Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Blue-Wolf

Worst Series Ever!

It would definitely have to say the Eragon trilogy. Yep, it sucks pretty bad.

The hunter's motivation is fueled by his victims cries.
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Re: Worst Series Ever!

I have to say The series of unfortunate invents. I hated them. Very boring and it seemed like I knew what was going to happen next.

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

I'm going to have to say Twilight. I absolutely LOVED the first book, died waiting for the second... and then it all went downhill. I was very disappointed. 

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

I didnt really like the series of unfortunate events to much either...

Or the Golden Compass books, i couldnt really get into them for some reason

----------------------------------------------
Frequent Contributor
bananasandGREENink
0 Kudos

hmm... are we talking worst series or most boring series here?

"Painting the roses red, and then a tear we'll shed. Because we know they'll seize to grow. Infact they'll soon be dead. And yet we go ahead, painting the roses red! Painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red.
*love alice in wonderland*
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

mine was more towards boring...

Frequent Contributor
bananasandGREENink
0 Kudos

lol

most boring:little house on the prarie (haha yeah... those may have not been boring when i read them in elementary school but now..... )

worst after popularity: twilight

and yeah bookrooted... i love your signature

"Painting the roses red, and then a tear we'll shed. Because we know they'll seize to grow. Infact they'll soon be dead. And yet we go ahead, painting the roses red! Painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red.
*love alice in wonderland*
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i agree Twilight went downhill since the movie

&&thank you i like yours too(:

when i read it it was sort of like a song haha that was random ;]

New User
EMWGirl
0 Kudos

Are you kidding The Inheritance Cycle are the best books ever

Contributor
bruhaha
0 Kudos

bro inheritance is not cool

Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

I agreed. I read the first few chapters and after that I couldn't read it anymore

Frequent Contributor
lev924
0 Kudos

inheritance is amazing best series ever! EPICNESS

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

We had to read part of Great Expectations my freshman year in high school.  I HATED it!  I'm sure that if I read it today (many years later), I would react differently, but at the time I just could not deal with the way it dragged on and on and on, one boring, oddly-named character after another -- UGH!   

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

Jefferson_Thomas wrote:

We had to read part of Great Expectations my freshman year in high school.  I HATED it!  I'm sure that if I read it today (many years later), I would react differently, but at the time I just could not deal with the way it dragged on and on and on, one boring, oddly-named character after another -- UGH!   

OMG, I put my answer in the wrong place -- the above was supposed to go in Worst BOOK ever, not Worst SERIES ever!!

That's it -- I'm officially senile!  :smileyvery-happy:  

Correspondent
wheezie
0 Kudos

Lauren Kate's Fallen Series.

Boredomville, party of 1.

Frequent Contributor
----SOBBY_love---
0 Kudos

I liked Eragon but then again I first read it when I was eleven and I'm a fantasy fan. Though after that he lets the other books drag on which is really annoying. 

Twilight just killed itself. I read the first three about a year before the craze (or maybe right before, right after eclipse came out). I was so excited for Breaking Dawn, and then I read it. I hated it. That book ruined the series for me.

Um, glimmerglass was awful. THe first chapter was pretty good and then it just went downhill from there. 

Tiger's Curse was one of the worst books I have read in the last year. With all of its hype I thought it was going to be great; it wasn't.