Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
pandaking95
0 Kudos

helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

im a guy and i cannot 4 the the life of me find any good books 4 dudes that arent sports help
"i think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the the early worm "

-franklin delano roosevelt (1882-1945)
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

help for guys

[ Edited ]
Try Walter Dean Meyers.  If you like fantasy/mythologic characters read the Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander (based on the Mabinogion, Welsh mythology).

pandaking95 wrote:
im a guy and i cannot 4 the the life of me find any good books 4 dudes that arent sports help

Message Edited by pedsphleb on 05-20-2008 05:20 PM
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

Re: help for guys

um.....................i got one! try Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. the story is not based on sports at all. it's from a guy AND girl point of view. the whole story happen in less then 24 hrs. There r some YA parts and some cursing. the book ok in my opinion. i rate it 3 1/2 stars. i hope this helps cuz that the only book i could think of.
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
book-aholic25
0 Kudos

try Anthony Horowitz books. he writes the Alex Rider series and The Gatekeepers series. they are full of action, have barely any romance at all, and the main characters r always teenage guys!

Reading is the cure to everything. Expecially anger.
Contributor
MiddleC
0 Kudos

Re: helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

What kind of books r u into? Mystery, horror, sci-fi? Lot of guys seem to like the Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan, it's about the adventures of a half-vampire (not bad, a little gory at times). Like Book-aholic25 said, Anthony Horowitz is a good one. The She by Carol Plum-Ucci, a guys parents are lost at sea and it looks like a supernatural creature is to blame. I just started reading The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer, it's about a clone boy, so far so good. It got a couple of awards.
Frequent Contributor
Starlet
0 Kudos

Eragon!!!
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"I cannot live without books."
Thomas Jefferson
Frequent Contributor
jmtamez
0 Kudos

Grab any Chris Crutcher, Kevin Brooks, or chris Lynch title. You can't go wrong with them.
Jeanne
Let's talk books! www.booktalks.org
Frequent Contributor
pandaking95
0 Kudos

thanx 4 the suggestions but ive already read a good chunk of what u suggested im not ageinsed the occational herioin eaither (female hero )  im into fantisy mostly and mytology and vimpires r cool just not twilight that book is the devil it sucked so bad i picked it up onece and almost tru up
"i think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the the early worm "

Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

ok, lets get this clear. so u want a book that has fantasy and mythology that r 4 boy teens???????????
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
pandaking95
0 Kudos

iloveloveloveedward wrote:
ok, lets get this clear. so u want a book that has fantasy and mythology that r 4 boy teens???????????

yeah kinda spesific huh

Frequent Contributor
Bookwrm54
0 Kudos

ah, I think this question is harder than my chem questions!! (which is saying a lot since I suck at chem!) Have you tried the Midnighter's trilogy? It's sort of fantasy... not mythlogical though.
Dream, cry, hope, love.
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
i know teen fantasy books, but they're not mythology or (i dont think) is 4 boys teen. i would help if i had a boyfriend that loves reading(or a boyfriend at all)

Message Edited by iloveloveloveedward on 05-23-2008 04:43 PM
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
pandaking95
0 Kudos

iloveloveloveedward wrote:
i know teen fantasy books, but they're not mythology or (i dont think) is 4 boys teen. i would help if i had a boyfriend that loves reading(or a boyfriend at all)

Message Edited by iloveloveloveedward on 05-23-2008 04:43 PM

u'll get 1 u seem pretty inteligent

Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

thnx!!!!!!!!! :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:
**DLN**
Frequent Contributor
pandaking95
0 Kudos

hey just spreding the truth:smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**DLN**
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

umm i know this series of 2 books that u might like its called The Cry of the Icemark and its sequal is The Blade of Fire. Its sortive shows how one girl at the age of 15 can handle her fathers country Icemark after he dies and how she trys to keep the country from begin taken over. The sequal deals with her son and her daughter. Its a good book i really enjoyed it and it has alot of fantasy involved in it.

heres a link:

~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Frequent Contributor
pandaking95
0 Kudos

truly a classic sorry abr

Frequent Contributor
edzacktly
0 Kudos

Corbenic, by Catherine Fisher, is a kind of modern Grail legend with a good male lead. Good mythology and magic.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Corbenic/Catherine-Fisher/e/9780060724702/?itm=1&bnit=H&bnrefer=TEE...
Zack
The Moderator
Frequent Contributor
ThatsWhat_YouGet
0 Kudos

Eragon is good.  Also The Guardians of Time but thats kinda mythical... hmm lets see a friend of mine read storm theif idk what thats about but hes not really a reader and i think he liked it (which is pretty surprising) lol
Just shut up and smile
=)