Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Manda22
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Boards!

I'm new to this and i just wanted to say hi. I'm Amanda and i'm a junior in high school. I live in CT and i love to read. If i'm not doing that i am probably with my friends or playing tennis. Right now i love the twilight series and my friends and i can't wait for the movie to come out.

I'm looking for some new books to read so if anyone has an idea let me know! 

Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

welcome to barnes and noble amanda, youll love it here, on teen reads everyone knows everyone here basically where like one big happy family hehehe, so chek the threads out,  n ye there are some really good books, like city of bones from cassandra clare, its just as good as twilight, its got the whole vamps warewolves and romance thing, so youll love it, and anything by dorthy koomson shes fantastic and her charcters and plots are very realisric, and mostly end you in tears at the end of it and have plenty of romance!
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Contributor
Manda22
0 Kudos

Thanks ill have to check those books out!

Contributor
yvonne93sd
0 Kudos

Hi :smileyvery-happy:

I'm yvonne :smileyhappy:

from Mexico

but close to the border :smileyvery-happy:

soon going off to college in 2 years :smileyvery-happy:

LOVE TO READ :smileyvery-happy:

amazing in english n_n

well I want to make new friends who enjoy reading

because here in mexico a lot of people doesn't read and that sucks :smileyfrustrated:

well :smileyvery-happy: Saludos :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
Manda22
0 Kudos

Hey I just joined yesterday. I haven't had time to do anything yet but i'm looking forward to it! I hope you enjoy all the new people and talk to me anytime you like!
Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

Hey! Wow, you're from Mexico? Lol I'm from Massachusetts. But yeah Barnes&Noble book clubs are really fun, and everyone here loves to read :smileyvery-happy:

"If we could bottle your luck,

we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands."

-Edward Cullen , Eclipse

The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

Mexico?!

thats sooo cool.

blue is from england.

so yeah were friends now k?

lol

oh and

heyy manda welcome!

&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Contributor
yvonne93sd
0 Kudos

hahaha

xD i love blue :smileyhappy:

yeah

mexico is cool :smileyhappy:

IN THE SUMMER xD

everybody here likes to party  A LOT  get drunk  A LOT .

i love barnes and noble. :smileyhappy: it's like i can spend hours in there drinking coffe and reading till they close, i just go to macys, american eagle, aeropostale, VS, get my supply of clothes and spend all my time in barnes and noble w/ my mom xD.

Tell me abaut the towns you live in and what books do you love to read n__n i love to read in english ... it's really easy for me .. n_n my grammar here its not so great because im lazy xD so srry xD.

wow  Massachusetts, my dad has told me its a really cool place... n_n

Look forward to chatting up w/ people n_n

Love romance storys, chicken soup, um... basically anything interesting.:smileyvery-happy: ahh.. and i have to buy a lot of princeton review books for college :smileysad: damn

New User
SCH153
0 Kudos

Hi, My name is Sara! I'm from IA, USA and am very new.. like about two minutes old, lol. I play volleyball, basketball, track, and softball ...yes i am very busy, but somehow i have time to read.. crazy i know! but obviously you all do too.. but yes, sadly i am a book nerd, actually im a lot worse then a book nerd but im ok with that! I also love to write.. and am hoping to publish a book that people will love as much as twilight or the harry potter series just because i know what its like to search for an amazing book... very difficult, so if you have any suggestions.. that would be great!!
New User
reader4life16
0 Kudos

Hey SaraWe have a few things in commonLove to read, want to write, and not just write insignificant booksWhat books are ur favoritesI love just about everythingHarry Potter is an absolute favoriteThe twilight series is good tooI like the pretties, uglies, specials, and extras series too ( have u ever read those?).  The list goes on and onLet me know!
-bd
Frequent Contributor
-bd
0 Kudos

heyy(:

i'm new to this placee-

i'm thirteen, from georgiaaa(:

my name would be becca:]

i lalalalove talking!

so, hitt.mee.upp(:

-<3/bd

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I've never introduced myself here but I'm on a big writing spree so I'm basically replying to tons of threads.

My name is Briana and I'm 17 and live in Pennsylvania, US. I didn't read much until a couple years ago when I started to read the Harry Potter series. Ever since then I've been a pretty avid reader and I try to take chances on books. I like to try something that I usually wouldn't read. I'm always glad I do because I always end up loving the books I think I won't like. Well that's it!

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
New User
_Heather_
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm Heather.

Live in K.C., Missouri.

This seemed like it'd take my mind of off things going on around me.

Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

Hey my name is Laura. I am not really new here but I just figured I would stop and introduce myself.  Anyway...  I am a musician my main instrument is flute but I also play piccolo and oboe. A little French Horn, Clarinet, and Violin.  Currently going to school to teach music education to high school students.  And no im not that old.  But yeah what else... Ohh yes and I think that Edgar Allen Poe is amazing. Can you believe he believed that stroies should be written to frighten people.  They were not supposed to have a moral.  In his oppinion they were to entertain you not tell you some deep dark meaning that most people would never understand. Sorry I rambled.

"In the end family is all that we have"
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Hi. I am Arielle. Some call me Ari. And lots get my name mixed up with the Little Mermaid (Ariel) except it doesnt sound the same. Mine is pronounced R.E.L. like sounding out the letters.

But anyway, I am new to the boards and so far I love it.

Reading has always been a part of my life and its always fun.

My favorite authors are Sarah Dessen, Ann Brashares, Stehpenie Meyer, Kate Brian, Maureen Johnson, Alex Duval, Mitch Albom and plenty more.

<3 Arielle.

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
New User
iluvtwilight711
0 Kudos

Hey everyone!! I'm Kendal. Only one l. everyone spells it with 2 ls all the time. I absolutely love reading. Ive been reading adult level books since the 3rd grade, so I'm always looking fornew books because none of my friends read the same thing for me. I'm a really avid reader. Its like all I do, which my mom says isnt healthy, but I don't think so. My fav books areThe Twilight Saga, House of Night, and almost all Suzanne Collins books.

~Kendal~

"I don't care who's a vampire and who's a werewolf! If Angela turns out to be a witch, she can join the party too!!!!"-Bella Swan

Frequent Contributor
Lindsey93
0 Kudos

hey im lindsey im 15 and love to read! my fave is harry potter, then twilight, and many more! um yah and i live in msbg oh! adios!
That rebel moon is shinin' Those stars burn like diamonds
Hell bent on chasin' down that crazy spark
I'll follow you where you're leading
To the first sweet taste of freedom
You got me runnin' baby,
Wild at heart
Inspired Contributor
wbb_99
0 Kudos

Hi im Wendy! Im 16 and im in the 10th grade. I live in GA. Basically, i have 3 hobbies one is reading. Next one is watching tv. That last one is hanging out w/ my friends! Some of my favorite books are Vampire Diaries, Blue Bloods, House of Night, Vampire Kisses, and of course TWILIGHT!! But im a EMMETT fan!! Hes my favorite character. Im also a edward fan!
"Your awfully small to be so hugely irritating"
-Edward
Contributor
LizVanAllen
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I'm new. apparently. i'm 15 years old and i'm in 10th grade, i go to this high school in the middle of.....nowhere.... i love to read somtimes a little to much! my faves are twilight, harry potter, vampire diaries, blue bloods ,and pretty much anything to do with vamps and magic etc.

" I am not a lion, but i am a lions cub, and i have a lions heart. "
-Elizabeth l
Contributor
jayne08
0 Kudos

Hey, I'm Erica I pretty much love to read, and will read almost anything. So if anyone has any good suggestions please let me know.

Thanks