Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Quotes from Twilight?

ugh

i mean

i hate that spider monkey line

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
Distinguished Correspondent
D-Vos

This is the one I detested the most and the long-standing worst paragraph I have ever read:

"It was beautiful; I couldn't deny that. Everything was green: the trees, their trunks covered with moss, their branches hanging with a canopy of it, the ground covered with ferns. Even the air filtered down greenly through the leaves. It was too green--an alien planet."

She goes from saying it's good that it's green to it's bad that it's green. Make up your mind. Plus the semicolon was completely unnecessary. And their branches hanging with a canopy of...what? What is it hanging with a canopy of? Moss? Green? Trees? How are we supposed to know?

And this is not the only line like this...

D-Vos

New User
kurimak
0 Kudos

There are'nt* any.  If you're going to be an idiot, get your grammar right. 

REXx

Haha this shouldn't be too hard.........

"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."

Ummmm.... I mean, if a guy said that to me I would have burst out laughing, no matter how sweet the moment

"He leaned in slowly, the beeping noise accelerated wildly before his lips even touched me. But when they did, though with the most gentle of pressure, the beeping stopped altogether."

did she die??????

Too many adjectives and bad writing structure.....

More quotes to come, I have to go google this.:smileywink:

REXx

Okay, lets think about it.

Put aside your blinding love and think about this seriously....

Are there really any good twilight quotes?

I mean, not to hate, but they're all so unintelligent and desperate sounding.

just giving my oppinion.

" scars show us where we've been, they don't have to dictate where we are going."- David Rossi, Criminal Minds

bobbles918
0 Kudos

I have to admit that in the movie when he said spider monkey it made me cringe!  I though it was horrible, I couldn't believe that they would put that in the movie, but then again the movies ruined anything good about the books- but that's just my opinion. 

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Reader-Moderator
agnijay

Um, how about...

"This is about my soul! Isn't it?

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
New User
Jenny-Warren
0 Kudos

actually, there is over a 99% chance that there are aliens. however, they will live in a different galaxy entirely, and it would be a bad idea to try to find them, because they will have diseases that we will have no immunity to, and vice versa. your argument is invalid.

(source: stephen hawking and my own logic)

Inspired Correspondent
K-Wags
0 Kudos

Why is it that if something succeeds in something people turn to haters. Stephanie Meyer had an idea and brought it to paper for young adult fiction readers to enjoy. This women made people that never read start reading and con't to read. That in itself is something!! Sure she prob ran out of original ideas and had to improv. I get tired of people ragging on the series. "She is stupid" "The books are dumb" blah blah.... I'll bet all the haters read all four books, if you didn't like it why con't the series and if you didn't read it why are you commenting? You have no business in the discussion. (that's like saying you hate McDonald's french fries but never had one, really?) Or was it that you realize you didn't like the series until there was nothing good left to say and your conversation got boring. Get over it! I will agree some stuff is cheesy in the books and movies. That is the same old story "change the channel already". This was the first book she ever wrote. Have you ever went back and read the first novel of any of your other favorite authors? How did their writing compare?

Lol sorry this was not meant to be rude or offensive just an observation. Have a great day!

Cheesy Line "You'll still be my Bella just less fragile"

Eclipse Pictures, Images and Photos