Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_

What is the thing you HATE to do the MOST???

What is/are the thing/s you hate to do the most???

Mine are SHOPPING and ACTING like a girl or let's say a lady..

I really do hate shopping for a couple of reasons, first because you have to walk a LOT..walk this way and that..I hate it! Plus, it will take so much time, (especially when buying clothes and shoes), like it consumes all of your time..

And I really hate it too when someone keeps on telling me to act like a lady..I told you before that even the word I hate..and it really infuriated me when someone tells me to act like one. argh...and these days they keep, as in everytime they see me doing somethin' not appropriate,  on telling me "to act like a lady"..ugh..I hate it!

and they bought me these sandals with like an inch heels, and every time I walk I cannot help but trip! it was so...ugh..:/  I like my sneakers better..

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Re: What is the thing you HATE to do the MOST???

I sometimes hate talking. I know its crazy and weird but sometimes i just want to be left alone. I need my space sometimes. Sometimes when i am angry i don't talk either. I find silence is easier to deal with then screaming at someone.

I hate to be rushed. You know? when your late for something and you only have a few minutes to do something that takes longer....i hate feeling like i have no time.

Thats all i  can think of right now. lol

Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I hate having to try to read while there's loud music or people talking in the background. I can't concentrate- which drives me nuts.

I hatehatehate doing class plays with a substitute. We did it like 3 times this past year- our teacher would be out for the day and make us read a play. Everyone would be purposelly difficult for the sub- say they got a different part than they did, read someone else's part, complain when someone read their part. And then, when I finished the plays on my own and then read my own book under the desk, I would get in trouble for it.

Anything gym related.

Message Edited by Facepalm on 07-31-2009 10:42 AM
team GALE, anyone?
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL

thats deffo on my list being rushed, its like theres a last min cal and i have literally 2 mis left, and i panick right away so stressing

one thing that really gets to me, is being let down, when you plan something weather its fam or friends keepthe promise , or at most let me know the day  before but when its last min i hate the feeling of being let down it really gets to me, thats why i alwasy keep my word

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Yeah i also hate being let down. When someone says we are going to hang out but then says that they can't. The first time doesn't bother me but when its like the 3rd or fourth time it really gets to me.
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I hate haters....

That's the thing I hate most....

and trust me I have a few people who hate me....

I was 1st chair in band (go Clarinets!) and I was HATED for it....just cuz I was the 'best' Clarinet player at the time.....

I got it all....

the dirty looks the....

the comments....

'I think you were a little sharp on the high G' I got that comment for the person who was 2nd chair and then she and the person who was 3rd chair laughted....

I just rolled my eyes....

Message Edited by J.R._BookWorm on 07-31-2009 11:34 AM
"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Contributor
VampLuvr

I HATE LIARS! Especially about stuppid stuff!! If u r gonna say somethin be straight forward!!!!!!!!
" And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"- Edward Cullen Twilight
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101

I hate haveing absolutely NOTHING to do!! it gets on my nerves and it happens A LOT!!
lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

I absolutely HATE doing the dishes! The dishwasher broke 2 weeks ago and my parents are making me do the dishes by hand and I HATE it so much!
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95

i HATE when ppl wisper in front of me!!!! it just rude!!! and it make me feel left out.

i also hate being lonely i mean really lonely but the bad thing is this happends ALOT!

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Inspired Correspondent
passi0nate_1
0 Kudos

I hate whispers and dishes too!! i also hate automatically blamed for stuff even if i didnt do it. since my brother doesnt live with us im the oldest child in the house. every time something happens to my sister that sounds or looks bad to my parents, they automatically assume that it was my fault and it annoys me sooo much and gets me really angry.
Music is the cure.
I am the addiction.
Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

i totally agree with all of you i dont like to do the dishes  and i dont like it when people argue if people argue i will walk away when people argue it stresses me out and dont like to take out the trash

the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

Oh, I also hate wearing dresses...not that I wear them..I just; there were times when they'd insist that I should put on one..HATE IT!!!
http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
sandySG
0 Kudos

I hate:

1. Having to get up in front of the class at school to give a presentation

2. Having people (mostly people I don't know or don't know very well) stare at me. 

3. When I'm listening to a song in the car and other people sing along to it (Yes I know it's kinda weird but it's true)  I just prefer to listen to the music the way it origionally is and I don't like it when other people's singing messes it up.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I hate when people try to talk to you while your obviously doing something else. It annoys me so much.

I'm not like you guys. I like doing the dishes!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Contributor
iheartvolleyball_21
0 Kudos

I h8 it when ppl spread rumors about you for NO reason.....It's jst pointless.
Everybody's different so everybody's the same-J.M.
Contributor
alylovezu2
0 Kudos

I hate [strongly dislike] buying jeans like i love jeans just trying them on cause it takes me forever to find something that fits.

I also dnt like haters, fakers

and most especially being rushed by someone in a bookstore. like telling me can u hurry up already and let's go. i need my sweet time with the books ;]

"I always think of each night as a song. Or each moment as a song. But now I'm seeing we don't live in a single song. We move from song to song, lyric to lyric, from chord to chord. There is no ending here. It's an infinite playlist."
- Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I hate

shopping for clothes- you have to try everything on and it takes forever, and no numbers add up. you can be a 3 and then try on a different brand and youre and 11- soo annoying!

liers, fakies, pretenders, haters

when people et youre hopes all up, everything seems to be working out. and then they let you down just cause they dont feel like it. whatever 1 time, but multiple times. im so over you.

people urge info out of you. you have a right to tell or not to tell.

Message Edited by random97 on 08-02-2009 02:16 AM
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Frequent Contributor
emma23
0 Kudos

I hate having to clean my room when my parents tell me to. i know it sounds stupied or weird but i can clean my room if i'm not in the mood to. i'll end up reading instead of cleaning half the time and my room isnt that messy to begin with. i also hate liars, artist block, and writers block.
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

i also hate packing. i fail at it. and this time my body wash broke, leaving my clothed and bed soked with it.

i also hate writers block, it no fun at all :smileysad:

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."