Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

Re: What is the best movie ever made?

That looks pretty good!!
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings
0 Kudos

I think Transformers is the best movie ever made. :smileyhappy:
"I'm asleep, but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
Contributor
krazykychik
0 Kudos

Me too! I LOVED Transformers. And Eagle Eye. Pretty much anything that Shia Labeouf stars in. Its weird though. He disapeared for a few years and now he's back in 4 movies straight. Disturbia, Transformers, Indiana Jones: Crystal Skull, and now Eagle Eye.
Contributor
angelicajonas
0 Kudos

i have to say transformers too
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I really didn't like any of those movies. The only movie from Shia Labuf that I love is Holes. That movie is one of my favorites! Also, Freedom Writers is definitly one of the BEST movies I have ever seen!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

i loved freedom writers!!! and i can't wait till the knowing comes out!!!! i LOVE Nick!!
You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

*Hannah backs away slowly from Kelsey* God, you sound like a Jonas Brothers fan!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

NICK JONAS!!!!!*spits on ground in distaste* I hate them. but no i was talking about Nicholas Cage.
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I know! Bleh! I hope the Jonas Brothers suffer a slow and painful death in record sales! Jk!
Message Edited by Vampires-and-Spongebob on 02-21-2009 04:50 PM
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

hahaha
Correspondent
JessTheTeacher_08
0 Kudos

I want to see Taken. That looks pretty good. :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

My friend loved Taken. I just watched Gran Torino last night and wow. I loved it. I think it's definitely one of the best movies ever made.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Gran Torino is amazing :smileyvery-happy:

I love Clint Eastwood.  

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Yeah. I have a question for people of different ethnicities. Okay so in Gran Torino Clint Eastwood calls people of different ethnicity bad names. I'm sure I don't have to give an example for you to know what I mean. But do you get really offended by the movie? Or what? I'm just curious. My mom and I were both wondering.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Contributor
kenzizzle
0 Kudos

i'm gonna have to go with titanic as being one of the best movies ever made, even though i can't ever bring myself to watch the ending again.

i also love penelope, but i wouldn't say its the best movie ever made...just one of my favorites. oh oh...and pretty woman. i could watch that movie over and over again.

-kenzie-
Frequent Contributor
Kichou
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Millenium Actress, an old(-ish) anime film by Satoshi Kon, gets my vote for this one. It's a little slow, but it's also beautiful, creative and just straight-up awesome in a ton of ways. I also love Hot Fuzz and Five Centimeters Per Second to death.

JessTheTeacher_08 wrote:

I want to see Taken. That looks pretty good. :smileyhappy:

I saw Taken. It's not going to be an award-winner, but I thought it was good popcorny fun. :smileytongue:

Message Edited by Kichou on 02-25-2009 05:05 PM
"And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn, would scarcely know that we were gone." - There Will Come Soft Rains, by Sara Teasdale
Contributor
Skulduggery-Lover
0 Kudos

I have to say the Best Movies ever made were Transformers, Titanic, 300, V for Vendetta, and the Nightmare Before Christmas. :smileyvery-happy: big fan of all of them!

"Behind this mask there is more then flesh. Behind this mask there is an idea. And ideas are bulletproff." - V from V for Vendetta

New User
kkkkatiemf
0 Kudos

Probably one of my all time favorites is Home Alone 3. And Parent Trap (with Lindsey Lohan.)

Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

i just saw "he's just not that into you" and it was amazing...it's one of my new favorites!!!
"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

torusthetiger wrote:
i just saw "he's just not that into you" and it was amazing...it's one of my new favorites!!!

oh is it good?? We have free movie passes so we have to go to a movie in the next 3 days otherwise they will expire and i dont see any good movies that i want to see and im only 13 so they R movies are out!! So would it be a good one for me to see??
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~