Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
sayory
0 Kudos

does everyone agreed that Robert pattison was meant to play edward in the twilight movie series?

im pretty sure all of you didnt imagine the same edward and when the twlight movie came out i was happy but i wasnt really happy with choice of letting Robert play edward i dont know it just doesnt look right^^ and the way he acts is not the edward described in the book well thats my opinion

i want to know all of your opions! and what you think about the way he acts^^

thank you!

Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

Re: does everyone agreed that Robert pattison was meant to play edward in the twilight movie series?

at first i wasnt happy although i know a vamps supposed to have the high cheekbones and defined jawline, i imagined him having darker hair and abit more of a softer face, and he can act but he dosnt show the compassion, and love that edwards shows so cleary in the books, but thats my opinion, but overal he does make a good edward just not the one i imagined
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

Re: does everyone agreed that Robert pattison was meant to play edward in the twilight movie series?

I think Robert Pattinson has proved that he is the perfect Edward. The brooding gaze, the convincing acting, the beautiful piano playing (aren't those muscian's hands he has HOT?!). Three cheers for Rob!
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

i like Rob. he can act well and he gets job done without it seeming fake or to forced like his co-star Kirsten Stewart. and he is PRETTY!
I'm a book nerd.
I like making my friends into book nerds.
New User
sally_14
0 Kudos

I read the books first shy of when the movie was about to come out but I like Robert since I saw him in harry potter movie. He has the physical aspects to play Edward but I don't think he was meant to play edward, I read that Kristen practically told the director to cast him. That she wouldn't do it unless he was cast. Choosing Robert helped the twilight movies but I think Kristen was a poor choice.
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

i personally dont like him. hes just kinda creepy. his acting skills are good but he himself is not. his physique is too lanky and i imagine edward more buff than that. i think they could have chosen someone else to play him. personally, i think the two worst actors/actresses were Robert and Kristen. the best is Taylor and Ashley. haha.

Im TEAM JACOB!!!!!!! WOOOOOOT!!!!!! im also team TAYLOR!!!! haha

*swoons*

lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

honestly i cant stop picturing him dying as cedric diggory in harry potter, and i read the series i pictured him kind of different
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

No offence to Robert Pattison(sp?), but in some parts in the movie he kind of looked like a stalker...
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

i like him for edward! thats saw him in my mind, but he doesnt act like edward! and i thought he would be more buff too!
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
New User
keepzitreal41
0 Kudos

i thInK tHaT theY coUlD haVe chOse sOmeONe elSe. hE dIdNt loOk aS goOd aS i thOuGht hE wOulD

Distinguished Correspondent
KaiKC
0 Kudos

I don't think Robert was the best choice personally. Honestly I didn't like Kristin AT ALL in the movie, either. She let out air alot and looked weird part of the time. The best scene both were in was the ending fight scene.

My favorite characters were Alice, Jasper, and Jacob.

I'm a Team Jacob member! (And if there was a team Alice and/or Jasper team I'd be there, too. Haha.)

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

IM TEAM JACOB TOO!! and there is team alice AND team jasper so im on all 3 of theirs but mostly TEAM JACOB!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

KaiKC wrote:

I don't think Robert was the best choice personally. Honestly I didn't like Kristin AT ALL in the movie, either. She let out air alot and looked weird part of the time. The best scene both were in was the ending fight scene.

My favorite characters were Alice, Jasper, and Jacob.

I'm a Team Jacob member! (And if there was a team Alice and/or Jasper team I'd be there, too. Haha.)

Just so you know, I don't think that was really Kristen's fault. It was probably meant to be the way they did it for making her seem nervous and such.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Correspondent
Duncan-lover-4eva
0 Kudos

In my opinon the whole movie sucked!!! They could have done the movie much better. Edward and BElla were choosen sooo wrongly. Edward { Robert } looks stalker-ish and like a pedophile...and Bella I visioned her to be like very pretty and different. They should have casted differently they both did horrible in the movie...messing the books...which I loved!

If you ever feel the need to wonder why.
Let me know
-Aaliyah
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

i agree. haha :smileyvery-happy:
Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

yea i thought bella would have lloked more strong . . . maybe thats not the right word kristen looked . . . kind of like a frightend mouse or something and Robert did look stalkerish. idk i think the cast was not working int he favor. TAYLOR LAUTNER was perfect though. lol
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

ashley greene is a PERFECT Alice, and yes i agree that Taylor Lautner is perfect for Jacob, and hes HAWT!!

its really funny how when Edward (Rob) kisses Bella (Kristen), he looks like hes in pain. its so funny :smileyvery-happy:

New User
sayory
0 Kudos

i so agree that the movie kinda suck well for me..i mean the books were  so awesome! one of the best series books i had read. But the movie..it wasnt like the book at all i mean harry potter books are really good, and look at the movies there amazing but twilight wasnt to say the least i was dissapointed..'.' i hope new moon is better:smileyhappy:

team edward!:smileyhappy:

Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

I have to say I am NOT fond of Taylor Lautner. He seems egotistical, and he's not hot enough (or tall enough) to play Jacob.
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

OMG!! i think ur the first person to like ever say that. and how can you think hes not hot?!?! he is absolutely and completely hot!! oh well, everyone has their own opinion :smileysad: