Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Blue-Wolf

What Are You Reading Right Now?

Not sure if this was already a post, didn't see one tho.

I was just curios, because I know I've been reading a lot of Carol Plum Ucci lately. What are you guys up to?

The hunter's motivation is fueled by his victims cries.
Contributor
Cr8zy4bks

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

I have been reading the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. So far it is really good (I am on Book 2 "Catching Fire"). My brother read her "Gregor the Overlander Series" and said it was good. The Third Book hasn't been givin a title yet.

The Hunger Games 

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)  

"He who lends a book is an idiot. He who returns the book is more of an idiot."

--Arabic Proverb

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yeah, well it's kinda confusing right now for what I'm reading. I guess I'm reading 4 books

Beautiful Creatures

Fallen-Yes I got Fallen people (don't freak plz I just needed to get it sry)

Gone

Thirst 2

I am almost done with Beautiful Creatures. I have like I think about 100 pages left and I am also almost done with Gone because it's really small and I just got it yesterday "Hmm. O it's really small well okay I'll just start it tomorrow and finished it. hahaha" So yeah the books are amazing and wonderful and they all really do bring you in and show you  wonderful thing (yes I do mean bunneis, jk). But so far I like everything that

is in every book. :smileytongue: hehe

Beautiful Creatures 

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
writingirl_15
0 Kudos

I'm reading Accidentally Demonic by Dakota Cassidy. I just finished read Once a Witch by Carolyn McCullough. It was fantastic!

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

I'm reading Blue Moon, in Alyson Noels Immortals series

aslo Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

&& im glad to hear Once a Witch was good, ive been thinking about reading it(:

----------------------------------------------
Correspondent
Tenrbe
0 Kudos

I just finished reading Captivate by Carrie Jones. It was ok, but the ending is such a cliff-hanger!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

[ Edited ]

I just finished Beautiful Creatures and Gone :smileyvery-happy: They were both wonderful books, but I think I'm going to read Gone again cause I was a little confused with it (not asked why). So yeah Beautiful Creatures was truly an amazing, fantastic thriller ride and I really did get into the book. lol I almost started thinking I should count down to my birthday (it's in the book, if you read the book you would know what I meant by that). :smileytongue: So if none of you have read either of these books I would start reading them ASAP!!! :smileyvery-happy: GO ETHAN woot and LENA lol.

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
fairydust285
0 Kudos

I am currently snowed in (and the snow is still coming down!!) and reading:

Rumors (Luxe Series #2) 

It is super good, finished the first one yesterday, and I have Envy which is the third one all lined up too. I have a big mug of hot cocoa and a warm blanket for the rest of the afternoon!!

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

right now I am reading:

A Certain Slant of Light

The Call of the Wild

Inspired Contributor
KaylaNicole_MusicLover

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) 

I wanted to read it before the movie came out :]

New User
ChristineXFairytale
0 Kudos

I am currently reading the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I LOVED the 1st book, I read it in 5 hours! ahaa

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

im reading When it Happens

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
dandyMW
0 Kudos

Right now I'm on Chapter 11 of A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks...

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
— Groucho Marx
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

For School: just finshed Sunrise over Fullujah and now I am starting A Northern Light (plus some short stories and poems from like a hundred different authors)

For Book Club: Girl with a Pearl Earring

For just me: ? not sure yet (too many to choose from)

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Bride and Prejudice Jane Austen

For school: Poems

How to influence people by Dale Carnegie

Lol reading a lot!

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Contributor
twilighterNS
0 Kudos

I am reading

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

I know everyone will be readin it or has already read it

but i wanted to read it before i watched the movie.

Noel May Schultz
Contributor
amerz77
0 Kudos

I just finished reading "Dear John" last night and I was not impressed at all.  I have read almost all of the Nicholas Sparks books, and I enjoyed all of them.  Unfortunately, this book I found didn't really have any excitement to it at all.  When I was done reading it I didn't feel the urge to tell people about it, and it never really made me feel sad or anything.  It was predictable I felt.

You'll have to let me know what you think after you read it.

Frequent Contributor
emma23
0 Kudos

i just finished reading Dear John and now i'm reading Fallen

Dear John was an amazing book :]

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Golden_Reader12 wrote:

For School: just finshed Sunrise over Fullujah and now I am starting A Northern Light (plus some short stories and poems from like a hundred different authors)

For Book Club: Girl with a Pearl Earring

For just me: ? not sure yet (too many to choose from)

Golden Reader12 are you reading A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly? If so how do you like it so far? Its one of my favorite books but it seems like not a lot of people read it by choice.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

I am currently reading the fifth and sixth books of the House Of Night series. I am also reading Evernight by Claudia Gray.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "