Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
bookgirl205
0 Kudos

Re: Write a review of Breaking Dawn

This book was great!

Go SM

BOOKGIRL!:smileyvery-happy:

Im with the vampires of course.... Bella Swan
Contributor
alyssasal
0 Kudos

i LOVED jacobs perspective soooo funny i loved the preface: Life sucks, and then you die. Yeah, I should be so lucky) i thought that was frekin hilarious and. The sex parts welll really bella can u get any MORE desperate to get knocked up????(not that she excepcted to get preganent but still) and i hated that the romance had to die after the wedding espically after nessie was born but i guess the whole mother-daughter bond was kinda sweet..... i guess..... but we really NEEDED more edward after the nessie was born. And the child being born was WAY 2 violent i dont think i needed ALLL those details or any 4 dat matter... Speaking of Nessie, I cant BELIEVE Jacob IMPRINTED on EDWARD and Bellas daughter in other word: the vampire he hated to death and REALLY wanted to kill and the girl he was completly in love withs daughter a half VAMPIRE daughter, by vampires i mean his BIGGEST enemies and the girl he wanted!!!! But 1 thing came good for me after this book i realized my love 4 emmet and paul and Felix alll hilarious 2 me welll i guess  Felix was just cool 2 me!!!!! any way bascially i think breaking dawn was wayyyyy to violent sex involved and no-romancy!!!! but i guess it was still really good BUT i loved eclipse it was better than the rest the love triangular that sooo sadly ended in breaking dawn was my favoirite part of eclipse
Contributor
B3TT3R_DAYS
0 Kudos

i liked the book but it was lacking in action. what stephanie meyer should do is write anouther book from bella's pov in the future. when renesmee's all grown up and we get to see how the renesmee jacob thing worked out. but the main theme of the story should be overthrowing the volturis/ vultoris (i don't remember how to spell it).
New User
shukri
0 Kudos

Hi,

everyone I know seems really disappointed with breaking dawn and so do a lot of people here. I was really surprised because I thought it was one of the best final installments of a series I've read. I certainly thought it was a lot better then the final Harry potter book.

A lot of people seem to feel that the end was really anticlimactic. I'm so thankful it was anticlimactic. Thankfully Stephenie Meyer could think of some way to finish of the series that wasn't the cliche apocalyptic giant battle sequence. I was actually really disappointed that Harry Potter ended that way. Its not that its such a bad plot line, it just feels cliche and overused. Stephenie's ending was way more original.

I've also heard a lot of people saying that not enough people died. For me "they all lived happily ever after" seems completely appropriate. The book is essentially a fairytale. A beautiful, gripping, teenage fairytale perhaps; but if you want a realistic portrait of human suffering you should probably not be reading a book about vampires. Also, like the giant battle, killing off half the characters and saying "looking at the sacrifice we had to make to get here" is getting a little stale.

Anyway I know I probably won't convince many people but I just felt like I had to stick up for the book somewhere.

I love ALL the twilight series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

"And they all lived happily ever after" is probably the most cliche ending possible . . .

I don't think people should have died, but what was the point of bringing the volturi in and having no action. it was such a waste of 200-some pages.

New User
threegraces
0 Kudos

I am a bit disappointed! After the first three books, this book was just sub par...

WOW! It started out fairly dull... the chapter where they tell Charlie, should have been more tense...but it fell flat. Then when she tells Renee... I could get that they are two separate people, but no one ever once tried to talk her out of it... Modern day parents are all about kids getting jobs and going to college, not getting married straight out of High School.

I did feel that the honemoon chapters were a bit drawn out. There was too much... and okay so she got pregnant... yes it was a surprise... and I did get sucked into that... and reading, but when Jacob came back, I was back into being disappointed... Imprinting on Renesmee? And what is up with that name? I get that it is a combination name but couldnt Carlie have been the first name? really??? what was she thinking?

The biggest disappointment that I had with this book was that the scenes with the Volturri were so condensed. And not in a good way. The action was so rushed and hurried. She builds up to the epic battle with Aro Caius and Marcus and nothing happens! No one gets hurt except Irina and that was not even climactic.

