Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Your Future?

I thought about this question a few days ago, but keep on forgetting to ask so here ya go =P:

what do you see yourself doing in the future? Or add least hope you are doing?

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

Re: Your Future?

Well this is a tough question for me because over the years I kept changing what I want to be. I use to want to be a teacher, then a doctor, then a writer, and maybe even a lawyer at some point in time. Now I am definitely wanting to study Food Science and become a Food scientist. I love to cook so hopefully this will work out. I don't think I want to change my mind any time soon.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

oooo... I have been freaking out about my future lately.

Here is my ideal future:

Graduate from high school with honors

Attend Yale with scholarship

Graduate from Yale with honors

Attend and graduate from Yale medical school

Complete my residency to become an anesthesiologist

Get married and raise a family while maintaining my career

How about you Lexie?

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well for me I would:

Go to Boston University and graduate there with honors

Go back and get my masters and PHD in English writing and archeology. Become a best-selling Author and world archeologist.

and then finally buy a big house near Salem, MA and maybe (hopefully) a condo in Athens and try to go there during the summer. Then start to travel the world.

Then finally get married and have a kid named either Bianca Lee or Jason Michael

Oh and buy a Husky that will be named Malady xD

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

LexieVamp wrote:

Well for me I would:

Go to Boston University and graduate there with honors

Go back and get my masters and PHD in English writing and archeology. Become a best-selling Author and world archeologist.

and then finally buy a big house near Salem, MA and maybe (hopefully) a condo in Athens and try to go there during the summer. Then start to travel the world.

Then finally get married and have a kid named either Bianca Lee or Jason Michael

Oh and buy a Husky that will be named Malady xD

nice!

I would like to live in either a condo or townhouse in Manhattan, preferably Upper East Side.

Ooo or maybe LA.

With a summer house in the Philippines by the beach.

Traveling sounds fun.

I completely forgot about pets!!! I want several dogs and horses. Now that I think about it maybe I shouldn't live in Manhattan. Instead, I'll live on one of those huge estates in upstate New York or Long Island so I could have horses. lol

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

be valedictorian at my highschool

spend the summer before college relaxing and making money

go to a great school. love to go to yale

graduate with honrs

major in psychology/history. minor in french

get a great job immediately after graduation

while working, get my masters

eventually become a distinguished college professor

travel around the world

make tons of money

have a family

this would be my dream...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Horses are aweomse! =D But I don't think I could ever keep one. My friend, Amanda has millions of horses and she rides them every day, but she has to work like 10 times harder then any kid in our class. For me it's hard to imagine having a horse and I can just picture my kid probably kicking the sh*t out of it so yeah no horses lol.

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

Your kid probably won't beat the crap out of the horse if he/she has been around horses for a while. :smileyvery-happy: I'll probably hire people to help me out with the horses because I will be a working mom. =]

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

I would like to live in a country.. with LOTS of horses..i don't care about the work..as long as i  have horses, i'm fine with it ... :smileyhappy: i've always been a city girl and i pretty much hate it..

I guess, I'd want to be a professional writer too, but i don't know if that's gonna happen..i mean no one in my family knows that I write.. and now that i think about it, i really don't want them to know.. lol..i'm weird, i know..

b00kwerm, i have a question, why would you want a summer house in the Philippines? Hve you ever been there?

just curious, sorry

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
fairydust285
0 Kudos

I have actually been thinking a lot about this lately. Since I've already graduated high school, (6 years ago already ugh...) I am thinking about going back to college. I had originally wanted to get a degree in English because that is my best subject, but with this lovely economy, I am thinking it's not the best idea. My sister has her Master's degree in English, and she works in a local tea shop because she cannot find any work. It is quite depressing, but English (reading and writing mostly) will always be my passion in life. I probably will be going back to school in the fall to pursue a nursing degree, and hopefully work in a children's hospital. I will always write in my spare time, and always be obsessed with YA lit..it is THE best!

As for a house-I already have that, and am working on stocking it full of animals! I have 2 dogs and 2 cats so far, but I really want chickens and rabbits. Horses wouldn't be bad if they weren't so expensive!! I work as a vet tech now, so my other passion is animals, and I know that will also never change. I really want to find a mutt puppy to rescue, but it has to be just the right one for me to take home.

