Frequent Contributor
Lindie
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Books Ever!

I have a lot of worst books...

Pride and Prejuidice- biggest waste of 3 weeks of my life.

Twilight- for so many reasons. It makes me so angry just thinking about it.

I can't believe people are obsessed with that piece of crap.

"She sang, of course, "M'ama!" and not "he loves me," since an unalterable and unquestioned law of the musical world required that the German text of French opreas sung by Swedish artists should be translated into Italian for the clearer understanding of English-speaking audiences."
Contributor
me_you_51
0 Kudos

it can't have been the worse book if you read the whole series

Frequent Contributor
Lindie
0 Kudos

Don't get me wrong, I used to like Twilight.

Two weeks later I took a college level Literature class and realized what amazing literature really is.

And it's not Twilight. (in my opinion)

"She sang, of course, "M'ama!" and not "he loves me," since an unalterable and unquestioned law of the musical world required that the German text of French opreas sung by Swedish artists should be translated into Italian for the clearer understanding of English-speaking audiences."
New User
lalaTP
0 Kudos

What?! that's crazy. how can you like the HP movies and not the book?? Harry potter's awesome. I think you should give them another try. you don't know what you're missing.

New User
Black_Clouds
0 Kudos

The worst book I have ever read would have to be New Moon. I hate the Twilight series with a passion but that is the worst. I hate how Bella acts when Edward leaves, it's so bloody annoying!

Correspondent
kellybeans
0 Kudos

I tend to remember the books I love more than the books I hate. Currently, I'm reading The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway for school, and I just can't get into it. There's a lot of symbolism in the story, but I judt can't stand his writing style. It's very straightforward with short sentences, few adjectives and adverbs, very little dialogue. Other than that, I can't really think of other books I don't like.

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it. That's all."
-The Breakfast Club
Frequent Contributor
love2read95
0 Kudos

I really didn't  like Lauren Conrads "L.A. Candy." It was probably one of the worst books I ever read. I thought it was very fake and superficial. I also had a hard time figuring out the point. But that's just my opinion. 

~Love2Read95:smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

the worst book i ever read is between Extras by scott Westerfeld its the 4th book in the series and tantalize i dont remember the author.

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

I would say for me there are no worst books , just different authors with different opinions , even though I have not liked some books so much I don't think I can judge a book as worst because each book has an opinion and a message. So even if the book is Twilight lol there is something you can always get out of any book!

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Contributor
Envisage
0 Kudos

Wake by Lisa McMann, for so many reasons why I disliked that book so much. It took all my mite to finish it. The story line wasn't so bad, but it lacked much of a plot and how it was written kills the book.

Normally I would agree with you CharlieG31, but some books should have never been published.

My uneasiness in the world- the sure,complete belief that I didn't really have a place in it -that wasn't about being a teenager. It was a part of me, and it always had been. Maybe it always would be. In: Evernight.
Contributor
me_you_51
0 Kudos

haha i think you're right. everybook is different and conveys a different meaning to everyone. even though some don't catch my interest and some i find are written rather poorly, there is no worst book cuz if it was that bad, wouldn't everyone think the same thing? and what defines a good book anyways? entertainment, good plot, story? there's too much criteria to meet to really name a book as the worst ever

Contributor
mer-mer
0 Kudos

LA candy... dude, there was just no way that book wouldnt suck.. the moment i heard it had been written by the actress of the hill, or the city or whatever i just knew that book would be untouchable....

i always remembr to check out the author before reading a book cause its what will define the whole story..

Inspired Contributor
liv4Him
0 Kudos

I tried reading Wake, and it was written terribly! I have no idea what style that is, but it's deplorable.

Animal Farm...*shiver*

Check out my blog at http://www.rinielsmusings.wordpress.com.
Contributor
mer-mer
0 Kudos

animal farm, really?

i loved that book. i mean its really short and proves a point concerning the russian revolution..

as far as i've heard and read Orwell is amazing

Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

Flatland def number 1 then That Quail Robert
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
And I will cling to our eternal Eclipse
Until the day of our Breaking Dawn
*** I'm with the vampires, of course. ***
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Black_Clouds wrote:

The worst book I have ever read would have to be New Moon. I hate the Twilight series with a passion but that is the worst. I hate how Bella acts when Edward leaves, it's so bloody annoying!

Bella did get pretty annoying when Edward left her...

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

earlier i wrote either tantalize by somebody smith or extras by scott westerfeld but i forgot to say the twilight series. i know that everyone is like deeply in love with twilight but seriously? its terrible. sorry. i give credit to anyone who writes a book just because i think it takes a lot to put down your ideas for everyone to see and not everyone will like it. but  im one of those people i just dont like the series. just my opinion.

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Its_tiffani_LOVE wrote:

earlier i wrote either tantalize by somebody smith or extras by scott westerfeld but i forgot to say the twilight series. i know that everyone is like deeply in love with twilight but seriously? its terrible. sorry. i give credit to anyone who writes a book just because i think it takes a lot to put down your ideas for everyone to see and not everyone will like it. but  im one of those people i just dont like the series. just my opinion.

I didn't like Tantalize either.....It wasn't that good till the end.....

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

yeah it just didnt really stand out. but her other book eternal was a little better.

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Its_tiffani_LOVE wrote:

yeah it just didnt really stand out. but her other book eternal was a little better.

Yeah i know what you mean.....

Is Eternal good? I haven't read it yet.....

Jasper
~Eclipse~