Oh! and what is this? "Good Bye, Jacob...My Brother...My son???" What kind of cheese is this??? This ONE line made me want to shut the book!

all in all there was to much in this book...the wedding, honeymoon baby drama and then the volturri... The natural flow of the series should have been wedding, honeymoon, volturri.... throw the baby in at the end...for good measure... I mean... I can understand as an author this was her vision, her idea of how Bella and Edward ended... But... I was still disappointed that it was not nearly as great at Twilight, New Moon or Eclipse.

again, substandard. Not her best work.

New User
threegraces
0 Kudos

I have complete faith that she will surprise us yet again with Midnight Sun, or something new altogether!

Still a big fan!

Contributor
jacobblackXD
0 Kudos

I thought that Breaking Dawn was a complete dissapointment..to be honest. It was all over the place. She could have done a much better job with it. And it was way too sexual for me, espically in certain parts. It took me a long time to get really interested in the book. I thought that it was sort of soap opera-ish, the way that Jacob imprinted on Nessie and everything. And some parts of the book were just ridiculous. Like when Bella flipped out on Jacob for imprinting on Nessie and giving her Renessme the nickname of Nessie. I was like oh come on..how forced was that?? And I mean really what kind of name is Renessme...so lame. It should have been Carlie..which is much cuter.

Personally the Twilight saga should have just been three books...huge dissaponiment!! D: 

So the lion fell in love with the lamb...
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

hahaha i agree with jacobblackXD and theegraces. the book was way too sexual, dramatic, and cheesy. And the name renesmee is so stupidd. thank god jake gave her a nickname that wasn't such a mouthful. yep Stephenie Meyer should have stopped herself at eclipse. she obviously ran out of ideas.

i just started school today, and my friends and I were talking about Breaking Dawn and I was amazed that some of them said it was their favorite. i was like uhh we must have read two different books, because the Breaking Dawn I read was not even comparable to Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse.

New User
ash_bandicoot
0 Kudos

review

It's the best book out of all 4 books. It's absolutely amazing!!!!!! I love it!!!!!
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

Re: review

i think sm did i fantastic job of making the book i think all the people bashing her should try to write the last book over. i loved it but i might have liked a little more action i loved the part of nessie made the book more dramatic i think.

best book by far!!!!

I promise to love you forever, every single day forever, will you marry me? - Edward

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
New User
Clementine
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This got to be the worse Book I've ever read in my life, and believe me I've read some.

I liked the first 3 book they were a sort of guilty pleasure, Stephanie is a bit Barbara Cartland for my  taste, her ideals a bit questionable, but it was an engaging story. Bella was in love for the first time love makes us do foolish things.

SPOILERS ALERT

But Jesus, suddenly she turns from a clumsy teenager into a women that begs her Husband for sex, how the hell did that happen? And then she gets pregnant by a VAMPIRE, that by nature is dead. How can something that is dead can create life is a mystery that not even Stephanie can explain. She breaks her own rules.

The anti-abortion moral lesson in this books is sickening, this miracle baby is  killing her, breaking her ribs an all, but Bella that a few months ago only tought about how perfect Edward was and did not even care about children much, now prefers to die than kill the "thing". Well she would have "died" if she wasn't such a Mary Sue, so do not follow her example children!

How how "Ghetto fabulous" this babie's name is? There is glamour model in the UK called Jordan that did exactly the same thing, she called her child Princess Tiaamii, the logic of the name was exactly the same as in the book, I wonder if Stepahnie reads Uk's trash mags for ideas.

And if it was not bad enough the child has a name that can send her straight to the trailer park, she gets "imprinted" by a grown man that just has to wait a couple of year to sleep with her. Creepy? i thought so.

And the stupid things go on and on and on, Edward poor thing in this book is as erotic as a midweek trip by coach to visit your grandparents, I have to give Stephanie credit he does sound like he lived a century,and without sex on top of it.

Did ANY editor read this book?How can an editor explain the "Libishomen"?Did they ever heard about research? There is no SUCH THING as "libishomen" in the portuguese language. I should Know I'm portuguese. What she meant was lobisomem, and that is a classic werewolf.

