Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

if you were a author, what would your first story be about? and what kind of book would it be?

[ Edited ]

i would write a fantasy teen book. it was about a man and his wife that were blamed for stealing  a dragon but they only bought it from someone on the road. the king wanted them killed. what they didn't know was that they had kids. so they know that they would take them to, so they pack them a lot of food and told them what was going on and that they needed to go with the dragon. my brother darson who was 14 at the time,said okay but me james who was only 8 was having a hard time but  after a few mins, we said yes. there were told to go live with there ant, a few towns over and when we were on our way we said good by to our parents for the last time. not knowing what was going to happen to them.

:smileysurprised:your turn:smileytongue: and the type of book i would be writing about would be fantasy.:smileywink:

Message Edited by dragon560 on 04-30-2009 07:25 PM
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

Re: if you were a author, what would your first story be about? and what kind of book would it be?

I like that idea!

I would write a teen book, a romance one, probably.

I come up with many ideas. At them moment, I would want to publish one about this guy named Cody (Oh, btw, I posted some parts of it on this site, on teen reads.). Cody basically gets a job at an asylum and falls in love with the craziest person there (she's not really crazy, just because she's been in there so long, and she's connected to the dead.)

That's my idea!  

Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Inspired Contributor
liv4Him

Re: if you were a author, what would your first story be about? and what kind of book would it be?

I write books, actually.  My first one was about dragons and sword fights and battles to defeat the bad guy, typical stuff.

My second (and my fave) is about a figure skater who goes to a boarding school for hockey players, and she secretly practices her figure skating at night.  Until a hockey player sees her practicing, and it turns out he has his own secrets.

I wrote a short story based on a dream I had (of the horror/thriller genre).  And I'm working on another horror/thriller that takes place in Disney World, more particularly the Haunted Mansion.

Check out my blog at http://www.rinielsmusings.wordpress.com.
Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma

teen romance.

fantasy.

and evil.

like in the bad peoplees pov.

i like it 

ahahha

muahahah

>:}

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
Frequent Contributor
crazyARTISTICmind

[ Edited ]

my story would be about two siblings, Rudi and Mika, who discover two young werewolves, Accalia and Wolfe. From then on their destinies were entwined with the wolves. Their lives were never the same. Battling a Secret Society that seems to be everywhere, Mika and Rudi must find a way to survive.

the story would be a thriller and fantasy. too bad i get stuck halfway through. :smileysad:

Message Edited by crazyARTISTICmind on 04-30-2009 10:04 PM
Tiger! Tiger! Burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmentry?
-William Blake
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

all of your ideas are awesomely and i hope that all of them become books:smileytongue:

dragons rock~
Contributor
Denzurrr
0 Kudos

do you want me to show you what ive written soo faR?
Distinguished Correspondent
D-Vos

Well...since I'm already an author, I KNOW what my first book was about. teehee :smileyhappy:

It's about a kid who finds a portal into his imaginary world of secret agents through a pair of sunglasses, and he has to fight the evil RED agency while protecting the world as a member of the BLUE agency!

Here's the link: Double Life

D-Vos

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

Denzurrr wrote:
do you want me to show you what ive written soo faR?

if you want.:smileytongue:

dragons rock~
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

it sounds like a great book, i'm going to look in to it but someday i'm going to become a author as well.:smileytongue:

dragons rock~
Frequent Contributor
crazyARTISTICmind
0 Kudos

someday i want to be an artist and an author. i enjoy drawing manga. have you read any before?
-William Blake
Luna93

hope to b an author to. writtin a book now but it's hard to explain wut the story is bout. basically it's bout a girl with this big secret and she dosen't tell anyone. then this guy comes along and changes everything. also the grl isn't like a normal human. guess u could say she has special abilities. there's a lil more to it but yeah that wut it's kinda bout. :smileyhappy:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Frequent Contributor
crazyARTISTICmind
0 Kudos

have you started writing any parts of your story yet? it sounds interesting. i would like to read it.
-William Blake
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

cool, but I hope you put more detail in your story if you write it.:smileyvery-happy:

dragons rock~
Luna93
0 Kudos

crazy-yes i've writtin the first three chapters and i'm workin on the fourth one rite now. i've posted the first two chapters on here but they r unrevised. the post is called umm... lets see i dont really reamember. think its called "Need Someones opinion. PLZ." sumthin like that.

