Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

[ Edited ]

Revolution  - This is what I'm reading right now and it's pretty good so far, I really love the writing style of Jennifer Donnelly, I've already highlighted a bunch of awesome things from this book and I'm only 1/4 done! 

Here's one I saved, "Together in our house, in the firelight, we are the world made small."

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988

Distinguished Correspondent
bobbles918

[ Edited ]

I'm reading

Codex Alera-Furies of Calderon---On my Nook

The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler: NOOKbook CoverThe Basic Eight-on my Droid Nook phone app

Frozen Fire by Tim Bowler: Book CoverFrozen fire-before I go to bed

So far Frozen Fire has kept me the most interested & It's the only one I don't carry around with me at all times!  Wish it was avaliable on Nook

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
New User
Cool_Kid_In_Red

I'm reading Lessons from a Dead girl and Series of Unfortunate events. :smileyhappy:

Lessons from a Dead Girl

The Ersatz Elevator

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Crescendo

Happy Reading :smileywink:

My Book Giveaways

http://www.darkangel88.com/

Author
JacquelineSeewald
0 Kudos

I'm going to suggest STACY'S SONG, a YA coming of age novel/romance for girls

12-18.

Stacy's Song 

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

There is an Ultimate Recommendations thread, you should post there for suggestions. 

Right now I am reading the rest of The Supernaturalist.  It's good, but not great and a bit juvenile and really short too.  So meh...

The Supernaturalist

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Evernight (Evernight Series #1)

My Book Giveaways

Contributor
booklover200
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
New User
starfire9908
0 Kudos

That was the best series i had ever read, i am curently rereading it and it gets better the second time. i read Books three and four in the same dau because they were sooooo good!!!

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Fallen Angel

My Book Giveaways

Cheyenne_Catina

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Series #1)  I FINALLY FINISHED IT. after i posted this book last time i actually waited another 3 weeks to read it-meaning yesterday. i read three quarters yesterday and finished it an hour ago. OMFG!!!!!!!! i love it. and i have so many questions, and the ending is like...whats the question!!??. so yeah, lol. i loved it and am kicking myself that i didnt read it when i originally got it...in august:smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

I'm reading Mockingjay, Hourglass, Wings, Shimmer, The Dark and Hollow Places, and Night World 1-3  :smileyhappy:  The are gonna be gooood!

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

I am finally reading the Uglies and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I was going to based upon other reviews from people.  Maybe my extreme love of dystopians is carrying me through.

Uglies (Uglies Series #1)

New User
_maddiee_
0 Kudos

i'm reading Stephen King's Insomnia.:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
----SOBBY_love---

[ Edited ]

Finished the Iron Fey series last week which i lovedThe Iron Queen (Iron Fey Series #3) The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey Series #2) The Iron King (Iron Fey Series #1). also Tiger's Curse (Tiger's Curse Series #1)  and Blessed. After reading blessed the endings of Eternal and Tantalize  started to make sense. I did not like tiger's curse at all. i thought it was going to be good but the writing seemed very stiff, and the dialouge wasnt realistic at all (in the sense of how they talked). Also I finishedGoing Too Far which i really liked and i am currently midway throughForget You. i really am liking jennifer echols books. I plan on reading TrappedUnearthly and the soul screamers series later this week. 

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Into the Shadows, a young adult paranormal novel

My Book Giveaways

Don't miss the Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop - Ends March 20

www.darkangel88.com

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

is the dark and hollow places good? i still have to read dead tossed waves...but theyre both were/are good.

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

I am reading Demonglass now and it's really good so far.  It's the second book after Hex Hall which is a reformatory school for magical beings that can't seem to live normal lives on the outside.  I just barely started it though, so we'll see how it ends up.  :smileyhappy:

Demonglass (Hex Hall Series #2)

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

[ Edited ]

Well I just finished...

Angel (Maximum Ride Series #7)   Which was quite amazing! Not the most beautiful writing in the world, but it was full of surprises and adventure and just the kind of book I needed. =)

So now I'm off to read either...

So B. It

or

Unwind  It mostly just depends what mood I'm in because you are completely different which you can probably tell by just looking at the covers =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller