Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

does anyone else find this really weird??

i just read in a magazine that they are remaking Footlose.

does that seem weird to anyone else, or just me???????

why are they remaking it???!!!!!!!!

it is so good as the original, movie!!!!!!!!!!!!

why reinvent the wheel people?!

kenny ortega [spell check?] is the director   actually, i think it said producer... whatever, he is somebody important..... =/

but he did High School Musical [bleh!] sorry, i just could not stand that..

is this going to be an epic fail??

cuz im reeaallyyy scared! ahh i love that movie! why why why ruin it?

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

Re: does anyone else find this really weird??

ya i agree and they almost casted zac effron (spelling?)as the male lead..but thank goodness they didn't!!!!

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

i know!!!

*gags*

i saw that too!!! that would have made it worse... :smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

eww not zac efron... :smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

i really dislike him and the whole high school musical cast....they bug me sooooo much. and the worst part is that every store you go into you see there faces EVERYWHERE!!!!!
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

*shivers*

it is like a giant cult that has taken over the nation

and the movie isnt even good! :smileysurprised:

it was so cliche [spell check?] and flippin predictable!

gah!!!

and people make money off of this??

the worse part is that they seem to  stop making the movies!

can u say "cash cow?"

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

i know everytime i see anything about HMS i'm makes me want to puke!!!!!

i can't stand any of it....they are so annoying!!!!

and your right...the fact that people make money off that is so stupid!!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

REMAKING FOOTLOOSE? wha thats crazy! thats like remaking grease! o wait they already tried that, to make it cleaner and todays we ended up with high school musical! ew
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

random97 wrote:
REMAKING FOOTLOOSE? wha thats crazy! thats like remaking grease! o wait they already tried that, to make it cleaner and todays we ended up with high school musical! ew

hahahahaaa :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

soo sad

soo tru.. =/

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

i know huh... :smileytongue:
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Am I the only one that's excited about this movie? I love remakes! The original ones are usually better but I think it's fun to watch them take an older movie/book/etc and make it modern.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen