Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Would you rather?

• Be eaten by a polar bear

Or

• Be eaten by an anaconda

I know this is random but me and my friend are kinda having an arguement about this. One minute we are talking about being eaten alive and which one would be better and the next thing we know the whole class, including the teacher, is in on the arguemnet!

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Re: Would you rather?

Eaten by a polar bear.

Would you rather....

Have to copy down every word in the dictionary by hand

Or

Have to watch all Arnold Schowatzanager (sp)  movies.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Have to watch all Arnold Schowatzanager (sp)  movies.

Would you rather...

Have to bathe in pee

OR

chew gum that has been stuck to a gym's floor for a year

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

polar bear.

movies.

chew gum.

and i love the fact that everyone
INCluding the teacher got into it....love dissusions about interesting topics...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Polar Bear

Movie

Gum

Live in Golbi Dessert for the rest of your life

OR

Live in Antartica for the rest of your life

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Antartica, I like the cold.

Would you rather...

Never have books for the rest of your life

OR

Never eat for the rest of your life.

(I would pick the no food.)

Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Um, BOOKS?!? Think of what it would be like to die a slow death, only listening to the sounds of your own stomach rumbling.

Would you rather...

Only listen to music?

OR

Only watch TV?

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

No Tv. I love music wayyyyyy too much!

Would you rather have to listen to Kid Rock for the rest of your life

OR

Have to dance with A monkey for the rest of your life?

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Lol, I'm pathetic about books like that.

I'd pick music cuz I can't live without it.

Would you rather...

Swim in much

OR

Swim in oil

(probably much for my cuz oil might be dangerous.)

Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Well an andaconda because it'll kill me before it eats or at least tranqu. me unlike a bear who will eat you while your screaming and runing while they tare a chunk out of my back during my get away.

?Would you rather be baried alive or drown to death? 

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

Drown. It doesnt hurt. To be buried alive *shivers remembering the story of bloody mary* hahaha jk.

Wonderland

or

Neverland?

(Neverland for me with out a doubt)

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

definatley Wonderland! haha

hmmn.. would you rather..

go to hogwarts

or

camp half blood?

((yikes .. i couldnt decide.. haha :smileyvery-happy: oho but if i went to camp half blood.. then i could finally met rachel...hahaha.. *insert wicked laugh* .. lol ima kidding.. not that evil am i .. nope.. :smileyvery-happy:))

"We could do pizza."
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Notjustphysical wrote:

Well an andaconda because it'll kill me before it eats or at least tranqu. me unlike a bear who will eat you while your screaming and runing while they tare a chunk out of my back during my get away.

?Would you rather be baried alive or drown to death? 

Thank you! someone finally agrees with me!

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

put like that, an anaconda

tb wins...barely

and no food it looks like...lol

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"