Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
nikki_13

everyone talks about twilight lets talk about other books! :)

im tired of hearing about twilight! i loved it before everyone was all over it and was reading it just because a movie was coming out!!! gosh some one tell me what books they love and books they recommend me to read:smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Frozen101
0 Kudos

Re: everyone talks about twilight lets talk about other books! :)

Yea im getting annoyed with Twilight too! well here's a series that im reading now(actually just finishing up). It's called Vampire Kisses. It's kind of like Twilight, but people aren't going crazy for it! I love these books and well you might like them too...        And thanx for the thread!:smileywink:

"If I smile and don't believe

Soon I know I'll wake from this dream"

Evanescence-Hello

Correspondent
plaidfroggie
0 Kudos

I just started the Eragon series.  My favorite fictional creature is Dragons which is why I like Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series.  I do like other series by McCaffrey as well like the Tower series. 

I am usually a sci-fi fantasy reader more than romance though.  I do like the Tales of the 500 Kingdom books by Mercedes Lackey though they are romances and actually published by the Harlequin Romance.

Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93
0 Kudos

OMG! i love the Eragon series. it's so good. i'm gonna start Thirteen reasons why soon. but first i have to do a liitle bit of my summer reading. :smileysad:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

I agree with the twilight part. My fav is the Mortal Instruments series. and I also like Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside by Holly Black. I love all the fantical creatures not just vampires. I LOVE FAIRIES! so any story with them I'll read, even if theyre the bad guys.
Contributor
nikki_13
0 Kudos

so is vampire kisses a good series i see it all the time but dont know if its any good?!
Contributor
nikki_13
0 Kudos

i love 13 reasons why! its so good. you have to read go ask alice and any of ellen hopkins books i love them:smileyhappy:
Contributor
nikki_13
0 Kudos

so do i. but i also love romance novels. im going to try reading the books you suggested!

Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

Has anyone read The Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen? I love them and I'd love to discuss them!
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

yeh nearly read em al just gotta read envy the series is really addictive, and has characters youll love to love and love to hate,  eg, elizabeths and wil romance is lovely and tragic, how two people want to be together so much but people just wornt let them be, then theres envy and elizabeths younger sister who is probs my fav charctor, i love her rebeliousness and that she dosnt let other people get to her and seems like such a free spirit, and henry sounds hot for a gentleman (as if!!!... the gentleman part :smileyhappy:) lmao

so dholland whoes ur fav character and why, mines diana for reason ive already mentioned :smileyvery-happy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I love the Vampire Kisses Series! and 13 reasons Why! all of Ellen Hopkins books are amazing! but i haven't read Burned yet...

I just finised Dead is the New Black and it was really good!

and i'm about to re-read the Blue is for Nightmers Series!

shoot for the

moon

even if you miss you'll land in the

stars

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Luna93
0 Kudos

OMG! i just finished readin thirteen reasons why and it was so amazing i just loved it. i think that is the fastest i've ever read a book it took me like 5 hrs. i just could not put it down. :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

13 reasons why was amazing absolutely loved it because it was clever, real, touching,and tragic

and i wouldnt believe some of the things that happened to her it was so sad & i wish that counselor would have helped more

anyway i recommend A Great and Terrible Beauty -Libba Bray,Rebel Angels-libba bray, The Sweet Far Thing- Libba Bray(series)

mortal instrument series by Cassandra Clare (series 3 bks about demon or shadowhunters has action romance and comedy

wicked lovely series -melissa marr (3bks) wicked lovely,ink exchange, fragile eternity (about fairies mostly but also has romance and action)

Message Edited by BeeZnEEz101 on 06-22-2009 11:30 AM