Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

have you ever read a book just because someone told you to?

well no i haven't. mostly because most of my friends don't read books but thats okay with me.:smileytongue:
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Re: have you ever read a book just because someone told you to?

Do you mean like bossed me into reading it or recommended it? Because I've read books that people recommend strongly.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Lol.  Ya I totally have.  I usually boss people into reading books so I have to read them when they do it to me.  Lol.
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Luna93
0 Kudos

Totally. Thats actually how i first got hooked on reading. my friend told me i should read twilight and i've loved reading ever since. :smileyhappy:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

My mom forced me to read where the fern grows or i was going to be grounded from all other books because i wasnt reading the classics!!

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Sounds like my dad trying to get me to read historical books.  I love historical fiction, but historical historical?  Eh... not so much.  He denied me from reading anyting until I read  Undaunted Courage.  Lol. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I wish my dad would read. My dad was the bad kid at school with a leather jacket and motorcycle. My mom was the girl from a Catholic school that went out with the bad boy. It seems like everyone that reads has parents that read too. Not me! Lol, I wish I had the chance to share books with my parents.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Dude..... that's like something out of a novel.  Wow.  My mom reads alot of the stuff I do, though some of the futuristic stuff I read she doesn't tend to like.  lol. 
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I think it's so cool that some people have that in common with their parents. I have nothing in common with mine so to have my mom reading some of the same books would be really cool.

- Edward Cullen
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

i read before my friend suggesgted twilight but ya i read that one, and my parents don't like to read. just me :[
You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end