Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

have you ever read a book and wished that there was someone else to talk about it with?

yes i have read a lot of books and wished that people would talk about  and this website does it all on talking about books but not as much on the ones that aren't movies. there are a few but not for long are they talk about and that makes me kind of sad .:smileysad:and for all the people who think i'm talking about twilight i'm not. i just think that people should talk about some different book for once.
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Re: have you ever read a book and wished that there was someone else to talk about it with?

You can always post a new thread on the book you want to talk about.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

Re: have you ever read a book and wished that there was someone else to talk about it with?

yes but do people reply to it.:smileytongue:
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover

yeah most of the time with the books i have always gotten a reply!!
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla

[ Edited ]

omg! yes!

any book that i have read, for example. I read it.

And my madre would listen even though she had no idea what i was talking about. 

ha. 

Message Edited by Kierstin-Kayla on 03-25-2009 08:20 AM
pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily

Kierstin-Kayla wrote:

omg! yes!

any book that i have read, for example. I read it.

And my madre would listen even though she had no idea what i was talking about. 

ha. 

Message Edited by Kierstin-Kayla on 03-25-2009 08:20 AM

I do that to my Aunt all the time.  We work together and our work is like an hour from our house so I will just ramble on to her about a book I had just finished.

"In the end family is all that we have"
Frequent Contributor
Frozen101

I know what you mean! most of the books I read and love are ones that only one of my friends knows about(she's one of my only friends who actually likes to read) all of the others talk about twilight!  : (

Inspired Contributor
MadamedeChevreuse

Absolutely! Especially after I read Life of Pi, I really wanted to figure out what the ending meant. But I didn't know anyone who had read it and my mom is still possibly going to read it, so I can't spoil the ending for her by discussing it. I am still very confused by that book. :smileyhappy:
A book is like a mirror: If an idiot peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to look out.
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

I use too but I got my BFF from to start reading! I got her to read Vampire Academy yesterday. She's finished with it and is now reading Frostbite! I'm kind of like a library too her. Right now she has out Blood and Chocolate, The Silver Kiss, Vampire Academy and Frostbite!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation

Vampires-and-Spongebob wrote:
I use too but I got my BFF from to start reading! I got her to read Vampire Academy yesterday. She's finished with it and is now reading Frostbite! I'm kind of like a library too her. Right now she has out Blood and Chocolate, The Silver Kiss, Vampire Academy and Frostbite!

Lucky! I would love to have the same taste in books as my friends.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

Do you know how long it took me just to get her to read the first chapter of Marked (House of Night)?! She still refuses to read that and the Night World series, that I KNOW she will love! Tomorrow I'm letting her borrow my copy of A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray for her to read. Knowing her, she'll probably hate it. I loved it though!

P.S. Does Kartik get nicer in Rebel Angels?

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation

Someone on here totally ruined the ending of AGATB so I doubt I'll be reading the others. They weren't my favorite but I thought they were very well written. They just aren't my thing.

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

Oh... That's understandable! I'm glad I'm warned not to go on the series threads. Someone might ruin it for me! *gasp!* But yeah, I thought it was great and HOPEFULLY my friend will like it too and trust me more! Sorry, someone ruined it for you!

P.P.S. Does anyone know if Kartik gets nicer?

Reader
K.L.A

Whenever i get a new book I really want to talk about I force my best friend to read it. The downside at the moment is I can't have her read City of Glass yet because she just started City of Ashes.

Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm

All the time! Sometimes I can talk to my friends if they'll read it, but most of the time I end up not talking to anyone. It stinks when you've just finished a really good book and you want to discuss it. :smileysad:
team GALE, anyone?