Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

does anyone knoe any good Christian books?

please&thanyou dollfaces.
&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
Frequent Contributor
Mage
0 Kudos

Re: does anyone knoe any good Christian books?

um...

the left behind kids series is good.:smileywink:

The Vanishings  

"Raven,you understand that i cannot survive without the darkness,blood,and my coffin"
"i know...;" i said, choking up.
"Since i've moved into the Mansion,I learned something"
"Yes?"
"I cannot survive without..you"
Frequent Contributor
twilightandgemmafan
0 Kudos

Hmmm.... I don't know about any books, but if you are into musicals, you should check out Children of Eden.  It tells the story of Adam and Eve, and Noah's Ark. It is a lot more dramatic than the Bible, though. And it has amazing music. My school performed it two years ago, and it is my favorite musical ever. =]
"We're like pretty horses, and just as on horses, they mean to put blinders on us so we can't look left or right but only straight ahead where they would lead.
Please, please, please, Gemma, let's not die inside before we have to."
-The Sweet Far Thing
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

I really liked the Dragons in Our Midst series by Bryan Davis and the Door Within series by Wayne Thomas Batson 

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
Frequent Contributor
Niairn
0 Kudos

go to www.visionfourm.com
My mind is the only sanctuary that has not been stolen from me. Men have tried to breach it before, but I've learned to defend it vigorously, for I am only safe with my innermost thoughts. - Murtagh, Eragon
New User
LoveToRead8
0 Kudos

I really like the love comes softly series by jeanette oke.  For teens , there is the christy miller series by robin jones gunn.  Supposed to be good.
New User
Hysterika
0 Kudos

I don't know if they're Christian or just spiritual but pretty much ANYTHING by Lurlene McDaniel.

Her books are beautiful, inspirational and well, sad. But sooo good. 

Frequent Contributor
lilacbouquet
0 Kudos

Yes, I can attest to this. I read the ENTIRE Christy Miller series (including the Christy and Todd college years series) in about 2-3 weeks. They are great! Some other good ones are The Cooper Kids adventures by Frank Peretti. They're very interesting and full of action.
- Emily
"The test of literature is, I suppose, whether we ourselves live more intensely for the reading of it." - Elizabeth Drew
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

Totally depends on what genre you want. I haven't personally read them yet, but I agree the Love Comes Softly series would be good to read. I've read the Diary of a Teenage Girl series by Melody Carlson (I have the Caitlin series--would suggest Chloe, too) and they are pretty good. Actually, most of Melody Carlsons books are good.
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
New User
Zuzanna1526
0 Kudos

Haha... I agree.
Have you checked out the new Harry Potter movie, if you did not here is the website for the trailer! It looks amazing! Search for Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, you will find the main website! :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
Craig_Dressler
0 Kudos

Character Concert Book Videos

Contributor
DayDreamingBookGirl
0 Kudos

Hiya!

Okay, so I'm not sure how old this post is...but I'll say anyway. :smileyhappy:

I REALLY like The Charmed Life by Jenny B. Jones.  There's 3 books as of now.

So Not Happening

I'm So Sure and

So Over My Head

Caleb + Kate is awesome too!  It's like a modern Christian Romeo and Juliet. :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps.

Freya

Frequent Contributor
Jasmine7
0 Kudos

Karen Kingsbury's novels such as the Above the Line Series, "Even Now" and "Ever After" ,
"Like Dandelion Dust" (This one is about to come out in movie theaters). This author has tons more.

Francine Rivers "Redeeming Love" , "Mark of the Lion Series" and "Leota's Garden"

Tracie Petersons "Brides of Gallatin County" and she has more books

Beverly  Lewis writes really awesome Amish Christian fiction

If you're in to sci-fi then read Ted Dekkers "The Circle series"

There are a ton of Christian fiction which have awesome story lines. I know that when I first heard of Christian fiction I thought it would just talk about someone preaching to someone else, but it helped strengthen my faith and offered how God moves in numerous ways. Don't be shy when it comes to this genre. There are a ton of awesome books!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of God shall stand forever" Isaiah 40:8

Distinguished Correspondent
purple_monkey
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Anything by Robing Jones Gunn and Jenny B. Jones. They are awesome authors.

"Curiouser and curiouser."-Alice

New User
booknerdette123
0 Kudos

christy miller series will change ur life. also there is the sierra jensen series. both wordiforous amazzizing books.

New User
Bigwommie
0 Kudos

The Oath - Frank Peretti

The Californian Series - Lori Wick

Sophie's Heart - Lori Wick

New User
gleekPM
0 Kudos

I haven't personally read this book myself but my mom said it was really good. It's called The Shack.

Every story has an END, but in LIFE, every END is a new BEGINNING.
New User
haleywyn
0 Kudos

the Summerhill Secrets series by Beverly Lewis is good

Correspondent
Sadie1
0 Kudos

The C. S. Lewis books: The Chronicles of Narnia. Also, my all time favorite book on Christianity if the book by C.S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"..very insightful.

Also, Francine Rivers has written several good fictional books on Christianity.

Lisa in Georgia