Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

books

heyy i am pretty new to the enjoyment of reading

(well ok that was like a year ago)

but im a slow reader so ive only read (almost)

3 series (maximum ride, house of night, twilight)

and the host

it depends on how much time i have to read

sometimes i finish the book in 2 days

(max ride 1, eclipse)

or a week or 2

(max ride 3,4, marked, betrayed, new moon, breaking dawn)

and the others even longer

sometimes a month

well anyway, i was wonderin if you could give me a

list of books/series i should read in order of best to

well not as good as the first haha

thanks bunches

-wolfy

lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
memento_mori1
0 Kudos

Re: books

Here are some of my favorite books/series-

1. This is the best series ever- The Mortal Instruments serie by Cassandra Clare

2.North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Hadley

3. The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper

4.Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund

5.The Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter

6.All of the Sarah Dessen books (The truth about forever and Along for the ride are my favorites though)

That's all i think of right no at this moment. Be back later though.

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Hey Twin :smileytongue:,

Here's some good books I've read,

The Mortal Instruments- Cassandra Clare

The Hunger Games- Suzzanne Collins

The Uglies, Pretties, Specials, and Extras- Scott Westerfeld

Night World Series- L.J Smith

Dark Visions- L.J Smith

Vampire Academy- Richelle Mead

The Mediator Series- Meg Cabot

I Have tons more but since you say your a slow reader....that's all I'll put if ya need more just ask :smileytongue:. They are kind of in order a little bit... not really but you should definetlely read the top 2 and the rest but ya....

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
KaylaNicole_MusicLover
0 Kudos

Well right now I am obsessed with the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I have finished the first two and am now reading the third, City of Glass. They are all really good and you should check them out!

New User
pagebender
0 Kudos

An awesome series is the Pennsylvania Dutch mysterys With  Reciepies by Tamar Myers. They are really funny and a quick read (about a little over 100 pages). The titles are funny like 'Too Many Crooks Spoiled the Broth' instead of the well-known saying 'Too many COOKS spoiled the broth'. The titles have to do food and they have real recepies inside! lol

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world!"
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

I also really recommend The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins becasuse it is so amazing that I can almost guarantee you will finish it within a few days lol.  The sequel is called Catching Fire, and the third and last book, Mockingjay, is coming out August 24.

Contributor
poise_and_poison
0 Kudos

I have recently discovered the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I cannot stop reading them. They are really quick, easy reads and definately are even somewhat educational ( they really jogged my memory about a lot of greek mythology that I had forgotten).

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

poise_and_poison wrote:

I have recently discovered the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I cannot stop reading them. They are really quick, easy reads and definately are even somewhat educational ( they really jogged my memory about a lot of greek mythology that I had forgotten).

Me too!!!  My cousin told me these books were a must read.  I was a bit skeptical because they're kinda for a younger audience, but I can't get enough.  And I absolutely love greek mythology, so its a win-win.  I'm on The Titan's Curse right now, and I can't put it down!

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos