Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
lovely_for_now
0 Kudos

have you ever cried at the end of a book?

i cried at:

the 6th harry potter
elsewhere
the boy in striped pajamas
before i die
for one more day
tuesdays with morrie
copper sun

and a bunch more, i just can't remember.
"We refuse praise in order to be praised twice."
-François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

Re: have you ever cried at the end of a book?

lovely_for_now wrote:
i cried at:

the 6th harry potter
elsewhere
the boy in striped pajamas
before i die
for one more day
tuesdays with morrie
copper sun

and a bunch more, i just can't remember.

Harry Potter 5th(Sirius died :smileysad: ) and 6th(Dumbledore:smileysad: )
The Devil's Arithmetic(more on the movie, but that's a really different story)
The Phantom of the Opera(the original book)

and a whole lot more. some of the Warriors books had sad parts in them. some books I cry about because they have a good ending too.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
New User
Grooveonman
0 Kudos

omg YES!

i cried through the entire book of elsewhere...it was so sad : (
Where the Red Fern Grows- i hated that book, but it was really sad
The two princesses of bamarre, which is a great book, but has a really sad ending
i cry all the time when i read. it's pretty pathetic.
Contributor
xohsolovelyxo21
0 Kudos

omg. i have cried at the end of the 5th and 6th harry potter books and when one of the twins died in the 7th it brought a tear to my eye. also about any book that is about ww2 make me cry.
Frequent Contributor
mrsronaldweasley
0 Kudos

It seems like there’s a lot of Potterfans here, why don’t you join the HP board? We’d love to have you guys there! :smileyvery-happy::smileytongue:

Anyway of course I have cried at the end of some books I read! :smileysurprised:
Tuesdays with morrie.. I even used the book for my English class mini thesis on my fourth year in highschool

A walk to remember.
The notebook,.
Harry potter and the halfblood prince,
And HP and the Deathly hollows..

They’re all really good.
Anway, hi im mrsronweasley! lol
o’~aNd I'm So Sad, LikE a GoOd BooK, I caN't PuT tHis Day BacK~’o
Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

Yeah i cryed when a girl died it was really sad
Bookbug

The more you read, the smarter you are!!!!!
New User
WrittenByAmanda
0 Kudos

I understand, but I cry on the inside, I'm up to HP book 5. I put the series on pause to read the Uglies by Scott Westerfield. But i luv Harry Potter!!! Rowling Rox
New User
WrittenByAmanda
0 Kudos

I love the two princesses of Bamarre!!! What a great book. Whoever reads that should read Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
Contributor
skoolgirl101
0 Kudos

I cried at the end of A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks and The Notebook by the same author.
Frequent Contributor
kraziekatie24
0 Kudos

eclipse. when jacob was telling bella that he;s not going to rip her into pieces.

hp7. jsut because it is the end.

-Kate

Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you chose. Those other girls, well, they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?

hisgoldeneyesmesmorizedme

book nerd. music freak. movie fanatic.
major obsesser over so many things.

I love to read and write poetry/lyrics and short stories. The layers of music fascinates me. Someday, I want to do movie soundtracks, maybe, or teach. The book to movie transition fascinates me to the extreme. I've been mesmorized by the way Harry Potter and Twilight and so many others have been brought into movies is something I think I would love to do.
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

No, but I have been touched deeply by books like Invisible Man, To Kill a Mockingbird and the movie It's a Wonderful Life.
Frequent Contributor
worldslibrarian
0 Kudos

I haven't cried while reading any books except the 7th Harry potter book, it was when Harry realized that he would have to die in order to get rid of Voldermort. I know he comes back but at the time I didn't know this and I cried like a baby, not just a single tear rolling down my cheek, I was crying and gasping and sobbing, it wasn't pretty.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
Frequent Contributor
Janice00
0 Kudos

i don't cry... wait let me refraze thay... I can't. I also cant feel pain physical, emotional all the way. I wish it was the other way around but it isn't so yah.
"Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional."
--Me
New User
darkraven93
0 Kudos

Grooveonman wrote:
omg YES!

i cried through the entire book of elsewhere...it was so sad : (
Where the Red Fern Grows- i hated that book, but it was really sad
The two princesses of bamarre, which is a great book, but has a really sad ending
i cry all the time when i read. it's pretty pathetic.

th 'two prinesses...' book was soooo great. and yes so sad. but so good!!! i have cried for the endings of books more than my own life! if there's someone dieing or leaving someone, i cry. i get so attached to the characters, its crazy. new moon, i think, hp 5 and 6, the glass word (dark reflections trilogy, book 3), the silver kiss, boys that bite (dont know why i cried, but i think i did.), normally in books that the guy leaves the girl. its so sad.
"When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers, i kind of wanted to be a vampire" -Angelina Jolie
"I see no reason to offer again what has already been rejected once" -Elenora- The Paid Companion
New User
twilightfan8
0 Kudos

bridge to terabitha

Before the movie came out i read josh hutcherson's bridege to tterabitha. It was hard to get into and after about 2 days (or was it 1?) staright of reading it i cried for a while.
Contributor
carrots72
0 Kudos

YES, and that has to be definately!!

Ok... books I cried in...

Twilight, when Bella thinks Edward is going to leave her forever.
New Moon, when Edward does leave Bella (but thankfully not forever).
Eclipse, when Jacob's in bed and Bella goes to see him (aww, that was the last proper time they will ever truly 'be together'.
The Little Princess when she realizes her dad is still alive.
Harry Potter 7 when Dobby dies and when Hagrid carries Harry into the hall and everyone thinks he's dead.

Ahh... I'm a sucker for sad books, bring on the tissues!
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

Have I.
If you havnt read any of Lurlene McDaniels books than you should. I cried in almost all of them. Her new book Prey came out this week. I didnt cry in the Twilight books. They where amazing but i dont think there that sad. It first sight was sad too.
Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
Frequent Contributor
Bookluvr12
0 Kudos

Yeah, i cried in some of the Lurlene McDaniel books... most of those are sooo sad.
i didnt cry in twilight,new moon and eclipse. but i was sad at the end of eclipse... cuz now we have to wait till aug. till the next one comes out.
I love Edward Cullen!

"If i could dream at all, it would be about you and i am not ashamed of that"
~Edward

"and the lion fell in love with the lamb"
~Edward

"Besides…the more time I spend with you, the more human emotions seem comprehensible to me. I’m discovering that I can sympathize with Heathcliff in ways I didn’t think possible before."
— Edward Cullen

"I'm sorry if there's been some kind of miscommunication, but Bella is unavailable tonight.' Edward's tone changed, and the threat in his voice was suddenly much more evident as he continued. 'To be perfectly honest, she'll be unavailable every night, as far as anyone besides myself is concerned. No offense. And I'm sorry about your evening.'"
-- Edward

yes, i am obsessed with Edward Cullen.... and your POINT is??
Frequent Contributor
HPlover7
0 Kudos

after looking at my list, it seems that i have cried a lot over the ends of a books......

tuesdays with morrie
harry potter (5 and 6)
the notebook
a walk to remember
bridge to terabithia (i know...)

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet".
Romeo and Juliet
New User
fashionista3000
0 Kudos

OMG Yes! I creid at the end of Where The Red Fern Grows! If you woat to know, read the book! It was fantastical!
Avery
SAVE THE SHARKS
I 3 Cheer
Recycle! Reduce! Reuse!
Clemson rox!