Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
belongdownsouth
0 Kudos

help--need reccomendations

i really like books woth like tomboys in it...im tired of all the new vampire book so NO twilighht junk (read it, hated it)! i like books with fighting,...oh and i like christian fiction (especially cowboys) here are some books i liked

Perect Chemistry- Simone Elkes

Willow

The Mortal Instruments- Cassandra Clare

Maximum Ride- James Patterson

Tex- S.E. Hinton

Outsiders- S.E. Hinton

and more that i can't think of

Sounds like life to me it ain’t no fantasy
It’s just a common case of everyday reality
Man I know it’s tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
It sounds like life to me
Contributor
tas1396
0 Kudos

Re: help--need reccomendations

since u said u like fighting books u should try reading poison study. I call those books the study series, its poison study,magic study, and fire study. its really good a lot of things happen in it so its hard to explain. look it up and c if it interests u

TAS1396
Contributor
RC15
0 Kudos

I would suggest Lord of the Flies. Its got some mild violence and its about boys stranded on an island.

Contributor
belongdownsouth
0 Kudos

thanks you too! I'll look the books  up :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Thanhybaby
0 Kudos

Grace  This is the book I'm reading right now. You might like it.

Contributor
tay511
0 Kudos

i recommend the darkest powers series by kelley armstrong. theres three books and they are really good. the first is the summoning, then the awakening and the third is the reckoning. i hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Kaley_T
0 Kudos

since you read Perfect Chemistry I would suggest:

Rules of Attraction  

This one kinda goes with Perfect Chemistry...

Leaving Paradise  

Return to Paradise

Return to Paradise just came out recently and it's the next one I'm going to start.  It's a sequel to Leaving Paradise

New User
Tiff_Rocks
0 Kudos

read the hunger games! i havent talked to anyone who read then who didnt like the series and they are AMAZING

Contributor
randomlybree
0 Kudos

Hmm. Well, since you mentioned "tomboys", Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock came to mind. I've heard great things about it. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Adrihottie
0 Kudos

you should read ALL of the Simon Ellkiss books. I loved all of them. All of her books portray a strong. Sara Deseen also has some really great books... you should check her out. You should also read Strange Angel by Lili St. Crow... it has a LOT of action... some vampires though.... happy reading:smileyhappy:

Contributor
belongdownsouth
0 Kudos

yeah! they really are! how did you feel about the ending of the last book?