Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

city of fallen angels(spoilers)

i finished the latest in the mortal instruments today. i figure that this could be where we talk about things in the book aincluding spoilers...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
Nataliaxsummer

Re: city of fallen angels(spoilers)

why can't they leave Jace alone! and what will happen next..?

gotta love Jace!
bobbles918
0 Kudos

I thought I'd be disappointed in it being majorly told from Simon's POV but I really enjoyed it!  I think it fits perfectly with the first 3.  Clare is an amazing author & I'd read anything she comes out with in the future.  I was hoping the ending was just a bad daydream for Jace but what a cliffhanger!  I love Camille being in it & the mention of Will (which made me itch for more Infernal Devices!)  I have to admit that I kind of missed Clary-I didn't think very much was told from her POV and when it was it wasnt very much.  But still City of Fallen Angels got 5 stars from me!

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
Nataliaxsummer
0 Kudos

I thought I would be really disappointed to but in the end I was not that much disappointed in it being told from Simons POV. I hope it is somehow a bad dream because how can the run heal so fast? If clary would have stayed up there than none of that would have happened if she tried to stop it. Definably 5 stars from me too!

gotta love Jace!
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i was worried that adding books would make them grow weaker, but cassandra clare obviously knows her stuff- i think that i some of the best writing she has done.

and the cliffhanger-omg! i hope that he was dreaming or hallucinating-but i highly doubt it:smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
Nataliaxsummer
0 Kudos

Yeah I was kinda thinking that after awhile the story would just kinda fade out in a way but she is an awesome write so she probably does know what she is doing with all of it and the CLIFFHANGER WAS INTENSE!! I doubt he was too, like he passed out from the battle ya know? but I do doubt it too :smileysad:

gotta love Jace!
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

was that was even more intense than the CA one.and that left u wondering too

Frequent Contributor
Nataliaxsummer
0 Kudos

mhm i think this one was more intense

gotta love Jace!
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

I actually liked Simon in this one, to my surprise (I didn't like Simon in the first three books). The Jace humor was awesome, the romance was the best out of the four books so far, and the cliffhanger is killing me! Because now Jace will be a demon and controlled by Sebastian!

"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i know! i hated the way it ended but the cliffhanger is pretty amazing...

and i liked simon but in this one i liked hime the best...

and the romance i have to agree was the best in this one cause clary and jace were free to show afffection...

what did you think about lilith disinergrating(i know spelled wrong)???

i dont thing shes gone...but then again seb could become the main villian and she was just a way to explain why he didnt die completely

Contributor
beclac

I finished reading that book in one day! I have to admit I did miss Clary's POV, and I was yearning for a better ending for Jace, but it kept me hooked just like the first three. But, City of Glass was my favorite :smileyhappy:. I really hope things will be looking up for Jace in the next book, I really did believe that they had killed Sebastian and everything would be all right, but what was I thinking! Simon was a more interesting character than in the other three, but I still would rather hear from Jace than him. I really hope for another two amazing books! Go team Clary and Jace :smileyhappy: