Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

ideas for teen reads convention

Paul H wanted to know what my vision of the whole thing was and i wasnt sure. so any ideas on a good place where everyone could meet. any ideas??
lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

Re: ideas for teen reads convention

WerewolfGirl101 wrote:
Paul H wanted to know what my vision of the whole thing was and i wasnt sure. so any ideas on a good place where everyone could meet. any ideas??

lets start with a state haha :smileyvery-happy:
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Well, first of all it would need to be a place that was affordable and easy to get to (meaning Kona and Oahu are definitely off the list xD). Perhaps we could start with a few safe capital cities in different states, because one convention in the USA isn't going to be enough for several thousand posters on the site, if you know what I'm saying :-)

So, like, how about at different times during the year, we set up approximately 3-5 conventions throughout the States on different dates so people could get together and chat and stuff??? The locations will vary throughout the country, because not everyone can fly out to DC and stuff...

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

well its for the teen reads people and i dont know how many people there are but i was thinking between 20 and 30

and also, im doin the sign up thing so i can get an estimate for people, and so far there are thirteen people which is easier to get people to one place (this is VERY hard i know haha) so im tryin to see how many people there would be to decided if we need to do multiple places haha so yeah i want to start with basic places. so lets figure out a state that could work for everyone (or the majority haha)

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I doubt we could all come up with one state. Because everyone lives all around. Like I live in Virginia.
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

i know i was thinking about somewhere in the middle of the US but i thought that wouldnt be fair cuz im movin to kansas this summer, and i really dont think that would be fair if you all had to travel so far and me just drive haha so yeah i know but i would love to meet all of you so idk haha :smileyvery-happy:
Correspondent
EzoRycki
0 Kudos

Well someone whould find out where everyone lives, not exact location, state basically. Then research prices for plane tickets. Choose the cheapest meathod, but the one most people can go on? Did that make sense?
When there are many opinions of a subject, it becomes a "fact".
~A quote by me~
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

yeah that makes complete sense but how do i ask everyone where they live?? just send them a msg asking??
Frequent Contributor
emma23
0 Kudos

i think we should find out which state every one lives in that way we can pick a state closest to every one.

btw i love the idea for a teen reads convention =D

Correspondent
EzoRycki
0 Kudos

WerewolfGirl101 wrote:
yeah that makes complete sense but how do i ask everyone where they live?? just send them a msg asking??

Ahaha,ya basically

When there are many opinions of a subject, it becomes a "fact".
~A quote by me~
Inspired Contributor
Laestares
0 Kudos

Sweet... Sounds like a great idea. I'm in florida... =| Ugh! I hate this state... I wanna go back to ny!
-Lael (i stare)
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

ok so i think im just gonna msg everyone whos responded ok haha here i go haha
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

i love the idea for the convention :smileywink: but my parents would neva let me just go off like that.. :smileysad: darn! im in RI so im basically in the middle of no where..... :smileytongue::smileytongue: it would be really cool to see everyone though!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

djaq wrote:
i love the idea for the convention :smileywink: but my parents would neva let me just go off like that.. :smileysad: darn! im in RI so im basically in the middle of no where..... :smileytongue::smileytongue: it would be really cool to see everyone though!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

I know what you mean.... :smileysad:

I'm in Texas....

And i don't think my parents would just let me go off like that either....

so I feel your pain djaq :smileysad:

Yeah so i'm changing my 'vote/name thing' to a BIG may be....

Message Edited by J.R._BookWorm on 07-31-2009 01:22 PM
"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

ya i don't think my parents would let me go but just maybe they will let me!

i live in california by the way

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

id so love to met yaal, but i like live in england so i dont think ill be able to make it, but seriously if some of u guys are able to meet up that is so cool!!
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

Ugh.. I live in Oregon and finally the heat wave is over!!!!!*Claps*

My chest would not stop pounding ever. Even when I had to sleep. 

Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Lol.  Blue want to meet up in Greece or Italy?  I'm going there next summer!  Haha. 

I think that meeting somewhere in the middle of the US would be a good idea.  As people have said they live everywhere from Oregon to RI.  That way no one has to have a 5 hour flight.  I'm just putting this out but I think Denver, CO would be a good idea.  That or Kansas City.  

Hailey have you gotten everybody's states yet?  Man this is going to be difficult.  I'm 16 soon to be 17 so as long as I had someone to go along with me I'm sure my parents would be fine with it.  As long as I'm not driving across 3 states that is.  Lol.  

I think we need to post a thread that says LOOK HERE.  Hardly anybody probably even knows about this.  I think a ton of people would be interested if they knew.  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

yeah, just post a thread asking everyone to just post their states, and info about the convention and stuff, so people know about it. and it would probably be easier than messagin everyone...

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

i live in CA, and im not sure i could go, though i really want to. maybe if mum came with me... of someone... strangely denver would work for me. my sister can visit her best friend and my mom wanted to visit old high school friends there, but the trip was canceled. if this convention works... hhhmmm....
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."