Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Read-a-lotDL
0 Kudos

What book should I read next?

I need some help to find a good teen book to read for this summer any suggestion?

Cookie(lolz)
Distinguished Correspondent
bobbles918

Re: What book should I read next?

What genres do you prefer?

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
New User
Read-a-lotDL
0 Kudos

Teen romance,Teen Horror,Teen action

Cookie(lolz)
bobbles918
0 Kudos

Ok well depending on the type of teen romance-I tend to lean more toward fantasy type books so I'd recommend

The Mortal Instrument series & Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Fallen series by Lauren Kate

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I think these all have romance & some action in them--Of course The Hunger Games-Suzann Collins

More realistic teen romances I've enjoyed are

The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott-or pretty much anything by Elizabeth Scott-Love her!!

And alot of people enjoy Sarah Dressen-I've only read This Lullaby by her-but liked it

Hope this helps-Hope I'm not just giving you books you've already read

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Reader 4
Jeannine528
0 Kudos

I just finished Demon Day by Penelope Fletcher, awesome read! This is the second book in the Rae Wilder series, The Demon Girl is the first book, which should be read first of course.

Demons, fairys, shifters, etc. wrapped up in a mystery about a girls history, and her place in this world. Plenty of light romance thrown in for spice, how can ya good wrong.

Good reading!

Contributor
deathiscoming

some really good series that are romance with action are

Soul Scearmers

The Body Finder

Wondrous Strange

Hex Hall

Firelight

Unearthly

Laurel Series

all of these are good action, adventure, and romance series some only have 1-3 books out but are not done being written.

We all must die at some point. Might as well embrace life as it is.
bobbles918
0 Kudos

I also like

Forget You & Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols-good romance novels

New User
BookLovex3
0 Kudos

Breathe  

Teen romance. It has a really good book trailer on Youtube. 

I found the link for it Breathe Book Trailer

Whisperlynn
0 Kudos

Some of the aforementioned that I strongly second:

The Mortal Instruments - there are four books in this series so far as well as a prequel book, Clockwork Angel, so you could be busy all summer with just this amazing series and trust me, you wont tire of it! : )

Unearthly - Sci-fi and romance, this is about nephilim or fallen angels with is really interesting and sort of a new trend that hasn't been overdone yet.

Hex Hall - This is a good light read, not much action, but a cute story with some good humor as well a few surprises.

Some new suggestions:

The Luxe - first in a four book historical romance series.  This might be a long shot based on the genres you said you liked but I recommend this to EVERYONE, it is simply fantastic, and if you want to read a good romance look no further.  This is romance and adventure on the level of Jane Austen for a modern reader.  No supernatural content, but plenty to keep you interested!

The Replacement - Because you mentioned horror.  This is a super creepy stand alone book that I can't even explain because I don't want to give anything away!  It's just soooo good!  : )

The Last Apprentice - Another series, and another for horror fans.  This is whimsical, spooky, and adventurous.  I love all that I have read so far.

Hope this helps, happy reading! :robothappy:

Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

My favorite series ever is the Asleep series by Wendy Raven McNair, if you love romance and paranormal this series is perfect. Others are White Cat by. Holly Black, Mediator Series by. Meg Cabot, Shiver Series, The Seven Rays, Wake Series, The Pace Series, Airhead Series, and Morganville Vampires are all among my favorite books/series!!!!

www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Inspired Contributor
to-read-is-to-live
0 Kudos

Look for:

Tamora Pierce  who has written several quartets, a trilogy and a couple stand alones.  Softcovers available for most.

Divergent is a great book!  Available in Hardcover only right now.

Elsewhere  Is a different look at what life is like after you die.  Softcover.

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

This is a really good book: The Zarder by Sara Jo Easton

For ten years, the dragon-like Onizards who dwelled in the Day Kingdom had been ruled by a tyrant who called herself the Fire Queen. Not even the Queen's son, Delbralfi, was completely safe from her scorn and wrath. For a powerless non-nature like Teltrena or a human slave like Jena, life was spent hoping for a better future while fearing for one's life.
Then, through a series of most unlikely circumstances, Jena found her mind telepathically Bonded to an Onizard hatchling named Senraeno. The only way to survive the Fire Queen's wrath was to fake their deaths and hide in the forgotten Night Kingdom.

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Contributor
trainreader4me
0 Kudos

The chick friends series. Edgy YA series about douche bag boys hookin up. My fav series. 

The chick friends rules! Freshman year  

The chick friends rules! Sophomore year  

The chick friends rules! Junior year  

New User
rianna_holcomb
0 Kudos

If it hasn't already been mentioned, you should read 'Unwind' by Neal Shusterman. It honestly gave me heart palpitations.

Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto
0 Kudos

How about Jana Oliver's The Demon Trapper's Daughter? 

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.
Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

You should read The Mortal Instruments series. It is one of my favorites!

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1)  

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Contributor
tracyjacobs007
0 Kudos

Boys That Bite by Mari Mancusi, there's a whole series, very addicting.

New User
bukaholic
0 Kudos

Breathing  

since you like classic then id'll be this.....

addicted Bukaholic !! * drool*
Contributor
booklover200
0 Kudos

Here are two teen romance books i love scibbler of dreams-Mary E Pearson ,perfect you-elizabeth scott
New User
pedro842
0 Kudos

i recomend freak the mighty its a really good book its about two kids in the beginning knowing each other and then becoming bestfriend when they get older and do stuff until one dies because his heart was to big for his body.