Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Star_Mc_Fergus
0 Kudos

i love vampire books but what else is good

i love books like the house of night series and twilight but i cant seem to find book outside teen fiction/vampires. does any one have any suggestions????    : )

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Re: i love vampire books but what else is good

YESSS!!! Here ya go..

The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins

Percy Jackson and the Olympians- Rick Riordan

The Uglies Series- Scott Westerfeld

The Mortal Instrments- Cassandra Clare

Kisssed by an Angel and Dark Secrets 1- Elizabeth Chandler

Night World Series- L.J Smith

Wicked Lovely- Mellisa Marr

The Mediator- Meg Cabot

If you need any more just ask

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Contributor
Anjie_99
0 Kudos

i take it you dont want vamp books?

here are some fiction/fantasy/paranormal ones

-Skinned-robin wasserman

-hush hush-becca fitzpatrick

-the mortal instruments (city of bones,city of ashes,city of glass)-cassandra clare

-wondrous strange-lesley livingston

"To love is to destroy"

-Jace(The Mortal Instruments)

Frequent Contributor
GEEna
0 Kudos

i had the same problem, so i read books like Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent, and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia.  All three have absolutely nothing to do with vampires and they're all great books:smileyhappy:

there ain't no rest for the wicked.
Contributor
Star_Mc_Fergus
0 Kudos

yea i heard that hush hush was good but i havent tried it yet. and your right i would like to get away from vampires.

Contributor
Star_Mc_Fergus
0 Kudos

ok thanks, im just starting  betrayed 4 the 7th time in 6 months. i enjoy Zoey and the gang so much that even tho i already kno wats going to happen i re-read the books alot.

Correspondent
Tenrbe
0 Kudos

- Hush, hush

- Fallen

- Dark Divine

Contributor
Booklover97
0 Kudos

I <3 vampire books too! When I got done reading the twilight seires I was like what else is there to read? I found out that books about imortals are just as good here are some books that I really like:

~Evermore (Series)

~Lock and Key

~Breathless (Only because I swim)

~ Someone like you

and so forth...

New User
pigfarmer
0 Kudos

yeah i have a reading slump problem i just keep reading the twilight series over and over again

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Well if you look about you will see my other post and I would definetely reccomend all of those books I put on there

READ THE HUNGER GAMES!!!! You will not be dissapointed!!:smileytongue: By the way welcome to B&N

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I definitely agree with all of Zoey's recomendations.  I know that every time I go to a bookstore half the section is dedicated to vampires, so it's difficult to get outside the genre.  Other books I think you will absolutely love are:

Wicked Lovely (series) by Melissa Marr

The Heir Series by Cinda Williams Chima (Also her new book the Demon King is fantastic) 

anything by Maria V. Snyder

anything by John Green

anything by Ellen Hopkins

Going Bovine by Libba Bray

The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray

Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside by Holly Black

If you need any more suggestions just look in my library.  :smileyvery-happy:

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Contributor
Star_Mc_Fergus
0 Kudos

thak you i love al the help im getting

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

are the house of nights books good? i want to read it but haven't heard much about it.  i was just wondering what exactly you thought of them.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

The House of Night seires by P.C Cast and Kristen Cast is amazing. I love all of the characters lol and there is a really good plot. I mean there is a little to much love/sex but over all it's a really good kick-ass type book. :smileytongue:

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Beautiful Creatures & Fallen were amazing(;

plus most of the books people have posted here are too

----------------------------------------------
Contributor
Star_Mc_Fergus
0 Kudos

Re: I love vampire books but what else is good

House of night books are so amazing. I can't stop reading them.

Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129
0 Kudos

Re: I love vampire books but what else is good

I definetly reccomend Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz. It is a great read about vampires but they are toatally different than the average twilight vamps.Check it out u might find out u like it!!! =)

My Blog:http://cobforever.blogspot.com/
New User
san-diego-girlie
0 Kudos

hi,

here r sum of the ones i enjoyed

-Evernight series. by claudia grey (but this is vampires but idk if like star-crossed lovers type of thing)

-Evermore series. by alyson noel

New User
annaed06
0 Kudos

The Night World series by L.J. Smith is really good. It does have some Vampyres in it, but it also deals with witches, shapeshifters, werewolves, and spirits. There are nine books out now, Strange Fate will be out later this year. It all ties together. I loved it almost as much as House of Night.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians is really good. I'm on book 4 right now. But its kinda like Harry in the way it is told. I like how they stick really closely to the gods and goddess.

The Host by Stephanie Meyers is amazing. I absolutely love it. It has nothing to do with vamps or witches or anything but a really good read!!!

Hatty Potter!! I loved them

That's all i can think of. I'm pretty much stuck on vamps right now lol!

Contributor
ravenmc123
0 Kudos

I love those book too, but the book series that has really realed me in is  the Vampire Acadamy series by: Richelle Mead. Love it and i get so iritated when it takes a while for the next book to come out, I got one of my friends hooked on them too. So you should deffinatly try them if you like those series.