Dragon- Ha! funny. yeah there's alot more detail, it's just that i don't really know how to explain wut my story is bout. lol! :smileytongue:

All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Contributor
Denzurrr

I paced the waiting room, impatient for my father to arrive. I had been here long enough, and if only I knew the way out.  The room had changed from the last time I had been here. A levitating sofa surrounded the walls of the circular room, and the ceiling was possessed by vines of different shades of green, yellow, and brown. I stood there, taking in all the beauty. Fake beauty. Nothing in the room was pure.
I began for the sofa, but the sound of footsteps stopped me. I turned and it wasn’t father. It was Mardee. His long red hair was tied to the side and evolved into a braid as it fell to his waist. It matched his wine red gown decorated with freshly cut and polished gemstones. “Welcome back Denon,” he barely got out as his eyebrows went arching up. “What is that repulsing scent?”. My lips began to partly open as his finger went to them, stopping any possible syllable that might have been able to escape my mouth. “Wait here.” he said as he walked over to the center of the room. He pressed his feet onto the floor and what was an empty space 3 minutes earlier, now was occupied by a tunnel, escaping this floor vertically. “Come on Denon, I’ll lead you to your room. This is new technology we are working with. It is very simple, nothing you can’t handle,” he said with a smile forming across his face. I started walking towards him. I ran when he jumped into the tunnel. 
Mardee!” I shouted into the tunnel. No response. I took a quick glance inside the tunnel and I could see him. “Jump in and yell 51” he screamed as the wind blew him high into the tunnel, past this floor. Breathing in, I jumped in and at the top of my lungs screamed the number fifty one. A strong wind flew from below and my body began to ascend. I got carried up and in no time I was positioned in a narrow hallway. Mardee was waiting for me, sitting. Annoyance and frustration written all over his operated face. I attempted to appeal and gave a slight chuckle. It didn’t work. He got up and walked down the hallway. I followed, positive he was heading towards my room. “Your room is at the end.” he said as he leaned into a wall and pressed a circular button. Two flying disks flew through an opening in the wall and positioned themselves in front of us. Mardee got on top of one and I did the same. The disks flew at unimaginable speeds, throwing my bleached blonde hair back, and constantly stinging my gray eyes, drowning them with water. 
We were at the end of the hallway, where a bay window exposed the whole city. High buildings took up most of the view, but in the far distance you could see trees higher than any building in Barkas. They were stronger than any building as well. Scientists say that the trees have been here forever, and that when a meteorite hit the Pacific Ocean thousands of years ago, noone survived, expect the trees and the people that lived in them. Some even say we came from them, but my father disagrees. “How can we, beings of such high intelligence have come from them.” he would say when I asked. When I had no right to oppose to his opinions. Now that I am 20, and prince of Barkas, I can do however I please. 
“Denon,” I had forgotten Mardee was here. “You should bathe, and get some sleep. I’ll tell the King you are immensely tired, and that you’ll see him later on today. He should understand.” I didn’t respond, I was too tired. He pointed to my door, and walked away, his braid swinging from side to side as he moved in a high class manner towards the tube. I pressed my hand against the black panel in the door, and it slid open. In no time the darkness in the room had swallowed me whole. 
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

Denzurrr wrote:
I paced the waiting room, impatient for my father to arrive. I had been here long enough, and if only I knew the way out.  The room had changed from the last time I had been here. A levitating sofa surrounded the walls of the circular room, and the ceiling was possessed by vines of different shades of green, yellow, and brown. I stood there, taking in all the beauty. Fake beauty. Nothing in the room was pure.
I began for the sofa, but the sound of footsteps stopped me. I turned and it wasn’t father. It was Mardee. His long red hair was tied to the side and evolved into a braid as it fell to his waist. It matched his wine red gown decorated with freshly cut and polished gemstones. “Welcome back Denon,” he barely got out as his eyebrows went arching up. “What is that repulsing scent?”. My lips began to partly open as his finger went to them, stopping any possible syllable that might have been able to escape my mouth. “Wait here.” he said as he walked over to the center of the room. He pressed his feet onto the floor and what was an empty space 3 minutes earlier, now was occupied by a tunnel, escaping this floor vertically. “Come on Denon, I’ll lead you to your room. This is new technology we are working with. It is very simple, nothing you can’t handle,” he said with a smile forming across his face. I started walking towards him. I ran when he jumped into the tunnel. 
Mardee!” I shouted into the tunnel. No response. I took a quick glance inside the tunnel and I could see him. “Jump in and yell 51” he screamed as the wind blew him high into the tunnel, past this floor. Breathing in, I jumped in and at the top of my lungs screamed the number fifty one. A strong wind flew from below and my body began to ascend. I got carried up and in no time I was positioned in a narrow hallway. Mardee was waiting for me, sitting. Annoyance and frustration written all over his operated face. I attempted to appeal and gave a slight chuckle. It didn’t work. He got up and walked down the hallway. I followed, positive he was heading towards my room. “Your room is at the end.” he said as he leaned into a wall and pressed a circular button. Two flying disks flew through an opening in the wall and positioned themselves in front of us. Mardee got on top of one and I did the same. The disks flew at unimaginable speeds, throwing my bleached blonde hair back, and constantly stinging my gray eyes, drowning them with water. 
We were at the end of the hallway, where a bay window exposed the whole city. High buildings took up most of the view, but in the far distance you could see trees higher than any building in Barkas. They were stronger than any building as well. Scientists say that the trees have been here forever, and that when a meteorite hit the Pacific Ocean thousands of years ago, noone survived, expect the trees and the people that lived in them. Some even say we came from them, but my father disagrees. “How can we, beings of such high intelligence have come from them.” he would say when I asked. When I had no right to oppose to his opinions. Now that I am 20, and prince of Barkas, I can do however I please. 
“Denon,” I had forgotten Mardee was here. “You should bathe, and get some sleep. I’ll tell the King you are immensely tired, and that you’ll see him later on today. He should understand.” I didn’t respond, I was too tired. He pointed to my door, and walked away, his braid swinging from side to side as he moved in a high class manner towards the tube. I pressed my hand against the black panel in the door, and it slid open. In no time the darkness in the room had swallowed me whole. 

thats a great story, i would continue this story if i was you.:smileytongue:

dragons rock~
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

I loved it. But, you should separate the paragrapha a little more so that it doesn't look too long. I was definately sucked in, it was exelent.
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Contributor
Denzurrr
0 Kudos

Here is a litttle of chapter 2. I am working on chapter 3 and including more details on characters. I dont want to give out my whole storyy soo here.

Breathing in the smell of my room, I examined it for changes that were made during my surgery trip to Quirst. I had been there for the past 5 months. Not that my surgery took so long, but I needed time alone and the city wasn’t bad, since the citizens of it actually had fun. Only rich people have fun in Barkas, and of course, the Liberals. Citizens here do the same thing everyday. Sleep, work, pay, and eat. Some say the Liberals break the rules by not living an organized life, but there is no bill that states anything regarding that. I met a Liberal once. 

I remember walking into a laboratory inside our building looking for dad, and there she was. Laying down, metal tape around her body restraining her from doing anything. She was naked, and needles were driven through her skin from her hips down. I approached her, and asked “What are they doing to you?”. She stared at me, with deep blue eyes that screamed out what she wanted most. Death. “They are making me a--”. I saw her eyes go gray and her skin go pale as the electric dart struck her neck. “What have you done!” I screamed at the guards. Their faces remained expressionless, like they hadn’t heard me. I was ushered to my room against my will and forced to remain there. They had locked the door from the outside.

I stayed there, holding on to anything that wouldn’t crumble down at touch. That wouldn’t disappear at the sight of something horrifying. Something unlike my mom. Seconds, minutes, hours passed before my dad came in to my room and explained everything to me. That the girl was a Liberal, mutated to resemble a mermaid. He said they  had removed the tail in order to study Liberal techniques in case they ever rebelled. Whatever my dad said, came in through one ear, and out the other. I didn’t believe him.  

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

That's a fantastic story, I really hope you become a author:smileyhappy:

Denzurrr wrote:

Here is a litttle of chapter 2. I am working on chapter 3 and including more details on characters. I dont want to give out my whole storyy soo here.

Breathing in the smell of my room, I examined it for changes that were made during my surgery trip to Quirst. I had been there for the past 5 months. Not that my surgery took so long, but I needed time alone and the city wasn’t bad, since the citizens of it actually had fun. Only rich people have fun in Barkas, and of course, the Liberals. Citizens here do the same thing everyday. Sleep, work, pay, and eat. Some say the Liberals break the rules by not living an organized life, but there is no bill that states anything regarding that. I met a Liberal once. 

I remember walking into a laboratory inside our building looking for dad, and there she was. Laying down, metal tape around her body restraining her from doing anything. She was naked, and needles were driven through her skin from her hips down. I approached her, and asked “What are they doing to you?”. She stared at me, with deep blue eyes that screamed out what she wanted most. Death. “They are making me a--”. I saw her eyes go gray and her skin go pale as the electric dart struck her neck. “What have you done!” I screamed at the guards. Their faces remained expressionless, like they hadn’t heard me. I was ushered to my room against my will and forced to remain there. They had locked the door from the outside.

I stayed there, holding on to anything that wouldn’t crumble down at touch. That wouldn’t disappear at the sight of something horrifying. Something unlike my mom. Seconds, minutes, hours passed before my dad came in to my room and explained everything to me. That the girl was a Liberal, mutated to resemble a mermaid. He said they  had removed the tail in order to study Liberal techniques in case they ever rebelled. Whatever my dad said, came in through one ear, and out the other. I didn’t believe him.  

dragons rock~