Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

christian teen books

i figured that we didn't have a christian book thread so i decided that we needed one...so here it is :]

do any of you read christian teen books (or just regular christian fiction)?

and which books do you recommend?

lets discuss :]

right now i'm reading lucifer's flood by linda rios brook..and i love it!!!

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

Re: christian teen books

i havent read that book. sry :smileysad:

but i do know a teen series

left behind (teens)

The Vanishings 

the giver

The Giver  
lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

i have always looked at the giver but i have never read it...is it good?

"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

I've heard people talking about the Giver.
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

yeah! i loved it. its a little confusing in the beginning, but its real good. it was a summer reading book for me last year, but i ended up readin it again. I LOVE IT!!
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

cool i'll have to check it out then :]

btw i LOVE brandon heath...i just got his new CD yesterday and i'm listening to the Give me your eyes song....it's awesome!!!

what other christian artists do you listen to?

i just recently got into this christian band called Seabird and they are awesome!!!!

Contributor
Canis_Lupus
0 Kudos

Check out Lamplighter  books at www.lamplighterpublishing.com , also, try the "Wilderking trilogy"
If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf.
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

what is the "Wilderking trilogy" about?

Contributor
Canis_Lupus
0 Kudos

It's about the life of david, except really engaging, it is a 3 book series, and it is very fun to read:smileyvery-happy:
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

barlow girl

switchfoot

skillet

red

jeremy camp

matthew west

and

brandon heath

you??

Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

seabird

josh wilson, he is very similar to brandon heath

ruth (the band not person)

TFK

hawk nelson

FM static

addison road

capital lights

above the golden state

sanctus real

:]

kinda random but have you read the Narnia series?

b/c for the life of me i can't get through the series!!!!

Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

Canis_Lupus wrote:
It's about the life of david, except really engaging, it is a 3 book series, and it is very fun to read:smileyvery-happy:

ohhh that sounds very cool...i'm going to have to check that out :]
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

i read the first two, but i cant force myself to read the rest, they bore me too much. and dont worry randomness is awesome, watch... turkey in a top hat...yeah...random...haha:smileyvery-happy:
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Ted Dekker has a great series the circle series; Black, Red. and White. he also has the lost books and the paradise series, havent read those but i really really want to. Im not sure if they are actually teen reads or not but theyre good anyways.
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

werewoldgirl101: i could only get through the first two also!!! everyone said they were so good and that you just can't put them down....but let me tell you i had the hardest time getting through the first two and i think that i have finally given up!

spunkiireader: a few of my friends have read Ted Dekker's book and they also said they were good....i'll have to ask if i can borrow one so i can read it  :]

New User
chocolatecm
0 Kudos

i don't know what book you people r talking about but karen kingsbury is a good author..... just thought i might throw that in there.... okay sooo r u talking about the giver???? cause if you are i read that when i was like 10 and i thought it was awesome.... that was a long time ago though....... so what boook is it?
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

what type of books does karen kingsbury write?
Contributor
Canis_Lupus
0 Kudos

What book couldn't you get through the second one?

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

the christy miller series is really good
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
New User
chocolatecm
0 Kudos

karen kingsbury writes books about people who make bad choices and how they affect them but later God works it all out for good my all time favorites are even now, a thousand tomorrows, between sundays, just beyond the clouds ,and divine

I suggest these books to everyone they are sooo good and make you think seriously some might put you in tears they are so good these ones are her best ones in my opinion!