Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
killerkittybot
0 Kudos

Re: Write a review of Breaking Dawn

i hated it. i barely got past jacobs story
Frequent Contributor
teamjacob
0 Kudos

stefanie_kennedy2000 wrote:

teamjacob?

I will never understand...

Breaking Dawn was the best!

second fave.

twilght being the first of course.

because edward left
Contributor
Brown_eyed_gurl
0 Kudos

L-O-V-E-D I-T!!! Loved it, loved it loved it! It is my second fave!!

1)Twilight

2)Breaking Dawn

3)Eclipse

4)New Moon (only cuz Edward wasn't there for more than 100 pages.)

This was a very close decision

Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

I would just like to state... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just finished Breaking Dawn and I would like to state that it is the best book in the whole world. Yeah I really really dont understand why some people dont like this book. It is the best in the whole saga. I am really really extremely sad that the saga is finished and I will probably be greiving for months but I still I really dont understand why some people dont like it. And please dont message me telling me why you dont like it (dont exstiguish my natural high plz) but honestly it is the best book ever written, and I have read a lot of books. Well just wanted to get my opinion out there!!! I love this book and stephanie Meyer!!!

1. Breaking Dawn

2.Twilight

3.Eclipse

4. New Moon (but it was still really good, i just wished Edward was in it more)

www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Contributor
LizVanAllen
0 Kudos

breaking dawn was NOT what i was expecting at all. i never saw half of those things coming. but all in all it was a half way desent book. personally twilight was my favorite.
" I am not a lion, but i am a lions cub, and i have a lions heart. "
-Elizabeth l
Inspired Contributor
wbb_99
0 Kudos

I personally think that breaking dawn wasnt really that great. i mean it was ok but not at all wat i expected! I think it could have been better!
"Your awfully small to be so hugely irritating"
-Edward
New User
vampireluv08
0 Kudos

am in luv with it i was surpise how was the book. I get to kno jake better nd i was happy i was ever surpise what happened in the end of the book i really wished that she writes a other part
New User
vampireluv08
0 Kudos

i disagree with u . the  book was great and how she wrote it made me even like it more i think she write all the books gud there was nothing wrong with breaking dwan i probably don't get what am saying write now but am trying to see is the book was great like ever other book she wrote
Contributor
Pascal
0 Kudos

I dont believe I have ever read a book with a worse ending. Not that them all surviving is a bad thing but could Stephanie Meyer have given the book a more boring ending???

I read the books relatively quickly (all 4 in less then 2 weeks) but it took me most of that time to get through the last book and that was only because I needed to know how it ended. I thought it had such an anticlimax that I was devestated it ended that way.

I know that if there was a war it would be good vs evil and good would win but at least that would have made the story more interesting. as is the most climatic part of the whole book was Bella giving birth! wow... dramatic... *note the sarcasim...  If they are to go through and make every book a movie they will really need to go off the original and make something happen otherwise they will bust out with this one.

If I missed something or over looked something pls let me know because I really dont want to end this thinking badly of a series I came to love.

Inspired Contributor
wbb_99
0 Kudos

I agree with u! Don't get me wrong it was a good book, but most of the parts of the book were just so boring. I felt like i was never going 2 get done with it. I really wish Stephanie would have went more into the furture at the end of the book. She took too much time writing bout the battle. I thought i was never goin 2 get through it!
"Your awfully small to be so hugely irritating"
-Edward
Frequent Contributor
EdWaRd_JaCoB
0 Kudos

It was soooo good! I finished it 2 weeks after it came out and it was fantastic. Great way to end the saga. Stephenie Meyer is a very talented writer and I'm very sad she's done with the Twilight saga. Well, you know how Star Wars has 2 sagas? Well, maybe Stephenie Meyer will make a second saga about Jacob and Nessy (Renesmee). I give it a 10 out of 10.

I'm screaming, "I love you so...." But my thoughts you can't decode!
--"Decode" by Paramore
Frequent Contributor
EdWaRd_JaCoB
0 Kudos

Dang! You finished the rest in one day?!!!
--"Decode" by Paramore
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

my best friend who i forced to read it mostly read the 4 of them in 4 days and i bet could have read the 4 in 1 day but my friend who owned them only allowed u to have 1 of her books at a time!!
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Frequent Contributor
Bookworm650789
0 Kudos

I have mixed feelings about the book.

The BAD parts:

1. In the first 3 books, you really get to know Bella. Her character is very defined. In Breaking Dawn, that changes. Bella doesn't seem like Bella in the beginning. Though I have to admit, keeping Nessie is totally her.

2. She gets everthing she wants. There is NOTHING that she had to give up. The first 3 books were so realistic, even if it had mythological references in it. How she was and her choices could totally relate to real life. In real life, you can't get everything you want and more than you expected, like Bella did. Think about it, she got Nessie, which is not supposed to happen. She got to skip the newborn phase, again, not supposed to happen. She got to be a powerful vampire and be with edward but she got to keep Jacob and Charlie.

The GOOD parts:

1. Bella gets a happy ending. Edward and Bella get to be together as a family. All their struggles finally pay off. I kind of did want B & E to be happy in the end because after all they've been through, its horrible if they can't be happy.

2. Jacob gets a happy ending. I am not one of those people who hate Jacob. I just prefer Edward over Jacob for Bella. Even if I wanted B & E to end up together, I really didn't want Jacob to be kicked out in the street, abandoned. That would be sad. I'm glad Jacob got his happy ending with Nessie, even if I wish he didn't have to hurt Bella in the process. I'm glad Jacob gets to be with Bella like family.

3. I loved the part about Alice. I really didn't believe she abandoned everyone but I was growing worried at the end. The whole immortal child thing was a little random but I'm glad the conflict was solved without violence. Alice is one of my favorite characters and I'm glad she got to provide the solution. If there was a big fight, some of the Cullens or the werewolfs would have to die and I really didn't want that so I was glad with the ending.

Let books be your dining table,
And you shall be full of delights
Let them be your mattress
And you shall sleep restful nights.
~Author Unknown

A room without books is like a body without a soul
~ Cicero
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

yeah like you said if they didnt get a happy ending for all the struggles they went through that would be sad.

im glad everyone got what they wanted. i like happy endings :smileyhappy:

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
EdWaRd_JaCoB
0 Kudos

*gasps* harsh killerkittybot! I read the whole thing and it's great. Actually, I've read all four.
--"Decode" by Paramore
Frequent Contributor
Lindsey93
0 Kudos

I didn't like it... really. It took me a week. Argh. All the others took 1-2 days. It was just sooo boring.
That rebel moon is shinin' Those stars burn like diamonds
Hell bent on chasin' down that crazy spark
I'll follow you where you're leading
To the first sweet taste of freedom
You got me runnin' baby,
Wild at heart
New User
mimiAC
0 Kudos

ok people say breaking dawn was awesome but to tell  you the truth it wasnt that good . when i thought about the last book it was nothing like it what i read.

it had it good pionts but it wasnt was i though it would be

Frequent Contributor
BakingQueen
0 Kudos

don't like the story from jacobs point of view. its boring and no edward
Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

I LOVED IT! It was my favorite book out of the whole series!!!!!
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
And I will cling to our eternal Eclipse
Until the day of our Breaking Dawn
*** I'm with the vampires, of course. ***