ocean like this i suddenly became sick to my stomach and ran to the bathroom. Lucky nothing happen i guess it was just my imagination i walked out and Ryder looked the exact same way i did but i had a feeling he was going to be sick because he wasn't going to have his beloved phone not because he was going on a plane ride over the ocean
Message Edited by Jacki_S_93 on 11-09-2008 08:34 PM
We are all a little wierd and life's a little wierd, and when we find someone whose wierdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual wierdness and call it love
Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

(Can I join?)

When we got on the plane and got settled, I leaned back. Trying to breathe so my breakfast wouldnt come back up. My brother sat next to me and my parents sat in the two seats behind us. "Sweetie are you okay," my mother asked.

"Im fine," I lied. I looked over at my brother to get my mind off the nerves. He was moping about the phone. I glanced up to find nothing of interest, then I looked out the window to find the airport. And through the windows I saw a melting pot of people. 

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Everything seemed so rushed. It was nice finally being able to sit down and relax for once. This entire week has been hectic with trying to get packed, and trying to find someone to watch over my dog, Ruby. I knew that the only person I could trust was Carrie, and her parents were happy to let her watch Ruby for me, so I was relieved about that. And finally on the last day of preperations everything was setting into place, we were packed, passports ready, plane tickets ready and now all we needed was to get sleep. Today was crazy though, last minute packings and such, but I could tell that both my parents were happy to finally be sitting and on their way to paradise. I was thrilled to be going also, but I just havent accepted the fact that I would be thousand a miles away from anyone that I knew, besides my family, and I would be in the hot sun almost all day. That was never a good thing for me, since I am as pale as a ghost! Thank God for hats, and spf 50!
Inspired Correspondent
Jacki_S_93
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

*** sry ***

Message Edited by Jacki_S_93 on 11-09-2008 09:13 PM
Inspired Correspondent
Jacki_S_93
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I looked at my brother who looked like he was going to cry in a way i guess i did feel sorry for him having to leave his girlfriend for two weeks then again he was 16 he should be able to get over it and enjoy this vacation. now that the pilot said to sit and not get up it started to kick in i quickly made mental notes that i got everything nothing else but to relax and try to sleep threw this

Message Edited by Jacki_S_93 on 11-09-2008 09:17 PM
Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

((Hey guys! Since we are entering this into a contest, I think we should use complete words and proofread our work so the unlucky person who's putting this all together at the end doesn't have to. Does everyone agree?))

"Honey, honey, wake up! We're here" Ugh. I open my eyes to see the bright sun smack dab in my face and I can't help but groan.

"It'll be fun! Come on, let's get up and about!"

Ok, I thought to myself, do this for Mom. She deserves a vacation. After all her treatment and all. Do it for mom.

Mom has suffered from Breast Cancer for the past year or so. She's been a fighter all this long and now she's not quite 100% but close. She can do it, she's always been persistant.

I quickly get up, grab my things, and I'm on my way. 

You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

((And btw, ilove are you or mg going to do the word document? Or would you like me to do it? And I gotta go to sleep, gotta go to school tomorrow. Love ya guys!))
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

(i totally agree with the whole proofread and such, and i also like that you made her mother sick [not that i like sick people] but i was wondering if i should make her not even in the story, but i thought that was alittle too morbid for me) (oh and are we going to do a rotation, i feel bad for adding something everyother person)

Right as I walk out the plane door, a rush of heat hits my face. I was not expecting that, I was still in cold weather mode. But this feels good, it feels refreshing. Even if I already feel my self sweating.

"Hey Dad, do you mind if I call Tanya before we head off to the hotel", Ryder asked my dad.

Me being the controlling one answered him, "Ryder, we have been gone for maybe 5 hours, I dont think she would want you already checking up on her. Just relax and have some fun, who knows maybe you will realize Tanya isnt 'the one'."

"Hey! I never said she was 'the one' and I trust her, I just want to tell her that we landed safely!", he shouts back at me.

"Ryder I hate.." i start to say but my dad cuts me off.

"Kids, stop it. Ok. This vacation isnt for you, its for your mother, just please, try to look like you love eachother for once and stop bickering," he says.

We all turn to find our mother, and there she is looking out past the planes and off to the ocean we see in the distance. Wow, its beautiful, I have never seen anything so blue.

Inspired Correspondent
Jacki_S_93
0 Kudos

( sure we can check it and everything)

When we walked outside the sun was the brightest thing that i had ever seen. The smell was also weird like salt and my hair was so wrecked i didn't even want to look at it. The hotel was very nice though it was right next to the ocean and everyone seemed very friendly. As soon as we got in the door Ryder ran to the phone and tried calling his girlfireind fat luck that was we weren't even in America anymore what that boy was thinking i will never know.

New User
Hareton_Karaway
0 Kudos

If he thought he could get Tanya here, then he was out of his mind.

As Ryder moped around his room, I got ready to hit the beach and work on my tan.  After all the time i had spent at the hospital with mom, I looked worse than I ever had.  Now some would consider this vanity, but I like to think of it as maintenance for the rest of the school year.  

Since i had just broke up with my pompous ex-boyfriend Aric, i was not looking for another boy that thought they could control me and get away with it.

Inspired Correspondent
Jacki_S_93
0 Kudos

Ugh Aric just thinking of him made me get mad, but i promised myself i wouldn't get mad on this trip. So i grabed my bag and walked out to the beach on the way out i looked over at Ryder who was watching the phone as if she was going to call yea theres a possibility. I saw a good spot over near a tree so there was a little shade but not much i needed a tan not to become as red a tomato. I threw down my towel and sat down on the chair and starting watching out to the ocean. I wasn't looking for anything special but i did see a very cute boat way far out and decided to watch it just for fun.