Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

Re: Write a review of Breaking Dawn

Like Bella23, i couldn't put the book down, but i don't kno guys. there was something missing. it's really sad to see the mixed reviews for breaking dawn because everyone absolutely loved the first three, and i just have to agree with the bad reviews. it was sort of a mess like foreverpurity said. in fact i couldn't put it better myself-- "Breaking Dawn was like a fanfic spawned from hell mixed with a soap oprea on crack." i mean when i first read the back of twilight i was like hell no; i am not reading a book about vampires cuz i was worried it was going to be dark and sleazy and sex-crazed, but my friend managed to convince me to read it, and i loved it because it felt so real. it was the perfect mix of danger, romance, and light-hearted teen issues. breaking dawn was a little twisted and dark, and it was so obviously written by an imagination gone out of control. if jake's part hadn't been there, i don't kno if i could have read it. he was really the only sane person in the entire book. edward and bella were too sappy and the gory descriptions of her giving birth were ridiculous. and i guess it was a little predictable too; i knew jake was going to imprint and that bella was going to change into a vampire. the only surprise was nessie, but that was a pleasant surprise so i did like that. but like Tappin-toes i felt like the characters weren't the same, with the exception of jake. i really didn't want bella to change. i liked how human she was; that's what made her relationship with edward funny.

finally am i the only who cannot stand the Volturi-- i was soooo irritated with that whole part. it was a pretty badd ending. i wish she had done an epilogue like the 7th harry potter. i wish i got to know if the volturi was defeated by the cullen family or what happens with nessie and jake.

so i'm really sad, because i will always love twilight, but it's disappointing that breaking dawn did not live up to the other books. by no means was it a bad book, but it was not nearly as amazing as twilight, new moon, and eclipse.  

Contributor
Frogtat13
0 Kudos

I finished the book in two days. I completely agree that I don't think the series is done telling its story. I would love to see Stephenie continue. I also thought "Breaking Dawn" was totally different from the other three books but I thought that it needed to be that way so that it could evolve. All the twists were unbelievable. I couldn't believe everything that happened but I took the bad with the good and continued to turn the page. I realize that writers get tired writing about one subject continously, but the story isn't over. I implore everyone who loves the "Twilight" series to make it known that Bella, Edward, Jacob and all the other wonderful characters are not finished!!!!! Write blogs, emails, letters, or shout it from the roof tops.
Contributor
B3TT3R_DAYS
0 Kudos

i loved it. it was a great ending for bella although i wished they showed the couple in a couple hundred years or something.

Edward-  "I hear voices in my mind and you're woried that you're the freak."
Frequent Contributor
twilighter814
0 Kudos

I thought this book was a fantastic ending for the Twilight Saga. It kept me reading for soo long. I started reading it when i got it from the midnight release till 8 in the morning. It pulls you in and you feel like you are a character in the book. Breaking Dawn had many unexpected twists. I loved this book and i finished it in 2 days! i am already rereading it and i sooo can't wait for Midnight Sun!
Mrs. Cullen
Contributor
lizberetta
0 Kudos

purey predictable, i wanted to stop reading after a while but i wanted to know wut happened. wel i wuz a bit surprised that bella was pregnant, but it wuz kinda freaky how reneesme was born. also the fact that jacob imprinted on her was totally predictable i mean he would either die tryin to kill reneesme or imprint on her, it was the only way that he would forget bella and leave edward and her be. plus people wouldnt like jacob dead so he had to be preoccupied with reneesme. plus there was no action, i was hoping for the volturi to fight and all but nothing happened, just a detour that sucked it up.i expected so much more and was left with nothing, anyway i hope that she can try to do much better the next time with midnightsun. anyway the host was mcuhmore entertaining and without jacob the book wouldve died, his pov kept me going.bellas tranformation to a perfect vampire took away her past life when she had trouble with balance and always fell and stuff, it seemed more human to me that way;but anywayeveryone has different pov's and this ones mine.
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

lizberetta wrote: 
. . . plus there was no action, i was hoping for the volturi to fight and all but nothing happened, just a detour that sucked it up.i expected so much more and was left with nothing, anyway i hope that she can try to do much better the next time with midnightsun. anyway the host was mcuhmore entertaining and without jacob the book wouldve died, his pov kept me going.bellas tranformation to a perfect vampire took away her past life when she had trouble with balance and always fell and stuff, it seemed more human to me that way;but anywayeveryone has different pov's and this ones mine.

wow u took the words RIGHT out of my mouth-- where was the big smackdown with the volturi. that was such a waste of about 100 pages, and jacob definitely kept the book alive. the only smart thing meyer did was write part 2. part 1 and 3 were killer boring and strange. and i totally agree with u about the bella thing; i didn't like her character as a vampire. balance and perfection are just not bella.

