New User
nickhockey

Re: Young Adult Romance Novels

you should definately read The Vampire Academy Series. there is 6 books and i absolutely love them even though i was getting tired of all the vampire books that had the same story line.

New User
YabaDoo

The series FALLEN BLOOD is really good so is The series THE WICKED WOODS, SAFE LANDING,BREATHLESS,my favorite series is MY BLOOD APPROVES. THE HOST by Stephanie Meyer is good but it takes a smart person to read it . I think its hard to comprehend but read it twice and u really get it The SUCKS TO BE ME is pretty good.... And THE SHORT SECOND IFE OF BREE TANNER is good .

New User
shortyx3

I am also a fan of romance books and I just finished a great one called The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan.  I have also wanted to read a book called Beautiful Creatures and its sequal Beautiful Darkness.  I hope this keeps you satisfied for a little while!

New User
Jen-Bug

I have to be honest I don't really read straight up romance books, though I have read both the Twilight series and the Luxe books. Most of what I read is rooted in gothic fantasy or historical fiction but there are lots of books I've read that I find romantic. I'd say to try Fallen by Lauren Kate or Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr.

Contributor
Livr

If you enjoyed reading the Luxe series I would recommend A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray!  I enjoy reading historical fiction and this series was very enjoyable!  Hope you like it!

New User
MajorBookWorm15

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is one of the best romantic books i've ever read... Check it out sometime

Reader
singingstar2116
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa

I think you should read Evernight, The Forest of Hands and Teeth, Immortal, and Shiver. There all really good :smileyhappy:

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Inspired Correspondent
bookluvr11

Perfect Chemistry  

Rules of Attraction  

Return to Paradise  

Leaving Paradise  

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy Series #1)  

Frostbite (Vampire Academy Series #2)  

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy Series #3)  

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy Series #4)  

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy Series #5)  

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy Series #6)  

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
New User
bjcecejay3
0 Kudos

hi everyone im new on here. well i have been wanting to read something so bad for a few months now but my problem is i dont like to read unless the book can catch and hold my attion or i wont read it and if i start reading it i wount finish it. so i need some sugestions on what i can read. i like romance and mystery and true storys.

Contributor
SmallTomatoes
0 Kudos

If you are looking to take a break from the supernatural angle, but still want something edgy, you might try our new title. It's the story about a young man, told from the time he's quite young, but focuses heavily on his teenage years and his best-friend, later girlfriend. Please take a closer look here:

Being Emelle 

New User
ivyscharacters
0 Kudos

the first two books in the evernight series are pretty good but after that they lose a little something. the vampire academy series is my favorite series; it has so many good qualities and morals without being a classic vampire "i vant to suck your blood!" crap. the host is hard to get into because it is kind of confusing at first but if you like a struggling protagonist with hard decisions and betrayals than you will like it. and yes that is more of an adult book. the mortal instruments series (city of bones, city of ashes, city of glass) is excellent and i think a new book in the series is coming out called city of angels. dont even bother with blue bloods series, it's crap. i stopped after the third book and i think it has like six books in the series and more are being written for it. the first and second books in the vampire diaries series are great and the television series does not do it justice but it gets way too fantasy by the third book, bringing in attacking leeches, enchanted snow globes, butterfly humans, chinese-fox people, alternate dimensions... if you like that kind of thing go ahead and read it but otherwise don't bother. deadly little secrets is actually a series and it is pretty good. the writing is kind of elementary but it has a great plot and unique ideas that make the series suspensful and mysterious. the vampire kisses series is fun to read and i loved the characters. at some points you just want to yell at the main character, raven, for her antics but you'll love the outcomes and her friends' support. the secret circle series is romantic and dramatic and it was cool to see the changes in the main character. the night world series is fabulous and l.j. smith does great making each charcter real.

B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

I just reviewed Anna and the French Kiss  on my blog this weekend.  We get to watch Anna and Etienne fall in love throughout the year and slowly go from friends, to something more.

It was gorgeous and well-written and I even loved all of the minor characters.

I'm dying to read the companion novel LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR this fall, and then the final companion book, ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER next year.

These books are SO GOOD.  I'm ashamed it took me almost a year to read this!

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
New User
kaylaanne
0 Kudos

BlissFoundEveryPage wrote:

Vacations From Hell

Love Is Hell

Pretty Little Devils

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Girl Stays In The Picture By Melissa De La Cruz

Blue Bloods By Melissa De La Cruz

Megan Meades Guide to the McGowan Boys

Fendi, Ferragamo, and Fangs

Oh. My. Gods

Guilty Pleasures By Laurell K Hamilton

Boys That Bite

Avalon High By Meg Cabot

Jinx By Meg Cabot

The Boys Next Door

The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren

Moonlight By Rachel Hawthorne 

Sookie Stackhouse Series 

I just happen to be looking through and my eyes caught on this if you are looking for YA (I don't know all the books listed) but DO NOT read Laurell K. Hamilton yeah the first few books in the Anita series are pretty good but they turn into erotica with threesomes... foursomes??? even beastiallity and you never end up with a good ending so i wish i'd never read them because it makes me so sad that the series turned that way.

Distinguished Correspondent
Whisperlynn
0 Kudos

The Luxe is my favorite series pretty much ever - here are some other historical romance books:

Bright Young Things - another series by Anna Godbersen

Vixen, & Ingenue, (Flappers series) - by Jillian Larkin

Timeless - Alexandra Monir

The Healer's Apprentice - Melanie Dickerson

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare (A prequel series to The Mortal Instruments, has a supernatural influence)

Unearthly - Cynthia Hand (Not historical, sort of supernatural romance series)

New User
Vicki-AnnBush
0 Kudos

Have you seen the novelette series I have on Amazon? Through the Door to Dusk and Waiting for Dusk are the first two in the series The Dusk Chronicles. It is a supernatural romance story.

New User
Vicki-AnnBush
0 Kudos

Through the Door to Dusk is also available on Barnes and Noble...

New User
Vicki-AnnBush
0 Kudos

If you enjoy Twilight than you might the novelette series The Dusk Chronicles. Through the Door to Dusk and Waiting for Dusk are available on Amazon and Through the Door to Dusk is also available on Barnes and Noble. It is a supernatural romance with mystery and intrigue.

Contributor
TheSeer
0 Kudos

ALL'S FAIR IN VANITIES WAR, Young Adult/Urban Fantasy (Book I The Seer's Seven Deadly Fairy Tales)  I'm The Seer, I've been through a lot, as a matter of fact, I made the ultimate sacrifice so I could tell this story. It's about my boyfriend Locke and his new flame, Keleigh, who I've been reborn to protect. You'll learn just how deep the fire of love truly burns.

New User
teen_reader8D
0 Kudos

Hello!!!! So from what it sounds like, you like paranormal, I started off reading Twilight too and I liked it, that's what sparked my interest. The first book after the Twilight series was a book written,now, by my FAVORITE AUTHOR!!!! Simone Elkeles. I have read all of her books and they are amazing in a similar (like they rock) sort of way without being the same kind of story. (my person favorite is perfect chemistry, the 1st book of the perfect chemistry novels.Don't even second guess it..just buy it! I reread her books. Another author who is truly amazing is Jennifer Echols. my favorite of her's is The boys next door and endless summer (a two book series) I am telling you, perfect teen romance..it isnt skimpy on the love part like other books, you actually see some romance through the book and not just at the end.. Good Luck!