Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
30sucks
0 Kudos

Re: breaking dawn theories

monday
Frequent Contributor
jeltmb
0 Kudos

FINALLY, someone who is with me (xeyedchick are you getting this?)  You have made my day!!  These are my thoughts about the mention of God throughout the 3 other books, and the reason why I thought of the book Sundays at Tiffanys.  It follows this plot line...mythical creature, in love with a human, human girl attends Darthmouth for college, he experiences human things that he never did before, talks to God...tho he doesn't talk back, becomes human, marries leading girl, and has a family in the end.  Now put this with the twilight books.  Mythical Edward, falls in love with a human girl, wants human girl to attend Darthmouth college, his human emotions/feeling are resurfacing, believes in God, and book 4 marries leading girl, god makes them human, able to live a life together...have a family...grow old, nice neat pretty bow of an ending.
Contributor
30sucks
0 Kudos

Great I'm not stretching to far if someone agrees / me

Thoughts on Jacob, I'm so team Edward, but Jacob s a major player in the book, so I defiantly think he will be back. The only guess I have on Jacob is Leah is going to play a much bigger role in BD

Frequent Contributor
jeltmb
0 Kudos

I think Jake has to return.  All I can theorize is from Midsummer Nights Dream (with all the chaos and love interests getting mixed up) is that some of that might happen.  So if Edward, Bella and Tanya get mixed up (maybe Alec's power? Voluri come to break up the Cullen family? don't know...) maybe Bella will bring Jake back for some assistance.  I think the character sketch that SM has made of Jake is such that if Bella needed him he would be there.  All the talk about not hurting Bella, stepping aside, and being her friend; not to mention, Edward is who she needs to be happy will be put to the test.  I think there is a reason for all that talk in the other books.  It will be a true test of Jakes love for Bella to bring Edward back.  Besides, the powers the Volturi collectively have won't work on Bella's mind (all that chaos) and Alice won't see Jake coming or see the outcome/future of the battle; they will be blind.  Did Alice show Aro (sp?) a true vision of the future?  Edward on one side of him and Alice at the other?  Crazy thought...would Bella have to fight Edward at some point?...the only reason I ask that is he relies on his power to fight effectivly and he could defeat anyone else...OOhh, Bella stated that she knew he was strong and could physically hurt her but that he doesn't want to hurt her...if she is changed into a vamp or stays human could Edward hurt her in a fight? confused or not?  He said that his body shys away from anything that could cause the pain of loosing her again.  Bella is the only one who would be able to confront Edward in the end.

Your turn, how off am I?  Don't spare my feelings.

Frequent Contributor
twilightfanatic101
0 Kudos

you culd easily be right about the volutri trying to break up the cullen family cause if you remember in new moon, edward said Alec was afraid of the size of the family
~The hunter smiled in a friendly way as he suanted forward to kill me.~

~Life is Short, So Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Laugh Uncontrolably, and NEVER Regret Anything That Once Made You Smile.~
Frequent Contributor
jeltmb
0 Kudos

Yes, even Aro was jealous according to Edward and if Alice showed him a true view of the future, then in book 4 Alice and Edward will be switching sides.
Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

In the twilight books the change to human could be metaphorical. Or it could mean that Bella is going to be a vampire so that they are of the same species.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Frequent Contributor
jeltmb
0 Kudos

I have always been sure that Bella would be changed to a vamp.  But, I now have a twinge of what if...

If she can't be changed, the only way they would know is if Edward bit her and then nothing happened.  Sad thought that she has to go through Edward drawing blood and nothing happening...ouch!  also, wouldn't she get another scar?  That would suck!

Contributor
30sucks
0 Kudos

This is far fetched but ......

you know how they take what is human with them to be more pronounced as a talent? what if Bella, being switzerland and all, she is able to hang with vamps and werewolves seeing them for their best qualities and not as monsters( with me so far? ) what if being with and loving jacob gave her the vamp power of being able to change back and forth from vamp to human just like jacob changes from human to wolf? She could keep both of her loves that way, her best friend, and her edward.

Frequent Contributor
Fae-T
0 Kudos

Sorry...been gone for a while, but I'm back now:smileyhappy: anyway, I can see where you're coming from with the whole morphing from vampure to human, but if I have to hear about Bella being in love with two people and how sorry she is...I think I'm going to be sick.

Also, about the quotes, at firstthey were helpful as to seeing what the book was going to be about, but does anyone else think that they could have picked slightly more informative quotes to post? 

