Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

good books for long trips

yeah so Im going to Florida with my choir the day after christmas,. We're riding a bus and it's 24 hrs. both ways. Anyone have suggestions for awesome books I could read???
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
BakingQueen
0 Kudos

Re: good books for long trips

Harry Potter or Twilight Saga
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche is a great book, and it's very long. It's an adult novel, but I reccomend it. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen and Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce are good too.  
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

Avalon High and Teen Idol are great and both are by Meg Cabot
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
katie_mills
0 Kudos

Well, the Harry Potter series lol. That's pretty darn long. Other than that:

• Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
  • Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepherd
  • Ugles Series by Scott Westerfeld
  • Blue Bloods Series by Melissa de le Cruz
  • The Eight by Katherine Neville - warning, it's a little slow lol.
  • Betwixt by Tara Bray Smith
  • Vampire Academy Series
  • Wicked Lovely + Ink Exchange
  • The Summoning
  • Revealers
  • Private Series

I hope that helps (:

"Son, fear is the heart of love."
Frequent Contributor
EdWaRd_JaCoB
0 Kudos

Twilight, I'd Tell You I love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You, Harry Potter, The Doll People Series, The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants.
I'm screaming, "I love you so...." But my thoughts you can't decode!
--"Decode" by Paramore
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

katie, what did you think of the eight?
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
twilightandgemmafan
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games. I just read it yesterday on the long flight home from Paris. It was so addicting and amazing, it will keep you entertained for the whole bus ride.
"We're like pretty horses, and just as on horses, they mean to put blinders on us so we can't look left or right but only straight ahead where they would lead.
Please, please, please, Gemma, let's not die inside before we have to."
-The Sweet Far Thing
Frequent Contributor
marisab20
0 Kudos

24 hours?!?!?! wow.

maximum ride is good, of coarse harry potter, the inheritance cycle, avalon high was really good, the Inkheart trilogy.

have fun on ur trip!! i hope the 24 hour drive both ways is worth it. 

You know you love me,
Marisa
Frequent Contributor
katie_mills
0 Kudos

shesaxsensation wrote:
katie, what did you think of the eight?

I'll be honest, I didn't finish it. It sounded like a really intriguing book to me, and I was dying to read it. But it took so long in the beginning to get started. I didn't even get to a good part, and I was like 50 pages in. Though, I think I'll give it another try, because it sounds so good.

It might just be too mature for me right now though?

"Son, fear is the heart of love."
Frequent Contributor
CuzEveryoneLovesACullen
0 Kudos

A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, The Sweet Far Thing...in that order (it's a series).  They're by Libba Bray.  The first 2 are kinda short but TSFT is really long.  I liked them...
xXxXxXxXx
If we know the way we're gonna die, through all the rest we will survive ~The Academy Is... LAX to O'Hare
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

Congrats on the trip with your choir!  (I was in choir in high school myself.)

OK, now to your question.  You need some books to kill the time.

Here's a few I've read that I've liked:

All the King's Men (long and good, plus a classic), Great Gatsby, Sun Also Rises, Cry, the Beloved Country, Black Boy (all 4 are classics), the Pretty Little Liars Series (it's Gossip Girl glamour meets suspense meets books that pick you up, dial up the tension and keep you guessing), Devil on my Heels (good written story), Dragonwings and Dragon's Gate (well written, both of them), Harris and Me (funny), Hoot (funny), Invisible Man (classic), The Jungle (a true classic, get the 36 chapter uncensored version), Kira-Kira (a story of sisters and loss), the Gemma Doyle Trilogy (it has magic, action, romantic tension, and Victorian-era good stuff), The Secret Life of Bees (historical, well-written and with heart), Tangerine (well written and won't disappoint), Walk Two Moons and Absolutely Normal Chaos (both quirky and well written), Bud Not Buddy (Depression-era novel that's not a downer), The Watsons Go To Birmingham---1963 (a Civil Rights-era novel that has humor and tragedy), the Artemis Fowl Series (an action/crime series that's fast-paced, well written, and aren't downers)

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

wow, some of those sound really good. i read the watsons go to birmingham-wow during some of those parts i laughed sooo hard. thanks so much for these suggestions
Inspired Contributor
Rachael1418
0 Kudos

for future trips you should try Manga

I recommend:

-Fruits baskets

-Vampire knight

-Love Hina

-Beauty Pop

-Bizenghast

And tons more which I can not think of right now

Hope this helps in future

Rachael1418

" When I read I feel like a whole new world opens where I can laugh, love and cry.....Where it can take away my sadness....That is how I can escape the world around me....Where no one is hurt anymore and I can do whatever I want, and no one can judge me....I can just be ME "
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

know im replying to own question but

montana sky by nora roberts...over 600 pages

read in two days. better than movie!

Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. It's a classic, literally. And there's a movie, by Alfred Hitcock! He's an awesome director.
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!