Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Re: Untitled story, plz join!

"Cameron, Cameron, oh thank God you are ok. I was so worried that something bad happened to you" i said to him.

"Me? Why would anything bad happen to me? I was worried about you, I tried finding you in the club when I was leaving, but I couldnt find you anywhere, what happened to you?" he asked with concern in his voice.

"Well, I really dont know, things happened last night that I really dont want to relive. It was terrible. I dont even know how to explain it. I dont think you would understand and I think you would think I was crazy" I replied to him sheepishly.

"Trust me, I think I would understand, I may not live on this island, but I have been here long enough to know something strange is going on, did it have something to do with that guy you were with last ngiht" he said with serious voice.

"well, uhhh" i stammered, "yeah".

"come with me" he said and yanked me by the hand back onto the boat.

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Frequent Contributor
bookluvr101
0 Kudos

"Hey, wait. What are you doing?" I asked him "My familys right there and they can see me, you know."

"yea and your point is....." he replied.

"I'd like to know where you're taking me." i said getting angry.

I turned my head and i saw Ryder running torwards me.

((oh wow that turned out bad))

Edward Cullen: Sexier than you since 1901Jasper Hale: Smoother than you since 1843Bella Swan: Luckier than you will ever be. Rosalie Hale: Prettier than you since 1915Alice Cullen: Quirkier than you since 1901Emmett Cullen: Stronger than you since 1915
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

((haha nah. it sounded fine. once other people add stuff it will be good. dont worry. i am always afraid people wont like what i write but i guess it doesnt matter since it is a story with alot of people writing it, thats why its fun! :] ))
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

When Ryder reached us he grabbed my arm in an overprotective manner. "What are you doing to my sister?" he demanded. Cameron looked surprised.

"We were going for a ride on my sailboat. Want to join us?" Ryder took a deep breath and seemed to calm down.

"Yeah, sure. I'm Ryder by the way."

"Cameron." They shook hands.

"I'll just go see if its okay with our parents." Then Ryder ran off through the waves to where Mom and Dad were swimming.

"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

When we were on the ship Cameron explained to us that the ship was his grandfathers and had been passed down to him when his grandfather passed away. He said they werent very close to begin with and the only thing they had ever done together was sailing. Cameron was a good sailor. And he looked good doing it. He quickly explained to me and Ryder the basics of sailing and Ryder loved it. I had never seen Ryder get so enthusiastic about something so random, but it was nice to see him occupied with something other than trying to decide when to call Tanya next.

As Ryder was in the front of the boat, me and Cameron where in the back. I was just staring out at the beautiful ocean when I heard a scream.

"Help, help!!!" it was Ryder, he was in the water screaming for help. Stupid brother, he can swim, why was he screaming for help. We were traveling at maybe 3 miles per hour. What a baby.

"Maybe we could just leave him there" I said to Cameron.

Cameron turned to me and smiled, he had a great smile, "Nah, I think we should get him, the sharks might get him" he said that loud enough for Ryder to hear. Ryder hated sharks and started screaming louder and longer. How pathetic and embarrassing, I hoped Cameron didnt think I was that easily frightened.

Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

Cameron through a lifesaver over the side of the sailboat. Ryder was reaching for it when suddenly he was immersed beneath a huge wave. We waited a couple seconds but he didn't reappear. Cameron had his shirt off in a minute and he jumped overboard, leaving me alone on deck.

"I planned this," a voice said from behind me. I froze as Travis wrapped his arms around me from behind.

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

((omg that is so crazy dhol! i was thinking the exact same thing! weird! good job! ))
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

(thanx. i'm glad you like it.)
Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

"Get the Hell off of me!" I was struggling, trying to brake free. No luck.

He was silent. After a minute I stopped and wondered where my brother and Cameron were. Travis brushed the hair out of my face and smiled. I looked away, not wanting to have anything to do with this. "There we go," Travis said. I was beginning to feel weak.

Frequent Contributor
Hawk
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I spun around and took a couple dizzying steps away from him before I tripped. I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the fall, but a hand caught my wrist and pulled upward before I was swept off my feet and into Travis' arms.

"Careful," he warned. His voice, although seductive, held a note of softness.

I scowled at him and squirmed, uncomfortable in his arms.

"Let go of me, you jerk," I demanded. Instead of putting my on my feet like I was hoping, his grip tightened.

"You know, I don't think you are really getting the concept of this, Lizz. Now that I've found you, I can't just let you just disappear. More than that, now that we've found each other, we can't be separated, either by time or space. To do so would have... Consequences of an unpleasant nature. Not something I would wish either of us to go through," he frowned, before grinning quickly. "Besides, you don't really want me to go away, do you," he whispered into my ear

I scowled. 'Jerk' For all my tired struggling, I couldn't help but want him to stay near me.

'No! He murdered a child, a boy! He could just as easily do that to me, too.'