Hate is one step away from love...or murder.
Contributor
30sucks
0 Kudos

I am with you on being tired of Bella being in love with two people. I don't think her romance with Jacob will be explored further. 1. b/c she cried over Edward and jumped off cliffs to hear his voice for 6 months. 2. She cried over Jacob for 24 hours with Edward by her side, then gave Alice full reign over the wedding.

I do think that her love for him as a friend will be present in BD. I also think leah is going to have a bigger role in BD. I think she will either hook up with Jacob b/c misery loves company. Or she will try to sabotage the wedding, thus bringing Jacob back into the picture.

Frequent Contributor
twilightfanatic101
0 Kudos

lol my mom thinks jacob will hook up with leah

~Life is Short, So Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Laugh Uncontrolably, and NEVER Regret Anything That Once Made You Smile.~
Contributor
30sucks
0 Kudos

i guess us mothers think alike
Frequent Contributor
twilightfanatic101
0 Kudos

yepp i guess so, i keep trying to convince her that jacob will die , all she tells me is no you are lying

Contributor
30sucks
0 Kudos

Jacob might die, but I don't think that will happen until the end, IF it happens at all.
Frequent Contributor
twilightfanatic101
0 Kudos

yea are you going to the midnight party??

Frequent Contributor
jeltmb
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I think there is a chance for Leah and Jake.  At one time Jake thought she was pretty...maybe if he calms down a bit he will see her in a new light.  Leah seems to like him (maybe not romantically but as a friend or companion) enough to try and give him emotional support during this time (she went through the same thing with losing Sam to Emily).  Why else would she be talking to him about Bella when he wants to be alone and sulk.  It might be annoying to the rest of us but some people aren't as good as others and as tactful. 

I just hope that Jake doesn't do anything stupid like sacrifice himself to save Bella.  Ultimate act of love or something...hard thought to chew...but I don't think it's beyond Jake's nobleness.  And I can see Bella staying friends with vamps and wolves at the same time, but morphing?  That might be a stretch for me.  I think Bella has become the bridge between the two worlds because of her love for both.  As for her power...in every book she has been self sacrificing to a deadly degree.  Book 1, leaving the safety of Jasper and Alice to save her mom; not to mention constant worry for the family and telling Edward to stay away from James for his own safety.  Book 2.  Flying to Europe and sprinting into the hands of the Volturi, and again constant worry for the wolves/Cullen's safety with Victoria.  Book 3.  Desire to put herself in the clearing, also, willing to sacrifice herself because the fight was too close, and worrying about everyone's safety.  See a pattern?  Bella's power doesn't have to be multiple things, it may only be aversion to human blood.  But, if she brings something else into the next life I would say a willingness to save others (even at her own expense).  I personally would love to see her become something extraordinary.  But that story line might be too much and over power/distract from the love story SM has created.

Message Edited by jeltmb on 07-25-2008 12:12 AM
Frequent Contributor
lone_star_state
0 Kudos

friday is an interview with SM about Breaking Dawn and on Monday SM is posting one thing that happens in Breaking Dawn cause we have waited paciently. both of those will be on ew.com.

Contributor
mlpotter
0 Kudos

Maybe someone already mentioned it about bella's powers but I was rereading the books before the 4th one came out and I got curious too.  Besides the aversion to blood, in each book she has seen a bit of the future in her dreams.  For example she saw Jacob as a werewolf in her dreams before she even suspected that he was one.  If I remember it correctly it was even in a dream in twilight...before there were even werewolves around.  Her extra "power" as a vampire may relate to that.  I would like to wish that with her adversion the blood she will take the change without any problems and never lust for human blood...........but most of the time I think that it may be pushing my luck.

Also Jacob at the end of book 3 runs off to have some time by himself............maybe he will meet his soul mate and come back then??

This is gonna be a long week.

~Myshell~

~"We have forever. I'll see you again," he answered with certainty.~
Contributor
30sucks
0 Kudos

As I said the morphing would be far fetched, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway. I am still sticking with Edward becoming human as my #1 theory still think SM will incorporate GOD into BD. I went to B&N to get Sunday at tiffany's, and read it last night. I see the similarities you were talking about. It was a good book, and an easy read, but not worth the $20 plus gas I spent yesterday.

Lets talk more about what Bellas power might be. We know she is self- sacrificing,safe in her mind,perceptive, and when faced with impossible obstacles(as in port angelas in twilight, trying to get to the exit in the dance studio, reaching Edward in time I Italy,even simpler things like getting to la push when Edward didn't want her to, or punching Jake even though he is enormous, also in eclipse, when she Edward had the jagged rock- she didn't aim for her heart like the third wife, she went for an old scar.) so my point is she not seem able to just give up.I Think this will make her stronger than the others,not just physically, but mentally too.