Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

Wicca

i know this is a book club and all but i wanted to know if there were any other  wickens (thats not how you spell it) wiccans on here. ?
Wordsmith
Night_Angel

Re: Wicca

used to be one, don't know if that counts. 
New User
darquemortis7

i want to but my family is aganist it

Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

why did you convert from wicca.? night_angle
Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

well at first my family had a problem with it to because they are christian but honestly they basic concepts from Wicca are pure there is nothing about dark magic nothing like that. you should do research and show it to them . it really is about being one with everything around you. wiccans are called witches but not in the sens that people have turned it into . if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL

no offc or anything but what is a wicca, is it just spiritual stuff sounds kinda cool, and what inspired u guys to be one ?
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Kyleigh

I think Wicca is cool.  The very little I know about it.  Lol.  I think it's cool that you guys are into it. :smileyhappy:  I'm athiest myself, so nothing really offends me.  Haha.  Feel free to discuss about it too!  I'm eager to learn.  :smileyvery-happy:
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Distinguished Scribe
booklover37

I'm not a wiccan and I don't really know much about it. I think wiccans use ouji boards?? But that's about all I know. My mom is against witchcraft and wicca related stuff so I've never learned much about it. But it's kinda cool that you guys are into it. I always like learning of other people's beliefs & religions.  :smileyhappy:
"...life is a fight just the same, whether you fight it with weapons, or with words. You have to fight for what you believe in, and for the things you want.'"
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

I know about wiccas from Scooby Doo! There was this one movie.....
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

I  was born and raised a Christian I converted to wicca because to me the principles are much better without worrying that if you make a mistake you'll be damned to hell.

we don't have a heaven or hell, also for the scientists out there its OK because we believe in reincarnation and science says that energy cannot be created or destroyed that's basically  ties in to reincarnation.

I'm a witch in the sense of what it originally means not what Christianity has turned it into I don't fly around on broom sticks, I don't have warts I don't do black magic, witches in the beginning where just people who used what the earth provided them to cure or help the problems they had in  life along with payer.

the main thing about wicca is the wiccan rede , "An' it harm none, do as you will,"  which basically says harm none. So tell your mom . I mean how can you go wrong with harming nothing. I'm a vegan for the same reason . Wicca also says that take responsibility for your actions we don't have a devil or demons to blame our wrong doings on we have just ourselves we did wrong we made a mistake . Us and not nobody else

there is also if you do something wrong to someone expect it to come back to you, in the same notion if you do something good to someone expect it to come back to you ( this is not karma, ( Karma is a goddess and has her own religion))

wicca also says that there is always room for self improvement and the improvement in others, that you should push yourself.  the last basics but not the least into the wiccan religion is

• the self is divine
  • the god/other powers are divine
  • the universe itself is divine

if there are any other deeper or more specific questions just ask.

Distinguished Scribe
booklover37

wow that's actually pretty cool.. i mean i knew wicca wasn't about flying on brooms and black magic and stuff. but i thought wiccans believed in heaven & hell. and in demons. so do you actually have spells?? I think a lot of religions are misinterpreted. 'Cause not everyone knows that wicca isn't about black magic and stuff. it's actually the exact opposite of what I thought it was-- especially since you believe in self improvement and all. that's really cool
"...life is a fight just the same, whether you fight it with weapons, or with words. You have to fight for what you believe in, and for the things you want.'"
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

Silvermist24 wrote:

Scooby Doo and The Witch's Ghost. Thorn (Sally), Luna and Dusk were "eco-goths" as they called themselves or in reality wiccans. Yeah, I'm obsessed with Scooby Doo. I know!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

honeslty not all wiccans are good there are some who use it and branch of for not so good things but that happens in every religion. we dont have a heaven because of  reencarnation we come back as somehting else our soul and energy brings new life. we do believe in a lady / mother she is mother nature also sometimes interpreted to be  venus and her male counterpart we honor all religions because we are a pagan religion and most religions branched freom some sort of paganism. we do have temple awhere we honor our lord and lady. we arnt really supposed to be touched my modern influences ( im on the computer breaking the rules) but that mostly goes for when we are in temple. its more about being one with everything around you than trying to please otheres. To be a Witch is to be a  healer, a teacher, a seeker, a giver, and a protector of all things.   
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

Vampires-and-Spongebob wrote:

Silvermist24 wrote:

Scooby Doo and The Witch's Ghost. Thorn (Sally), Luna and Dusk were "eco-goths" as they called themselves or in reality wiccans. Yeah, I'm obsessed with Scooby Doo. I know!

And Ben Ravencroft was say that his sister was a wiccan but she was actually a witch. And he was a worlock! And I trusted him!

Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Frequent Contributor
Bookworm650789

I'm hindu but I'm interested in other religions. Wicca fascinates me. Its one of those religions that were really misunderstood. i would like to learn more about it. I htink its rlly cool that there are some Wiccans here. All I rlly know about Wicca is that it is in harmony with nature. And that some of the early wiccans use plants for healing, thus getting labeled as witches. I don't believe in a heaven or hell either but I do believe in reincarnation so I guess I still have to watch what I do in this life, lol. Anyway, I'd love to know more about it. :smileyhappy:
Let books be your dining table,
And you shall be full of delights
Let them be your mattress
And you shall sleep restful nights.
~Author Unknown

A room without books is like a body without a soul
~ Cicero
Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

yea like we are really open to other religions. today i sat in a christian yoth group after scholl and the lady noticed i wasnt praying . . .  so i explained to her that im wiccan and they all liked attacked me ( not phyically) i was like whoa. !! they were like "dont bring your black magic around us" and all types of stuff like that
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

*rolls eyes*  seriously?  This is why I hate Christianity.  (no offense to any christians, I just tend to dislike it in general) Christians (not saying everybody) but in the  past have twisted everyones beliefs so that the leaders had more power.  Wiccans undermined the power of God over earthly remedies and so they labeled them as witches.  Women used to have a respected place in society, but no the church says that woman created original sin and so the rest of women are condemned?  That's a bunch of bull.  Sorry, I'm very touchy on this subject.  

I've always been a nature person so I totally get the idea of the mother goddess.  huh, when you put reincarnation like that it totally makes sense with the energy stuff.  *ponders* that is actually really cool now that I think about it.  :smileyvery-happy:    Haha.  If I was religious, I have to say I would be either Wiccan or the more philosphical type of Buddhism.  The idea of Heaven and Hell just makes me laugh.  I had bad experiences as a child from "Christians" telling me I was going to hell because I didn't go to church, was a hypocrite for celebrating christmas, and that I had never been baptized.  Not that inviting if you ask me.  So yes I have alot of problems with Christianity.  Sorry, didn't mean to rant.  Haha.  

Isn't there also a male counterpart to the goddess?  I thought there was but I can't remember.   

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Contributor
rebecca_m_15

I don't really have a religion, I'm not atheist because I believe in something I just don't know what it is, yet. That sounds weird but that's the way it is. My friend is non-denominational (basically Christians without confession) and I've gone to church with her quite a few times, but every time I go I end up getting upset or angry at what the pastor says. I enjoy it because it makes me think, but sometimes the things they say are outrageous to me. Once the pastor read a scripture that basically said if you don't do exactly what I say and follow all these rules I set down then I will darn you to hell. I was like :smileysurprised: a little harsh but whatever. Sorry for kinda ranting... :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. Don't hate me because I dislike the religion... if it's yours

You don't have to do what's normal. I certainly don't! :smileyvery-happy:
Distinguished Scribe
booklover37

i know what you mean. my whole family is non-denominational christians and i'm basically forced to go to church. i have my disagreements with some of their beliefs but i still have to go. i  believe that there is something out there but i'm not sure what. my church is all about accepting each other and love and stuff so the pastor never says stuff like "follow god's word or you're damned to hell" but there is a lot of judging other people because they don't follow god. they're not really open minded at all. plus, most of the members are complete hypocrites. example: hugging someone in church and smiling at them but as soon as they walk out, they're all like "gosh, i hate her." haha so yeah, i'm undecided.
Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

*rolls eyes*  seriously?  This is why I hate Christianity.  (no offense to any christians, I just tend to dislike it in general) Christians (not saying everybody) but in the  past have twisted everyones beliefs so that the leaders had more power.  Wiccans undermined the power of God over earthly remedies and so they labeled them as witches.  Women used to have a respected place in society, but no the church says that woman created original sin and so the rest of women are condemned?  That's a bunch of bull.  Sorry, I'm very touchy on this subject.  

I've always been a nature person so I totally get the idea of the mother goddess.  huh, when you put reincarnation like that it totally makes sense with the energy stuff.  *ponders* that is actually really cool now that I think about it.  :smileyvery-happy:    Haha.  If I was religious, I have to say I would be either Wiccan or the more philosphical type of Buddhism.  The idea of Heaven and Hell just makes me laugh.  I had bad experiences as a child from "Christians" telling me I was going to hell because I didn't go to church, was a hypocrite for celebrating christmas, and that I had never been baptized.  Not that inviting if you ask me.  So yes I have alot of problems with Christianity.  Sorry, didn't mean to rant.  Haha.  

Isn't there also a male counterpart to the goddess?  I thought there was but I can't remember.   

yea ive had some bad christian experiances and some bad islam ones, my mother told me once i would be damned to hell forever then got mad when i told her there is no hell. ive been thrown out of chuirches and everyhting like im only 15 how do you throw a 15 year old out of church.?????? honesly i dont see whats so great about it, like im really touchy on the religiouse subject to especially mine and christianity because its funny how so many peopl  know nothing really about what they are practicing. if alot of christians knew the history and how it corrosponds to the rest of the world i dont think there would be so many christains any more. but yea there is a male counter part is the horned god, or father. we have other dieties to

Laurels