Shaking my head, I focused on last night when I had seen him kill, and the part of me that wanted to stay with him was obliterated, and I was no longer tired.

When I brought my attention back to the present, he had a mix of emotions on his face, like he was proud and confused, angry and pleased.

"I'm impressed. Not many would be able to stop the thoughts I plant in the mind. Of course, you didn't stop it, you completely destroyed it. But it will make things harder..." He trailed off, his gaze shifting to the water behind me, and he scowled before dumping me on a bench. I winced, closing my eyes in surprise and pain, and he was gone. I jerked my eyes to where his had been moments before, and I could see a hand, holding on to the edge of the boat. Rushing to the edge, I leaned over and found Cameron holding on to a life preserver, which was keeping an unconscious Ryder afloat.

Message Edited by Hawk on 11-11-2008 02:00 PM
"The thing about writing is that you don't nessicarily have to get it right the first time - unlike, say, brain surgery."
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

"Ryder!" I screamed.

"He's gonna be okay," Cameron said, breathless and dripping wet. I help him haul my brother on deck, and we got him flat on his back. Cameron leaned over him and started giving him mouth to mouth. In a minute Ryder was sitting up, couging seawater everywhere. I threw my arms around my twin's neck.

"Thank god you're okay," I whispered, feeling a tear slide down my face. He patted me on the back.

"It was weird," he began. "I'm a good swimmer, and the current wasn't that strong. But suddenly I was powerless. Like something was pulling me under."

Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
ooppps
Message Edited by krazywazy1901 on 11-11-2008 05:11 PM
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

(( i swear to God dhol we have the same minds... hahaha. anywho ))

"pulling you under? but that is crazy!" i said, and secretly hoping that wasnt the case. Travis was here, so that must mean Aleena was close by. Maybe she was pulling him under, but I dont think she can hold her breath for that long, can she?

Cameron pulled me aside and whispered to me, "Lizzie, I heard Travis talking to you. What was happening between you guys. Please just tell me, I can help."

"I dont think you can Cameron, I got myself into this mess, and I can get myself out" i replied, i knew that was a lie, i needed help, but i didnt want to get Cameron caught up in all this, he just saved my brothers life. If i told him what happened, he could get hurt and i dont want that.

Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
  Cameron sighed and stood up. He went over to the wheel and the boat began to move. I held my brother. Travis's words ran through my head, like a broken record player. I began to tear, knowing that I was in a mess, that I probably cant clean back up.
Message Edited by krazywazy1901 on 11-11-2008 05:20 PM
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

"What wrong?" Ryder whispered to me. Darn it, sometimes I forgot about how we're twin and he can easily tell my emotions.

"Nothing" I mumbled.  He raised one of his brow, knowing that I lied.  "It's nothing, really."

"Fine, we'll talk later." he whispered.

I just lower my head in shame. I wanted to tell him what had happen but I can't. I don't like keep secrets from my twin but it's for the best. 

**DLN**
Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

When we docked, I walked off. Cameron gave me a look. I ignored him and helped my brother off. Ryder thanked Cameron for saving him and tugged my arm. I followed Ryder. 

We were back at the hotel room.

Inspired Correspondent
Jacki_S_93
0 Kudos

"now tell me, whats wrong ?"

ugh it was so hard to lie to him, he knows me too well

"nothing" i lied iturned away i couldn't look him in the face and lie to him. He tried to get me to look at him but i knew that if i did he would see right threw the lie.

"Lizzie please tell me whats wrong "

" no i can't ..."

We are all a little wierd and life's a little wierd, and when we find someone whose wierdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual wierdness and call it love
Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

"Why not? We always tell each other everything."

"Because..." 

"Because why? Lizze, you can tell me everything." I turned around to face him. 

I was about to answer when I was Travis behind him. I stumbled back. "Lizze, what is up with you?"

I had to get my brother out. I didn't want this wacko hurting him.

Inspired Contributor
krazywazy1901
0 Kudos

"Just. Leave. Me. Alone!" I shouted.

"You know what Lizze, somtimes you can act like a real brat!" He shot back, then left the room.

Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

I felt miserable over what I'd said to Ryder. But I nfelt even worse when Travis sauntered ove, a look in his blue eyes that seemed to pierce my soul. He went down on his knees when he reached me, wrapping his arms around my legs. Then Travis began to travel up my body with his hands, lingering at the most uncomfortable places. He stood up to finish, and I glared at him, finally knowing what it was to really, truly hate someone. Travis smiled at me and then kissed me. I was surprised how gentle his lip were, how they caressed my own in an almost loving way.

"I'm taking you to the nearest Mage Headquarters," he announced once he was through. "If you want your family safe you'll cooperate." I nodded. Anything to protect Mom, Dad, and Ryder.

"Can I leave a note?" Travis deliberated for a second.

"Yes, I don't see why not. Tell them anything but the truth. Say that you're running away."