Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
edzacktly
0 Kudos

Welcome to the Boards!

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone,

This is the Teen Reads board, where young literati of 13 and up can get together to talk about what they’re reading, what they want to be reading, and sometimes what they don’t want to be reading.

This will be a thread for introductions. If you’re new and want to say hi, or see who else is on the boards, this should be a great place to start. If you’ve been with the boards a while, introduce yourself again anyway!

I’m Zack, the new moderator. Let me know if you have any problems or questions, and have a great time here in the book clubs.

Message Edited by edzacktly on 05-29-2008 04:56 PM
Zack
The Moderator
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Boards!

hi!!!!!!!! again!!!!!!!!!!! I been here 4 a while now. i post everyday. um......I live in PA,USA. my fav books r from these authors: Stephenie Meyer, Kate Brain, Sarah Dessen, Elizabeth Craft, Sarah Fain, and Lisa McMann. beside reading i love drawing, drinking coffee, and going on this website. um..........................and i love EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!! um......
..........yeah, that about it.
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hello, everyone. Me llamo Ashley(lol. sry I have a spanish exam tomorrow. ick). Anyway, I've been here for a while too. I live in VA, USA. I have way to many favorite books to name so Ill just say I read almost anything. My hobbies are Cheering, Voice, Piano, and Writing. I am a Christian and my favorite place to be is NY. 5th avenue. I enjoy discussing books and getting others opinions on them so message me anytime!

Message Edited by GCACheerldr14 on 05-29-2008 08:38 PM
Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
Frequent Contributor
CuzEveryoneLovesACullen
0 Kudos

Hi! Well, my name's Ana, and I'm new to this whole thing... Reading and writing are my two passions and are only surpassed by school, volleyball, clubs...all that kind of stuff that's going to get me in to a good college in 4 years.  

I can't spell for anything so you will have to bare with me.  I also can't write anything short so forgive my novel-like posts.:smileytongue:

Uhmm...I'll read just about anything (if you have a suggestion please, please let me know!) but my favorite is definitely the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.  Amazing books that you must read if you get the chance.

I think that's about it...:smileyhappy:
xXxXxXxXx
If we know the way we're gonna die, through all the rest we will survive ~The Academy Is... LAX to O'Hare
Frequent Contributor
edzacktly
0 Kudos

Thanks for being the first posts, guys. Glad to have you on the boards.
Zack
The Moderator
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

anytime.
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
Jess25rocks
0 Kudos

heyy ! Im Jessica and i live in NY ! WOOHOOO ! lol. i have tonss of favoritee books includingg the twilight series [who doesnt love those books?] and harry potterr . i like a lot of other books but there is too many to namee right noww ! anyways i actually do NOT like the ugly series and ummm thts about it i guess. im kind of new to this so. . hi  . :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
teamm edwarddd . ilovehim !
Frequent Contributor
Jess25rocks
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
heyy ! Im Jessica and i live in NY ! WOOHOOO ! lol. i have tonss of favoritee books includingg the twilight series [who doesnt love those books?] and harry potterr . i like a lot of other books but there is too many to namee right noww ! anyways i actually do NOT like the ugly series. i lovee hanging out with my friendss, starbuckss, movies, rollercoasters, flip flops, the beach&pool, and basically the summer. and ummm thts about it i guess. im kind of new to this so. . hi  . :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Jess25rocks on 06-02-2008 08:15 PM
teamm edwarddd . ilovehim !
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

I could be thought of as somewhat of an expert, since I am an avid reader and send suggestions to the library.  I have pretty good taste in books.
New User
Noah
0 Kudos

First time on the boards and I'm excited!!!
I think this will be soooo fun!! :smileyhappy:

-Noah
Inspired Contributor
MadamedeChevreuse
0 Kudos

Hey everybody! I've been on/off the boards for a few months now, but now that summer's here I'm thinking to be a bit more constant on the posts! Should be funfunfun!
A book is like a mirror: If an idiot peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to look out.
Contributor
stargirl16
0 Kudos

Hi!!
I'm new in here, i've been reading some of the posts here and it's great.
I love reading, music, and dancing... I love the Twilight books, books by Meg Cabot, and many others
 .... this will be great!:smileyvery-happy:
-Shoot for the moon; even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!
Frequent Contributor
mkayla
0 Kudos

Hi,
I'm Mikayla from Montana. Trust me it is as boring as it sounds. I read pretty much everything, but I love vampire books with a romantic twist. I'm probably too old to be reading teen books, but they are an addiction that I just can't seem to overcome.
"nobody puts baby in a corner"
"you know what they say about big feet...big socks"
New User
hotreads13
0 Kudos

Hi everybody! I'm Haylee (hotreads13) from Washington. Reading is pretty much my only hobby except for singing because I am like balance-deficient. I'm only going into 8th grade but I have a college reading level so I can read pretty much anything. I love books and would love recommendations on good ones for Summer.

-hotreads13
Frequent Contributor
JulietCullen
0 Kudos

im juliet
and a die hard twilighter
been reading since i was 3
reading the host right now...and im literally dieing for breaking dawn
i just learned that im bad at those chain stories where somebody starts it..so on
i try not to ruin it
Frequent Contributor
Cliquegirl13
0 Kudos

Hi Juliet Cullen You have been chosen as Alicia in my Clique!!!!!

Bye.
Frequent Contributor
ImAnEdWaRdGiRl
0 Kudos

Hey im Sierra I live in CA, USA and i love to read and play soccer. I do swimming and track  but htose are mostly to keep in shape. I'm an edward girl as you can tell by the name. Can't wait ofr the new book to come out. I'm a Junior in High School :smileyhappy: My fav authors are Phillis Renolds Nayor, Stephenie Myer, Meg Cabot, Tamora Pierce, and J.K. Rowling. I heart summer time because you have so much time to read. Last but not least i read the first three books in the twilight series in 2 days.
~No Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face!~

Red heads have more fun!!!
New User
0 Kudos

Hey everyone!

Hey guys! Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Anastasia, a.k.a Stacie, Ana or Ani. I live in many places, including my world, Maryland, Massachusetts and sometimes Maine.

First time on the message boards and I'm pretty sure I'll have an awesome time.

Reading, writing, typing, IMing, music, just hanging out.....are some of my fav. things to do. A huge vampire fan since I read the first page of Twilight in 2007. I'm in my vamp-phase right now for reading, it's all I read at the moment. If you've got any reccomendations, please message me! :smileywink:

~Sorry for the novel-like post.....I type a lot.

Twilighter.
Vampire Kisses fangirl.
Contributor
books-r-my-release
0 Kudos

Hey I'm Sarah and obviously I'm new.

I love the Twilight series and that is where you will probably be able to find me most of the time. I am always looking for recommendations if you have read anything good recently.

Edward

Enough said
Frequent Contributor
twilightfanatic101
0 Kudos

Heya I'm Amber from Tx, oh boy, I'm not really new but who's checking. I love to read, lol I do volleyball, basketball, and UIL( I can get tired of doing one event and drop out lk a week before the meet, idk why but  I do). I am always at the book store buying new books, I have this fetish that I have to buy a book even if I have read it, I have to own it in my collection. My mom usually gets mad at me when I do that. Is The City Of Bones a good book I ordered it? I have The City Of Angels. MUAH!
~The hunter smiled in a friendly way as he suanted forward to kill me.~

~Life is Short, So Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Laugh Uncontrolably, and NEVER Regret Anything That Once Made You Smile.~