Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
mecgirl95
0 Kudos

What is the best movie ever made?

I love Step Up 1 & 2 and Drumline. What does everyone eles like?

. . . Laughter Is Timeless
Imagination Has No Age
And Dreams Are Forever
-Disney-

Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

Re: What is the best movie ever made?

the 5 hour Pride and Prejudice is the BEST movie ever. it's WAY better then the new one in my opinion. if you havn't seen it then plan a movie day with your friends.

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Frequent Contributor
NathalieVC
0 Kudos

I really like "The Godfather"
=]
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

Wanted
pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

is wanted any good? b/c i LOVE james mcavoy but i hate angelina jolie....

"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I can't say that Wanted was my favorite movie. But it was good. I had a difficult time watching it with my parents though. Dirty scenes and all, you understand lol.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

haha i understand about the parents thing :]

i watched atonement with my mom and it was very awkward!!!

Frequent Contributor
twilightislove
0 Kudos

the notebook =]
"im perfectly capable of driving myself home!" - bella
"of course she was but i wasnt capable of letting her go"- edward
-midnight sun
xoxo
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Haha yeah. They're like "Close your eyes!". I'm almost 18. I'll be old enough to buy "dirty" videos. I'm old enough to see rated R movies. But I close my eyes anyway. It's not like I want to watch that stuff with them.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

I love anything with Nicholas Cage!! Next, National Treasure(1 and 2), and City of angels.

i love anything with Will Smith too, like pursuit of happyness, 

I love the movie speed, it was from a long time ago but i still love the movie because its amazing!!!:}

You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

Jurassic Park!!!  But otherwise maybe Pride and Glory or Underworld:Rise of the Lycans.  But my favorites change all the time.
"In the end family is all that we have"
Distinguished Scribe
booklover37
0 Kudos

my faves are Tuck Everlasting, Underworld, Braveheart, Blood Diamond,

& all of Denzel Washington's movies (he's my favorite actor)

"...life is a fight just the same, whether you fight it with weapons, or with words. You have to fight for what you believe in, and for the things you want.'"
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

shesaxsensation
haha i completly agree they always toss me a pillow and tell me to put it over my eyes so i don't see it....it's kinda pointless when i know whats going on you know?

but whatever makes them feel better :]
Message Edited by torusthetiger on 02-20-2009 12:01 AM
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I was just thinking "I wish there was a warning sign that tells you there are sex scenes in a movie". But there are warning signs! I just forget that they're there.

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Haha. Yeah that stuff bothers me too. Especially with my dad for some reason. Thats why I always try to sit either in front of my parents. So its easier to avoid awkward glances. haha. 
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

_K3LS3Y_ wrote:

I love anything with Nicholas Cage!! Next, National Treasure(1 and 2), and City of angels.

i love anything with Will Smith too, like pursuit of happyness, 

I love the movie speed, it was from a long time ago but i still love the movie because its amazing!!!:}

That is pretty funny that you like Nicholas Cage. My mom wont watch a movie with him in it. I dont like him that much but he changed my mind in the National Treasures.
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I'm SO excited to see Knowing. I'm not a fan of Nicholas Cage but I'm not a hater of him either. I don't watch much of his stuff. But Knowing looks incredible. I love disaster movies.

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Whoa wait?? What is Knowing?? lol
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

http://knowing-themovie.com/

I saw the trailer when I went to see Twilight ... everytime. Lol.

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

The Knowing is the latest Nicolas Cage movie! I'd explain it but I'm too lazy! Here is a link to teh commercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikJ3t_tZf-E

Watch this movie trailer! It's hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uhjbN0T14U

Hope this helps!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103