Good luck to all of you! Always follow your dreams!

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

_mOonSeeKer_ wrote:

I would like to live in a country.. with LOTS of horses..i don't care about the work..as long as i  have horses, i'm fine with it ... :smileyhappy: i've always been a city girl and i pretty much hate it..

b00kwerm, i have a question, why would you want a summer house in the Philippines? Hve you ever been there?

just curious, sorry

I live in NYC, but in the suburbs. I would love to live on a big estate!!!But not in the country. too olonely for me.

About the Philippines, your question was prefectly valid . =] My family is Filipino, and we always go there. The beaches are freaking gorgeous!!!!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

for my future i would like to graduate college (which I am working on, i already graduated from HS) with a major in Criminal justice with a minor in Forensic science.  i want to be a CSI agent or a profiler.  i want to help people.  i always have i love helping people and trying to make their pain go away.  i also wanted to be a vet because i love animals.  i live in LA so i want to live in a place that is cooler.  or just a beach city.  i really like seattle or vancouver though so most likely those places.  i want a family not to many children and an awesome husband that loves me for me and not the person everyone wants me to be.  i also want to change the worlds stigma with mental illness.  i suffer from mental illness and i hate that people don't get to know me before they judge.  i want to have a normal life and not have to take meds or worry about other things.  thats just me though!

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

b00kwerm wrote:

I live in NYC, but in the suburbs. I would love to live on a big estate!!!But not in the country. too olonely for me.

About the Philippines, your question was prefectly valid . =] My family is Filipino, and we always go there. The beaches are freaking gorgeous!!!!

WHOA! that means ur a filipino too? great! :smileyhappy: 

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Correspondent
Tenrbe
0 Kudos

I just graduated from college last May with a BS in dental hygiene. I'm working as a hygienist part time and relaxing/doing lots of reading in my free time. I like it, but I can't see myself doing this for the rest of my life -- so I'm at a crossroads right now. I want to either go to dental school, go into public health, or maybe even become an instructor or teacher. Honestly, my dream would be to write a bestselling book one day, but I'm not sure if that'll happen lol.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Graduate high school with honors :smileytongue:

get a scholarship before than to Stanford or USC

major in English, and gheesh totally blanking out here, the one after Bachelor degree

it would be awesome to become a published author(:

or i've always loved movies, and i think it would be amazing to be a director or screenwriter.

sometime in between then (college and real career) i would like to raise a family and live in southern california, or in Europe for a bit, like London, Paris, and Athens.

----------------------------------------------
Correspondent
molie111
0 Kudos

ummmm. I will probably goto the university of Montana or UC Davis probably a community college first it will just be plain cheaper. I mostly want to move to Montana. I want to live in the country on say 100 acres of land far, far away from a city. A small town is all right though. As far as what I want to be... it will probably have to do with animals say a zoologist or vet or maybe wildlife bio.. somewhere in that area. yup.. I just hate living in the city. Oh, and I want a horse and dirt bikes. Last, my goal is to see all fifty states
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

I would like to go to Boston College, major in either english or psychology and minor in Irish Studies and in my junior year I would like to do a semester in Ireland.

after I graduate, I would like to become either an enlish teacher, guidance counselor, or maybe librarian, idk really, and i would like to keep teaching dance also.

i also really want a family and i would love to live in one of those huge old houses, because i think big houses now all look the same and have no character, i love those nice old houses.  I also would really like to have a beach house.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Graduate High School

Go to and graduate college

Get a good job (Teaching History of course!)

Sometime travel through Europe. Never been there.

That's all I got!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Reader
___Melissa___
0 Kudos

Gosh, I have too many ideas! 

I'm sure I change my mind daily. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm just hoping to find something I'll love...like everyone else lol.

Inspired Contributor
Heather_Lynn
0 Kudos

Even though I am technically suppose to be in a career...well...I'm not!!  HAHAHA!!  Too many road bumps along the way.  However, I plan to go back to college within the year and study to become an elementary teacher and look at the possibility of being an English or Math teacher.  Hopefully, in the Fall I can land a few substitute teaching jobs (once my two boys are in daycare/preschool).

I must say how proud it makes me to see all of your ambitions.  I wish you all success in all you do!!  Always keep your dreams close and never give up trying!

The Beatles White On Black Banner Pictures, Images and Photos