New User
ForeverPurity
0 Kudos

One: teamjacob, I love you. XD

For quoting me at the top of the page. XD anyways.... yeah, SERIOUSLY. WHERE IN GODS NAME WAS THAT FIGHT?!

D: I couldn't get through the last nine chapters because it couldn't keep my ADD at bay like the last three. I think I just want Midnight Sun now.......

And yeah, I agree with the Jacob stuff. I think if he hadn't been there, I wouldn't have lost so much sleep. D:

Roasalie vs. Jacob = funny as hell.

So far, not so good. D:
Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

teamjacob wrote:

lizberetta wrote: 
. . . plus there was no action, i was hoping for the volturi to fight and all but nothing happened, just a detour that sucked it up.i expected so much more and was left with nothing, anyway i hope that she can try to do much better the next time with midnightsun. anyway the host was mcuhmore entertaining and without jacob the book wouldve died, his pov kept me going.bellas tranformation to a perfect vampire took away her past life when she had trouble with balance and always fell and stuff, it seemed more human to me that way;but anywayeveryone has different pov's and this ones mine.

wow u took the words RIGHT out of my mouth-- where was the big smackdown with the volturi. that was such a waste of about 100 pages, and jacob definitely kept the book alive. the only smart thing meyer did was write part 2. part 1 and 3 were killer boring and strange. and i totally agree with u about the bella thing; i didn't like her character as a vampire. balance and perfection are just not bella.

I so totally agree with you I didnt care for bella Vamped out and all she needed to be a horrible Vamp falling and what not.. tripping over her own feet, i dont know biting random people or what not but not this bella is all good and gracefull hahaha, i actually loved the book but hated it at the same time... I was really hoping for a big fight some hardcore action you know, i mean bella kicked butt on the whole shield thing but man how about a lil conflict of somekind... i love rose and jake fighting it was hilarious... the random blonde jokes... Weird there was not much from bellas friends in the book like mike and what not.. the wedding went a lil fast.... the only thing i really missed in the book was the strong bond that jake and bella had in the last 2books i really missed that... over all great book

TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

yeah i agree; i missed the bond with bella and jake, too. the imprinting thing seemed like kind of a cop-out. meyer knew her edward fans would revolt if anything more happened between bella and jake so she took the easy way out. it irritated me that jake's strong feelings for her just disappeared-- sort of lame. it was pretty predictable cuz we were all expecting him to imprint. the only surprise was who he imprinted on.

and i missed bella's friends too! i was really hoping that mike would accidentally find out! that would have been funny. i was grateful for all the blonde jokes, jake's chapter titles, and emmett' innuendos; at least they provided some comic relief. still, the book was too serious even with those things.

Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

Its like he loved her and then nothing (its like what the hell jacob) hahaha, I mean dont get me wrong I am all for edward, but secretly i wanted her to cheat on him and go for jacob hahaha... i know everyone else wanted that too... only in our minds and ways of the story will that happen hehehe.... the imprinting was crazy... kinda scary having a 3month old talking lol and jacob just like what stopped loving bella blah makes me frustrated.... she was not prego at the wedding so why did it all change.... i mean think about it down the rode he goes and tells lil nessie oh yah i was in love with your mom and wanted to kill your father hahaha... lovely relationship that will be i hope she well write jacob and nessies story... think it would be cool or i would love to hear about the other couples stories like rose and em or jasper and alice.... one can only hope

TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Contributor
goodygirl_93
0 Kudos

I agree with you ForeverPurity this book failed. Breaking Dawn really didn't come up to my expectations it was horrible and I hope the movie turns out better. Breaking dawn was soo much drama like blah blah blah and like a soap opera. When I first read about Bella being pregant I was like this chick is crazy suffering like that if I had a little monster growing in my tum tum I will kill that thing but it did turn out to be good. Also when I first read that Jacob had a part in the book I was like wtf and he wasn't even doing anything important like running around and being like Bella's Dying I don't think she should have put his story in it was nothing important. Jacob imprinting that was nasty, disgusting and freaky come on you guys what if it was your kid even though it is fiction. I do wish that there was a fight in the story like that was unfinished what if they do come back you don't know.Twilight was the best out of all the series and I think that will only be the book I will ever read by SM and Breaking Dawn seems soo unfinish and soo many questions unanswered I don't think I will buy Edward version I hope she doesn't come out with Jacob and Bella child imprint. Jacob fine someone your own age?

I am really disappointed about this book?

Chelsea

New User
ForeverPurity
0 Kudos

And COME ON!

Edward calling Jacob his SON?! when not even TWO years ago they wanted to rip each other apart?

Someone, please, save me from the misery that is this BOOK!

