Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
KaylaNicole_MusicLover
0 Kudos

Re: glee

I LOVE IT! It makes me wish we had a glee club at my school!

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

OOOO!!! =] My school has one. I'm not in it but my friends say that it is a lot of fun. =D

Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

it actually sounds like it would be fun, im not the worste singer but im not the best so i dont think id be in it if we had one, i wouldnt want to always be in the background of the better singers

~Love is a poison~
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

sorry for the back to back replys but i watched gLee last nighta and thought it was funny but i didnt like rachels bad reputation project but i did like the hammer time pants for cant touch this and Vanilla ice, ice baby song hahaha i even sang along with it oh and i cant forget LETS GET PHYSICAL PHYSICAL hahah loved the new video better then the old one haha.

~Love is a poison~
B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

I love Glee so much.  Most of the employees at the BN I work at are in love with the show.  We often have pow-wows the next day to talk about our opinions.

While I love all the musical numbers this season, I wish there was more character focus.  Lately, I've been happy to see some of the secondary characters getting to sing again.  It makes me so happy!

Last week, Kristin Chenoweth plus the scene with Mercedes singing "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera were my two favorite parts about the show.

Last night, while I felt like I was re-living the 80s, I *loved* the scene with Sue and her sister.  That made Wheels one of my favorite episodes of last season and I loved the dynamic that occured again last night.  I LOVE Sue with her sister.  That has to happen more often!

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i agree i love that they show the soft and good side of sue!  i thought last nights episode was good.  i love the edition of the total eclipse of the heart.

B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

i agree i love that they show the soft and good side of sue!  i thought last nights episode was good.  i love the edition of the total eclipse of the heart.

Yes, I loved "Total Eclipse" at the end!  It was heart-breaking, yes, but I loved it.  I even posted that sentiment on my Facebook and one of my friends went, "But it's so depressing!" and I said, "Yeah, but it's me.  Come on, now, I like depressing stuff.  Why else would Jodi Picoult be my fave author?" and she never responded. LOL.  I really like that we're starting to explore the characters again.  Poor Rachel is in for a lot of heartbreak, I feel, but maybe it will open her up more b/c she really needs her bubble expanded.

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah she needs some help and some realizing. Rachel that is.  i like depressing serious things too!  haha

Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

Major Glee fan I love glee! It's a little hard to watch it with my parents sometimes but I love it anyway! WOOT!

Contributor
lmr003
0 Kudos

Heather_Lynn wrote:

lmr003 wrote:

am i the only one who can't stand it?

I think those who do not like musical find Glee a little irritating!! 

I usually like musicals, but I think Glee is a glorified High School Musical--it's corny & overdramtic. but that's just me.
-Lindsay

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

OMG!!!! I just finished this week's episode of glee!!! I did not expect that. :smileysurprised:

**SPOILER**

The Vocal Adrenaline coach is RACHEL'S MOM???!!!! That was sooooo... bizarre. But I was right that Jesse is going to leave New Directions when he gets the chance. But who knew he actually liked Rachel??

Ok... I am done freaking out (for now) =]

Frequent Contributor
zera17
0 Kudos

Glee is one my top 5 shows!!!!  i am super excited for the Lady GaGa episode!!

Photobucket
Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

I KNOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That FREAKED me out, too! They look freakishly alike, too lol. It's creepy but great at the same time :smileyhappy: Can't wait!

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

Christinewannabe47 wrote:

They look freakishly alike, too lol. It's creepy but great at the same time :smileyhappy:

I totally thought that too!!!! =]

Frequent Contributor
Christinewannabe47
0 Kudos

Lol I know they are!

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Woo hoo another Glee fan here! I have been loving the show since day one. My Shu is definitely my fave, I'd take him over Finn anyday, and he has a great voice.

I love "Somebody to Love". It still gives me chills when it comes up on my Pandora radio!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

Latest glee episode had amazing numbers and costumes, but...

**SPOILER**

I didn't like the part with Rachel and her mother. =[ It was sad.

Also sooooooooo much drama... WOW! ;D So proud of Kurt's dad!!!

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

b00kwerm wrote:

Latest glee episode had amazing numbers and costumes, but...

**SPOILER**

I didn't like the part with Rachel and her mother. =[ It was sad.

Also sooooooooo much drama... WOW! ;D So proud of Kurt's dad!!!

I hear you about Kurt's dad! I am a big human rights kind of person and was so proud! Amazing episode.

Anyone else love Rachel and Shelby (Rachel's mom) rendition of 'Poker Face'? Complete love!! I rewinded my DVR three times just to listen to it!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

**SPOILERS**

I knew it, I knew it... Jesse (is his name spelled this way or Jessie?) left!! Traitor!!! Rachel is of course heartbroken. Then he does that thing!!! (I don't want to give too much away ;D) He is sooo #$%#%@$@$#!!!!! He and Vocal Adrenaline deserve to lose Regionals.

Ewww... the whole Sue and Will thing was sooo weird. :smileytongue:

sigh I love this show!!

Season Finale is next week!!! Who else is pumped?? =]

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

b00kwerm wrote:

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

**SPOILERS**

I knew it, I knew it... Jesse (is his name spelled this way or Jessie?) left!! Traitor!!! Rachel is of course heartbroken. Then he does that thing!!! (I don't want to give too much away ;D) He is sooo #$%#%@$@$#!!!!! He and Vocal Adrenaline deserve to lose Regionals.

Ewww... the whole Sue and Will thing was sooo weird. :smileytongue:

sigh I love this show!!

Season Finale is next week!!! Who else is pumped?? =]

Pumped, by sad at the same thing. I love Glee and they way they do musicals! Their last song, the Funk one.. i loved it. Wasn't so chreographed, and just looked like fun!

— Marilyn Monroe