Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
wannabeaspy
0 Kudos

anybody who thinks that Cassandra Clare is the best author alive

she wrote the Mortal Instrument Series, and we are anxiously awaiting her new series the Clockwork Angel. She also is working on the last book in the Mortal Instruments, City of Fallen Angels...

Frequent Contributor
geekylurver
0 Kudos

Re: anybody who thinks that Cassandra Clare is the best author alive

I disagree..................................KIDDING! It's a really amazing series. I adore the characters. And for some reason I love Valentine he's a really great evil character.

Let the darkness take you in it's hold. Let him squeeze life out of you maybe next you'll learn not to be scared of him.
New User
IveFallen
0 Kudos

I loved the Mortal Instruments.  I thought the story line was great.  I read all four books in 4 days.  I was a zombie and couldn't put it down.  =) 

I love Jace and Clary.  I thought their love for each other was even stronger that of Edward and Bella for Twilight.  haha.  I was so happy when I found out that they were not brother and sister.  I can't wait for the 4th book.  Yay!

New User
athrunxcagalli
0 Kudos

Heck yeah I love her (in a fangirl way of course!)

I love all her books and I can't wait for Clockwork Angel and City of Falling Angels to come out!

I want it to be August already!!! XD

Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

I know I can't wait either!!!!

I love the Mortal Instruments series!!!

What really got me in it was the characters. They can be  so serious but also funny.

I laughed when Jace woke up and saw Magnus standing over him. And Jace asked,"What are you doing here?" and Manus reply,"Hey roomate".

I agreed. I was happy that Jace and Clara are brother and sister. My favorite part is in the City of Bones, when Jace and Clara celebrated her birthday.. 

What 's your favorite part in the series ?

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

everything!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

I like her books, but I really do not think she's the best author alive or anything. Can't wait for the next books.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

I agree, she is a very awesome writer, and i love how she can create the most witty and real life characters and put them in suspensful situations and spin them, without going overboard to where it doesnt make sense anymore; basically i just love how she writes ;]

----------------------------------------------
Contributor
Sawyer94
0 Kudos

Not the best author ever. J.K. Rowling will always be my favorite author, but I LOVE this series! All of my friends read it together and we are all obsessed with it.

fear is the heart of love
Frequent Contributor
zera17
0 Kudos

I love her!!! I could read that Seiries over and over again!!!!

Photobucket
Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Just started reading the other night. 

SPOILER

I am at the part where they have their first kiss and then are interupted by Simon during their second kiss.  Soooo good!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.