Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
HPlover7
0 Kudos

Re: have you ever cried at the end of a book?

Oh! and I cried after "My Sister's Keeper". THAT was a SAD story!! :smileysad:

Willy Wonka: No, no, don't speak--for some moments in life there are no words.
Frequent Contributor
Jess25rocks
0 Kudos

i cried in new moon when edward left . that was so sad im practically in love with edward. i also cried in harry potter. i cried in the last book everytime someone died. i cried when dumbledore died serious black died too ! i even cried when i found out snape was a good guy because he died .
teamm edwarddd . ilovehim !
Frequent Contributor
Jess25rocks
0 Kudos

i cried in new moon when edward left. im in love with edward. i also cried in the last harry potter book everytime someone died. i also cried when dumbledore and serious black died. i cried in elsewhere and for one more day. i cried in the sarah dessen books and muchh more but i cant remember them right now.
New User
katherinegrrr
0 Kudos

Yes! The two ones I can remember are A Mango Shaped Space and A time for dancing. Why do most good books have to end with death!!! Will you be my friend?
Frequent Contributor
Jess25rocks
0 Kudos

sure ill be your friend i have none on my profile thingy . butt how do i add you or you add me?
Frequent Contributor
Kate_b
0 Kudos

I cryed every time a harry potter chater died
when dave dided in iornside
 i basicaly cry whenever some one dies in a book but only if it's written well
A verey merry un-birthday to you and you. and you is it your un -birthday too?
New User
cjcm
0 Kudos

Bridge to Terabithia
Girls, Drums & Dangerous Pie
Girls in Pants the Third Summer
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Walk Two Moons
Star Girl
Because of Winn-Dixie
For One More Day
And many more...........

Frequent Contributor
Bookwrm54
0 Kudos

well, everything makes me cry so I've cried at almost everything but most recently The Host.
Dream, cry, hope, love.
Contributor
MadDog_7114
0 Kudos

I have never cried over a book or a movie. Does that make me heartless?
The closest I have gotten would probably the end of HP 7 (just because my favorite series ended)
and Peter Pan (when peter started to forget who wendy was)
Currently Reading: Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
Next: Inventing Elliot
Contributor
bookworm32
0 Kudos

yes. 

*bookworm32
Contributor
lovely8envy
0 Kudos

Its rarely that I cry
THe couple that I remember are.

Dreamland - Sarah Dessen
Eclipse
New Moon

and Movies
King Kong - out of one eye lol not even kidding weird I know
http://www.freewebs.com/oandr-readingpicks4teens/index.htm Check it out :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
bookluvr101
0 Kudos

OMGEE yes and i dont want to name all of the books and movies
Edward Cullen: Sexier than you since 1901Jasper Hale: Smoother than you since 1843Bella Swan: Luckier than you will ever be. Rosalie Hale: Prettier than you since 1915Alice Cullen: Quirkier than you since 1901Emmett Cullen: Stronger than you since 1915
Frequent Contributor
xeyedchick
0 Kudos

My list is so long...of books i've cried at not necesarrily the end...i.e. the entire last half of The Host I was either giddy or in tears....and Tree of Red Stars I cried for an entire 3 chapters about 3/4 of the way through....I really get into my books....but the best reaction I have ever had to a book was New Moon when I started hypervenilating cuz my friend told me that Edward wasn't coming back....which wasn't a lie since Bella had to go get him....I scared my cheer coach it was hilarious
I have OCD
Obsessive Cullen Disorder!!!
"My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter."~Thomas Helm
Frequent Contributor
bookluvr101
0 Kudos

xeyedchick wrote:
My list is so long...of books i've cried at not necesarrily the end...i.e. the entire last half of The Host I was either giddy or in tears....and Tree of Red Stars I cried for an entire 3 chapters about 3/4 of the way through....I really get into my books....but the best reaction I have ever had to a book was New Moon when I started hypervenilating cuz my friend told me that Edward wasn't coming back....which wasn't a lie since Bella had to go get him....I scared my cheer coach it was hilarious

thats funny!!!!!!

((about ur cheer coach))
Edward Cullen: Sexier than you since 1901Jasper Hale: Smoother than you since 1843Bella Swan: Luckier than you will ever be. Rosalie Hale: Prettier than you since 1915Alice Cullen: Quirkier than you since 1901Emmett Cullen: Stronger than you since 1915
Frequent Contributor
xeyedchick
0 Kudos

she actually pulled over b/c she thought i was having some sort of weird episode idk she has little kids she scares easily at stuff like that and all the other girls were just sitting there laughing cuz i was laughing making it worse while i was trying to calm down
I have OCD
Contributor
jacobblackXD
0 Kudos

yeah!!!
sooo many lol
im very emtional at times lol

umm lets see
The Notebook
My Friend Leonard
New Moon...soo sad in chapters 3-6 D:

crap i can;t think of any more... lol
So the lion fell in love with the lamb...
Contributor
jacobblackXD
0 Kudos

oh yeah
and where a red fern grows
i was sobbing at the end of that book!!!
so sad the way he descibed how depressed the dog got
So the lion fell in love with the lamb...
New User
booksamillion
0 Kudos

the sweet far thing. the end of it. with kartik. oh god, it's terribly saddenning. oh dear.
Frequent Contributor
xeyedchick
0 Kudos

A thousand splendid suns...i would definately recomend this by the way....that was another one.....i remember the first book i ever cried for was one of those ones about the mouse with all the little rodents running around killing each other
I have OCD
Frequent Contributor
twilightlover
0 Kudos

yes its kinda embrassing but i cried in where the red fern grows:smileysad:
Carlisle: I've seen vampire venom work miracles,but there are conditions that even venom cannot overcome."