Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
WakeMeUpInside12
0 Kudos

Re: have you ever cried at the end of a book?

I cried during Eclipse when Edward said he just wants Bella to be happy no matter who she's with.
But, I must be a moron as well. I've cried at school over a book, the stares people give you are hilarious :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
Twilightlover13
0 Kudos

OMG!!!i cried when sirius died in the 5th harry potter. can anyone tell me what elsewhere is about?
~ we could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable,... instead of just invisible...~

"I'm not that complicated.
My complications come out in my songs. All you have to do to be my friend is like me...
...and listen."
-Taylor Swift
Frequent Contributor
Twilightlover13
0 Kudos

OMG i llllooooooovvvvveeeeeee both of those series!!! arent they good???
~ we could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable,... instead of just invisible...~

"I'm not that complicated.
My complications come out in my songs. All you have to do to be my friend is like me...
...and listen."
-Taylor Swift
Frequent Contributor
cutelittlebookworm
0 Kudos

i sobbed during the last happy potter like at the end of every single chapter becasue i couldn't stand the idea of it almost being over. but when it ended it was satifyingly nice, i mean there were some water works but i mean nothing like when i was actually reading the book.  Also every sarah dessen book makes me tear up
Contributor
amy_faith
0 Kudos

I absolutely bawled at the end of The Time Capsule by Lurlene McDaniel, at the end of My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, and of course at the end of the 6th Harry Potter book when Dumbledore died and the 7th Harry Potter book when Harry was describing his fear of dying... so sad! But then again, I don't mind crying if the book was good!
"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."
Frequent Contributor
sarah_sue15
0 Kudos

I cried at the end of a Walk to Remember

Reading is good for the soul.
Frequent Contributor
Hawk
0 Kudos

Re: bridge to terabitha

I cried at the end of Lucas (Kevin Brooks). It wrenches your heart.:smileysad:
"The thing about writing is that you don't nessicarily have to get it right the first time - unlike, say, brain surgery."
Frequent Contributor
iamwhoyouthinkiam
0 Kudos

I cry at the end of a lot of books. Heck, I cry in the middle of some of them.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak (cried through the whole thing)
a couple of the Lemony Snicket ones (don't ask)
almost all of the Harry Potter books
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
"Violent Hayes, I learned those moves from watching nature shows on television. Those are, in fact, the exact contortions a wildebeest manifests when it is being devoured alive by a pride of hungry lions."
(David Klass, You Don't Know Me)

I Am Who You Think I Am
Frequent Contributor
xDreamerx
0 Kudos

Hmmm there hasnt been that many but the one i did cry during were

Petey- at the end when he died i started to ball
      Night- its about the nazi concentartion camps and its really descripitive but its an amazing book
      Amber Spyglass- At the end when they are both on the bench:smileysad:
      Twilight series

A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face. It is one of the few havens remaining
Contributor
bookaholic4life
0 Kudos

i have cried while reading many books but the one that i cried the most on was
Before I Die!
it was soooo sad at the end i just felt like i was in the room while she was dying!!!!

forever addicted~ Michelle
New User
LovesBooks89
0 Kudos

AHH I have cried while reading so many books. Definitely New Moon, I cried a lot in that book. I just finished Dreamland by Sarah Dessen, definitely made me cry!

Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

At the end of Stone Fox!
Librarian
New User
soccerbuddy
0 Kudos

I cried when I was reading:
Bridge to Terabithia
Olive's Ocean
Starring Prima
Number the Stars

They are all very good books, but they are on the short side.
Contributor
Tappin_Toes
0 Kudos

wow, i am such a baby about books it's not even funny. i've cried during way more than I can remember, but some i can recall are pretty much every lurlene mcdaniel book EVER, the last harry potter book when harry was accepting his death and going into the forest to sacrifice himself for everyone else (that was so sad! even though i figured the ending would be happy he was so brave!) and burned by ellen hopkins. Burned really made me sob hysterically. has anyone else read that? i'd like to know what you think about the ending.
He was the poet while she was the muse...
New User
Reader-teen
0 Kudos

omg the two princesses of bamarre was so sad but it made me cry at the end and i was so enchanted with it i read it agin and cryed someore i know that sounds bad but i love to cry at movies.
New User
beachgirlie826
0 Kudos

I think that i cry at the end of almost every book i red, but here are the ones i cried the most when i read:

Harry Potter 5: Sirius dies
Harry Potter 6: Dumbledore dies
Harry Potter 7: Dobby dies, Hedwig dies,Godric's Hallow, The Battle, when Harry realizs he must die, when Harry walks into the forest with his family and friends, when i thought Harry died, when he was talking to Dumbledore, when Hagrid carried Harry out of the forest, When Harry kills Voldemort, and THE END!!

All of the Twilight Books
messenger
forever in blue
the Notebook
Sons of Destiny
Thirteen Reasons why( SUCH A GOOD BOOK!!!)
Olive's Ocean
And MANY more!
Dumbledore: "To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
Frequent Contributor
thebluewriter2
0 Kudos

if you havent read these books and or are reading them and dont like being spoilers. then dont read!!
Twilight: when Bella wasn going to give self to James to "save" her mom. that was a really powerful descion, she is so selfless. She even told Edward not to kill him in fear that he would get hurt/die. (i only read the first one so thanks for rewining the 2nd for me.....thanks to whoever posted the warning)
Where the Red Fern Grows: who deosnt cry in that one?
7th Harry Potter: I was reading the post and everyone keep saying that they cried in the harry potter book. i kept thinking that i never did that. but then i remember the part about Snape. this made me cry, he loved Lily but never got to tell her. he was never happy without her in his life.
Stargirl: the end was sad that they never got to be together.
Waves: the sister dies at the end. she didnt even come out of her coma.
Olive's Ocean: odd book, but good. very sad
New User
magpot
0 Kudos

Jordan Sonnenblick recently visited our school.  I had read his first two books but was hesitant to pick up his third until I had his word that I would not bawl like I had with the other two.

Criers:
Girls, Drums & Dangerous Pie
Notes from the Midnight Driver

Non crier:
Zen and the Art of Faking It

Frequent Contributor
twilightandgemmafan
0 Kudos

Yes, oh yeah, I just about sobbed all night after reading The Sweet Far Thing. It was so amazing, and beautiful, and sad, but happy at the same time. Just a complete mixture of emotions!
"We're like pretty horses, and just as on horses, they mean to put blinders on us so we can't look left or right but only straight ahead where they would lead.
Please, please, please, Gemma, let's not die inside before we have to."
-The Sweet Far Thing
Frequent Contributor
twilightandgemmafan
0 Kudos

I also cried at the end of Kira-Kira; Marie, Dancing; and The Diary of Anne Frank.
"We're like pretty horses, and just as on horses, they mean to put blinders on us so we can't look left or right but only straight ahead where they would lead.
Please, please, please, Gemma, let's not die inside before we have to."
-The Sweet Far Thing