Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
bookaholic_girl

Re: if your house was on fire and you can only bring one book with you what would it be?

[ Edited ]

You're kidding, right? If my house was one fire, I would get burned trying to get ALL my books out and anything else important to me. :smileytongue: Especially my photographs and photo cds since that stuff can never be replaced, they would be the first things I'd go after. Then books because if I can't save them, they can atleast be replaced. I make sure I know where anything important is just in case something like that does happen. I must say though, I honestly couldn't pick if I had too.

By the way, I would give you a laurel but since you made my house catch on fire, I decided not to. lol. j/k. You still get one. :smileytongue:

Message Edited by bookaholic_girl on 03-22-2009 10:44 AM
~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.~
Philippians 4:13
Scribe
redheart52

Re: if your house was on fire and you can only bring one book with you what would it be?

If my house was on fire i would bring Brisingr! I love that book. but if i could bring some more i would bring the rest of the eragon series. :smileywink:
Correspondent
laxgirl979

hard choice. I have more than 100 books in my room and have spent a small fortune on my on personal library. I would have to grab the book that I would be reading at the time if its good because i couldnt just not finish it. Or i would grab The HungerGames by Suzanne Collins or Audrey Wait! by Robin Benway because they are amazing books. hard choice and good question. I hope that never happens to anyone.

"I have always imagined Paradise will be a kind of library."- Jorge Luis Borges
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bookaholic_girl wrote:

You're kidding, right? If my house was one fire, I would get burned trying to get ALL my books out and anything else important to me. :smileytongue: Especially my photographs and photo cds since that stuff can never be replaced, they would be the first things I'd go after. Then books because if I can't save them, they can atleast be replaced. I make sure I know where anything important is just in case something like that does happen. I must say though, I honestly couldn't pick if I had too.

By the way, I would give you a laurel but since you made my house catch on fire, I decided not to. lol. j/k. You still get one. :smileytongue:

Message Edited by bookaholic_girl on 03-22-2009 10:44 AM

thanks it feels nice to burn someones house but just because it make people think of what would happen if there house really was on fire and you could only bring one book and then you would know which to bring.:smileyhappy:
Message Edited by dragon560 on 03-22-2009 06:26 PM
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

I would bring my most prized possesion.

If you're wondering what that is, it's my picture of Jasper Whitlock. He's from Twilight.

If I somehow lost that (I would be seething if that happened) I would definatly bring my CD player with the CD Abby Road by the Beatles in it.

Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover

Silvermist24 wrote:

I would bring my most prized possesion.

If you're wondering what that is, it's my picture of Jasper Whitlock. He's from Twilight.

If I somehow lost that (I would be seething if that happened) I would definatly bring my CD player with the CD Abby Road by the Beatles in it.

What is soo special about that picture??
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

Wsell first of all, my uncle drew it.

Seond of all, it had Jasper on it.

I'm obsessed, OK?

Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Inspired Contributor
Twilight_Girl13

Lol...I couldn't choose! I guess Breaking Dawn. Its really big, it has Nessie in it ,and it's my favorite book of the whole saga!
New User
pendragon12

probably catcher in the rye...one of the best non-series books i've ever read

Contributor
LadyCee

[ Edited ]
This would be an absolute disaster to have my house burn down!  I have over two hundred books and to pick just one?  Bah.  Since you are making me choose just ONE.... I would choose Beka Cooper: Terrier by Tamora Pierce.  It is an amazing book and its sequel comes out April 14!
Message Edited by LadyCee on 04-08-2009 06:51 PM
I just got out of the hopital. I was in a speed-reading accident. I hit a bookmark.
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95

i would not be able to choose so i would grab a BIG bag and start throwing them all in there lol

but i if had to choose it would be Breaking Dawn, Twilight or one of my sarah dessen books

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Contributor
LadyCee
0 Kudos

sweetiepie95 wrote:

i would not be able to choose so i would grab a BIG bag and start throwing them all in there lol

but i if had to choose it would be Breaking Dawn, Twilight or one of my sarah dessen books

That is an amazing idea!  *note to self:  keep garbage bag under bed*
I just got out of the hopital. I was in a speed-reading accident. I hit a bookmark.
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

City of Glass, definitely!
"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
molie111
0 Kudos

i would take wicked lovely

or

i cant chooes city of glass

:smileyvery-happy:

New User
iw0619
0 Kudos

If my house was on fire I would probably be throwing books out the window in an attempt to save them.  If i absolutely had to choose one book, it would probably be Twilight.  If not for my obsession with that story I would most likely pick up my Lord of the Rings books. 
--------------------
When I get a little money, I buy books. And if there is any left over, I buy food.

"I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly." -Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

Umm...Well I have over a hundred books (but half of them are in the attic because i can't fit them all in my room)even if I would just grab the whole shelf my dad made for me with all the books on it.One book though...Well first i'd like to grab my briefcase full of my stories because i can always buy the books over again but my stories are priceless....Well i'd get Breaking Dawn or Journey of hope by Lauraline McDaniel. (I love,love,love that book!!)
Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
New User
xXxbooksRmylifexXx
0 Kudos

only ONE book?!?! it would be so hard to pick one cause i have so many!about 200 :smileysad: but i guess if i had to pick one i would pick....The Wish List by Eoin Colfer or maybe Black Beauty

Those two books are my favorites! i think since my room is so close to the ground outside id open it and start trowing them outisde!lol

'Wierd is good, strange is bad.' -Fitch from The Warrior Heir by: Cinda Williams Chima
number of books i own as of April 10, 2009- 348;number of books i have read since now- cant tell ya cause even i dont know x_x....am i crazy, nope! i just love reading!!!LOL!
Contributor
Tappin_Toes
0 Kudos

Well...i have 3 full bookshelves in my room and i love all my books so i would be very very panicked. (: i might save the curious incident of the dog in the night-time, which is my official "favorite" book but most likely it would be A Novel Idea. Yes, it's girly and not exactly an intellectual book but it's my comfort novel and it is very cozy and precious to me. (;
He was the poet while she was the muse...
New User
TeenBooksOwner
0 Kudos

DEF Cathy's Book or Cathy's Key and SOON(in may) CATHY'S RING!!! i would grab as many as i can and chunk the rest out the window
Inspired Contributor
liv4Him
0 Kudos

Vampire-girl wrote:

Twilight or my bible

Trust me, take your Bible.  Is Twilight really that important to you, compared to God?

teenbookreviews.org

'For God so loved the world, He gave his only begotten SON, that whoever believes in Him will not die, but have everlasting life.' John 3:16

Check out my blog at http://www.rinielsmusings.wordpress.com.