Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
disneygirl1195
0 Kudos

What side are you? Team Dimitri...or Team Adrian??

[ Edited ]

Okay so I'm starting this discussion to hear the fan's opinions on the bestselling series The Vampire Academy. I love Dimitri, but are there any others out there that think otherwise?? State here your love for Adrian or Dimitri!!!! 

Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

Re: What side are you? Team Dimitri...or Team Adrian??

At first it was Dimitri but now i'm leaning towards Adrian =P

" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Like with most books where the main character is a girl and likes two guys most the time I really like both of them and whichever one she ends up with is okay with me. The Vampire Academy series is no exception so whichever guy Rose ends up with Dimitri or Adrian I'll be happy with either = )

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Frequent Contributor
Evermore13
0 Kudos

At first I was in LOVE with Dimitri and i just wanted Adrian to die.. but now that Dimitri is kind of a jerk and well isn't very interested, I am leaning towards Adrian since he has been there for her. BUT if Dimitri gets his act together i would totally be in love with him again :smileyhappy: 

New User
GiulianaFusco
0 Kudos

At first I was totally team Dimitri but then I became team Mason becasue I just LOVED Mason and sadly that didnt end well, then I was team Adrian because I LOVED how he would always call rose "Little Dhampire" after that I decided that Dimitri was really sweet and they where good together but then dimitri turned all bad and now I HATE him for what he did to rose even though he wasnt himself so now Im totally team Adrian because well... he is the only one left that isnt dead or not half way dead walking around killing people.

New User
MissyD_96
0 Kudos

I totally LOVE Dimitri!!! In the fourth book though there's that one section were Dimitri is a Dhampir again and Rose and him are together again living not far from the Royal Court. When she's fighting Avery telepathically. Is that like a vision or  like . . . what? It's bothering me sooo much! Still I love Dimitri, cried when he was taken, enraged when he was mean to Rose and wanted Adrian to become her boyfriend and save her, then when her became himself again I dance. Then upset that her was again cold to her. But don't forget Drimitri did help fight the Royal Guardians when Rose was attacked. He has to have feelings for her!!!

Contributor
maxowner
0 Kudos

SCREW ADRIAN. im team Dimitri alllllllllllllllllllll the way. Dimitri still loves Rose he is just ashamed because of what he did as a vamp in Russia.

Frequent Contributor
zera17
0 Kudos

I love adrian(my favorite!) but i really want rose to end up with demitri.... i just hope adrian has a happy ending with someone also

Photobucket
Frequent Contributor
tgordillo92
0 Kudos

ok well i do really like adrian but i have loved dimitri from the start and i want rose to end up with dimitri. He has always cared for her and yea he might have been a jerk when he turned strigoi and when he got turned back he was cold towards Rose but he did that because he was ashamed of what he did to her and everybody else.i know he still loves her and i totally want him to get back with Rose, she may care for adrian but her heart is with Dimitri. As for Adrian i like him alot i just want Dimitri with Rose but i hope that Adrian does get someone in the end so he can be happy too...maybe he will end up with Mia, the once hated non-royal moroi girl who lives at the royal court now.

Frequent Contributor
tgordillo92
0 Kudos

ok well i do really like adrian but i have loved dimitri from the start and i want rose to end up with dimitri. He has always cared for her and yea he might have been a jerk when he turned strigoi and when he got turned back he was cold towards Rose but he did that because he was ashamed of what he did to her and everybody else.i know he still loves her and i totally want him to get back with Rose, she may care for adrian but her heart is with Dimitri. As for Adrian i like him alot i just want Dimitri with Rose but i hope that Adrian does get someone in the end so he can be happy too...maybe he will end up with Mia, the once hated non-royal moroi girl who lives at the royal court now.

Frequent Contributor
KWBookFanatic
0 Kudos

From the moment he first said "Little Dhampir" I have been hooked on Adrian.  I know that she is going to end up with Dimitri in the end.  But a small, ok huge part of me hopes that she ends up with Adrian.  I just love him!

It's all about the books!!!
Check out my blog www.kwbookfanatic.blogspot.com
Correspondent
Wolfgirl22
0 Kudos

I loved Adrian ever since he's been getting more attention in the books. Not crazy for Dimitri though, and I know that Rose is going to have Dimitri at the end (or i just feel it) but thats ok. It just means that I'll have Adrian to myself =)

http://psykhe22.blogspot.com/
http://psykhe22-challenge.blogspot.com/

Contributor
tas1396
0 Kudos

I really think rose should be with Dimitri she has fought for him for so long and so he needs to stop actin like an idiot and be with her. I mean i understand he feels bad for all the things he did and some things he did to her but she loves him and forgives him, and understands that it really wasnt him that did all those bad things. I really like adrian also i mean he is really tryin for rose but i think their better off friends. But if Dimitri doesnt stop actin like he is then rose should stick with Adrian!!!!

TAS1396
Contributor
StaceysJustFab
0 Kudos

This is a hard question to answer.  I fell into the trap that the author inteded me to.  I fell for Dimitri, then I fell for Adrian when he cares for what no one thinks of Rose and still loves her.  However, I really did like Mason.  I found myself wanting her and Mason to take on Lissa or someone else.  I think I may have threw my book down when he died.

Now, I find myself wishing Dimitri would just give in ONLY because with Adrian, with how the story has been written things would never work.  Yet, in the same story Rose couldn't ever truly be with Dimitri either.  Yes, of course she can be, but in a way her goals and what she is keep her from having that normal fairytale.

Out of Dimitir and Adrian, I am tied at this point.  We'll have to wait and see what is going to happen to Rose regarding the Queen's death- and then maybe I can make my decision. 

With only one more book left hopefully we are left at ease regarding the love triangle :-) 

Frequent Contributor
disneygirl1195
0 Kudos

hahahahahaha i agree hopefully all lose ends are tied in the final book :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
disneygirl1195
0 Kudos

whoa, now i'm kinda conflicted on both Adrian and Dimitri cause i love them both! (but still secretly rooting for Dimitri to pull his act together :smileyvery-happy:)

New User
Monie0389
0 Kudos

i think that im the only one who likes adran better. im weird. but i feel kinda bad for him. so i pick him. plus, his name is waaaaayyyyyyyyyy cooler.

New User
lisasumayyah
0 Kudos

Re: What side are you? Team Dimitri..Or Team Adrian??

Vampire Academy is my favorite series. I love rose and I love Adrian And Dimitri. I wouldn't care who she ends up with as long as  the person she didn't choose didn't get hurt. Even though I don't care, but  personally believe that she is going to end up with Dimitri, because that is the way it always happens, in books like this, but I won't mad she ends up with either.

New User
InK_Bl0t
0 Kudos

I havE to say that I'm in LOVE with Dimitri. Everything about him is just sooo... DIMITRISH. Love love LOVE that Russian guy. Dont get me wrong, Adrian is cool, but Dimitri? My,my,my. Loveee him :smileytongue: I know he still loves Rose but he's just upset about what he did to her. I mean I dont blame the guy, and it makes him more lovable because he knows he was wrong. He just needs time to forgive himself. I hope him and Rose end up together! Soo TEAM DIMITRI!!!

Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

I'm almost done with spirit bound and now i'm totally TEAM ADRIAN!!!!! He just keeps getting better and better!!! =] dont get me wrong i still love dimitri but after him being such a jerkface i cant really bounce back from that with him.

" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"