The good news here is there there wasn't 10+ unnessacery death like another certain book that I know... *cough*harrypotterandthedeathlyhallows*cough*

So far, not so good. D:
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

i don't think the imprinting is gross; jake will basically be whatever nessie needs him to be. if she wants a friend only it'll stay that way, but odds are she'll end up falling in love with him. i do agree that it was annoying that all his intense love for bella disappeared; what was the point of new moon and eclipse then??

forever purity i completely agree. i thot i was going to barf when edward called jake his son. it was so incredibly corny. it was nice that they were getting along, but pleaseee; i liked it when they were a little mean to each other.

o and yeahh, i'll never kno why jk rowling felt it necessary to kill off so many characters. still she completed her series a lot better than meyer did. at least it lived up to the "epicness" of the other books. breaking dawn wasn't even close. 

Frequent Contributor
twilightislove
0 Kudos

if you wanted a love story in breaking dawn you wont get it

maybe between bella & the stupid baby.. but not bella and edward

i have mixed feelings. liked up to the honeymoon after that it went downhill

it felt wierd to read it didnt feel like the other books that i fell in love with

it was OK. def not my favorite

" its about time somebody scored around here"
-emmett
xoxo
Reader 2
ghadoodah92
0 Kudos

ok so everyone is talking about how breaking dawn didnt live up to their "expectation". will think about it, after what SM did with the first 3 books everyones expectations kinda went in their own direction and maybe what we expected wasnt what SM had in mind. i mean other than that the book was pretty predictable and SM knew she had to switch things up a little bit.  the wedding we all expected and withthat would come edwards "promise" to bella, and of course we couldnt deny the fact the bella's vampirization was 3.5% away from becoming final. no one expected nessie. and as far as jacob imprinin on her goes, that worked out nicely in my pov even if i didnt see that till later on in the book. the feelings jacob had for ella were tearing him apart and that hurt bella and bella hurting, will of course have its effect on edward. and like jacob said it was meant tobe. she said herself that belonged in each others lives and that it will work out of him. and jacob and bella's feelings for each other dissappeared for each other after nessie was born because her "need" for him.. well that was nessie. and his need for her was nessie as well..even if nessie wasnt even on anyones mind. its just fate i guess.

as far as what i think about breaking dawn, i thought it was an ok book. its not that SM decided to change her skills on us now.. its just because that there was DEFINATLY also of editing in the book. that would explain the "unanswered" questions. i feel like the book even if it was 754 pages, wasnt long enough.. does that make sense? i feel like with all the issues that were talked about, she shouldve took her time resolving all them... not wraping each on up as quickly as it started.. that just left me like..wtf?

Frequent Contributor
AbsolutePirateVampyre
0 Kudos

I have no idea how long it took me to read it. I know that I got it about 1pm and finished it about 1 in the morning but I had a party that lasted about 2 hrs. The first half with the baby and all I was shaking through. I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next.When Bella wanted to se Renesmee after she was a vampire, the moment Jacob got protective I knew he had imprinted. The whole thing against the Volturi I wasn't really expecting but I'm glad it happened. They needed to be shaken a bit. Absolutely Fabulous book.

Favorite line

"They're back," Rosalie said...

"Keep him out of here!"(Alice)

"He won't cross you today," Rosalie reassured her. "He vaues his life too much."

Awesometastic ^ =.= ^
Frequent Contributor
krazy4twilight
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I totally

L.

O.

V.

E.

D.

it!!!!

If I had to rate this book 1-10, it would be....

1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ext........

Okay fine if I REALLY had to rate 1-10 it would..Duh

TEN stars all the way!!!

Well, make that the WHOLE SERIES 10 STARS....

I don't know why people are baggin on Stephenie, she did really good.

You have to give her some credit, can you write a book over 700 pages??

Huh? Can you?

It cant get any better then how this book end...

I forgot who said this, but Stephenie gave Bella everything. Nessie, Edward, and Jacobs happiness!

Best of all.......

(*&^%$#!~SPOLIER ~!@#$%^&*)  

SHE FINALLY GOT BITTEN!!!!!!!!

TOTALLY RAD!!!

Message Edited by krazy4twilight on 08-10-2008 03:27 PM
Being Normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must feel.
Frequent Contributor
Jamrawq1818
0 Kudos

Breaking Dawn was maraculous It was all that I thought it would be

This book took yu through so much

It made yu happy it made yu cry...

I hated jacob but now I apprciated him I see him in a whole new light.

I was never disappointed with this book. I felt like I was there with bella in all her thoughts & tough times

This book  is great nd i recommend it tu everyone!

JaMraWq
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

i LOVE it!!!!!!! i have 2 say that im still curious on how things r going 2 turn out w/ jake and nessie, and kate and Garrett, and how bella going 2 say 2 charlie next,and who r the others wolves. there r still so much more 2 b written, there should b a 5th book 2 the series. i do like jake more in BD , he turn completely differ when he imprinted.
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
Isabella802
0 Kudos

HEY HEY
ISABELLA 802