LOBO=WOLF\ HOMEM=MAN

The lobisomen It's a very popular myth in Brasil about a Man that turns into a wolf in the full moon and shifts back when the cock crows. And no he's not beautiful and he's not looking for sex, he may want to bite you and kill you but that's it, he certainly does not want to sleep with you.

I wonder how are they going to fix things in the portuguese translation, People would laugh in her face if they included such wide spread myth with totally the wrong meaning,

It's just bad bad bad is has no redemming quality,in the end Bella gets everything she wanted,destroying centuries if feminism in the process but who cares she even looks like a supermodel. Isn't life wonderful!

Message Edited by Clementine on 08-27-2008 12:06 PM
Frequent Contributor
BellaCullen44
0 Kudos

I think that Breaking Dawn was amazing.It keeps you guessing on what's going to happen next.It's also full of unexpected twists and turns.I highly suggest this book and the whole twilight series to anyone looking for a great book series to read.
I Love Edward Cullen! Sparkle Sparkle.

Dear Jacob.I Win.Sincerly,Edward
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

i really enjoyed the book although i gotta admit the nessie and jacob thing did get to me i mean he was like supposed to be in love with bella and he just got over her lyk that and then fell in love with her daughter!, but i have a feeling stephanie knows exacly what shes doing because now shes got us gagging to want to find out what happenes next with nessie and jacob so i think we should give her more credit after all she was the one that came up with the dream that started it all of, she knows whats best lets hope she makes another book!
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

i just finished it for the third time last night and i love it.

sure there are moments were i wish a few things were changed.

but overall i love it.

i grew a tolerance for jacob that i thought i would never have..

then i just wanted to kill him again.

but overall...it is not my favorite in the series. like other series

aka harry potter

the first will alway be the best and my favorite.

i like the name renesemee. it is adorable.

and perfect and unique.

i loved the first book. i lvoe the wedding.

the honeymoon. all of it right there.

and alice...i love alice.

ehh. to jacobs POV. its jake. i will never love him.

but over all...he surprised me and i grew to

apreciate his presence.

but then he lost it the minute he imprinted.

well..i was happy taht he imprinted...

but i totally thought leah has already imprinted on him.

but that description is awesome. love it..

i loved bella becoming a vampire.

i loved the "you've been holding out on me" section.

i love it all.

i love this book.

it was the only way for it to end.

if it was different it would have all been wrong.

go STEPH!

it was absolutely dazzling and perfect.

just like edward.

haha.

but seriously...i do agree about the "happily ever after" being cliched.

but its a cliched love.

and cliches are awesome.

i lvoe them.

i love edward

i love this book.

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.
Contributor
yvonne93sd
0 Kudos

Well the book is OKAY but Stephenie could have done better work, because Twilight really was great and Eclipse, those are my two favorites. Breaking Dawn could have been better but its actually good work, but could have been better. I like the ending. but WTF w/ the vulturis and ahh.. really like a soap opera.. but what the heck. i read it and i love all the books

:smileyhappy:

Someone here had read generation dead? Please i want to read it but i don't have the ebook xD and im not going to sandiego till next week :smileywink: 

Contributor
Manda22
0 Kudos

I absolutely loved the book. I thought that it was a perfect way to wrap the story up, but it still left you feeling like the story could continue on with Bella's new life as a vampire. When I first thought of what could happen in Breaking Dawn of course I felt Bella would get turned into a vampire but i never thought that she would have a child or that Jacob would have such a big role in this final installment. I was glad to see that he finally imprinted as well. There was no one else I could see him imprinting with besides Renesmee because she is the closest thing he could get to Bella. This story really turned into something even better than I was expecting. The way all of the characters developed helped create a great piece of literature.
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

a great piece of literature . . . obviously we read two different books. it was a disaster

Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

teamjacob?

I will never understand...

Breaking Dawn was the best!

second fave.

twilght being the first of course.

&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
mspotter
0 Kudos

I have to agree with a lot of people here. BD was dissapointing. it coudl have been because i was reading it w.out any sleep or food.. anyway twilight will always be my favorite.
"Live like you are at the bottom even if you are at the top." -Jonas Brothers