Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation

Re: if your house was on fire and you can only bring one book with you what would it be?

Okay, I believe in God and I go to church almost every Sunday but I'm sick of people preaching their beliefs to other people. This is a BOOK CLUB. Not a bible group.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
New User
Becky-Flahertee

Re: if your house was on fire and you can only bring one book with you what would it be?

this is really tough!!! :smileyhappy: I would probably bring This Lullaby or The Truth About Forever by sarah dessen  ( I LOVE HER):smileyhappy:
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

redheart52 wrote:
If my house was on fire i would bring Brisingr! I love that book. but if i could bring some more i would bring the rest of the eragon series. :smileywink:

great answer. :smileytongue:

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
New User
beckscheck

Lo! by Charles Fort.  It's a little hard to come by since it might be frowned upon a teeny bit.
New User
sarah_walker_7

I would choose Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. Her books are awsome and I couldnt live without them!
Inspired Contributor
sandySG

if my house was on fire and i can only bring one book with me what would it be? 

i wouldn't be grabbing twilight because my sister's boyfriend's sister has it (she's had it for like 5 months) so twilight wouldn't even be in my house, which i'm glad because that means it is safe from the stupid fire...so which book would i grab...hmmm...it would have to be...uh... i can't pick!! >.< .... i think i'm going up in flames with the books

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

sandySG wrote:

if my house was on fire and i can only bring one book with me what would it be? 

i wouldn't be grabbing twilight because my sister's boyfriend's sister has it (she's had it for like 5 months) so twilight wouldn't even be in my house, which i'm glad because that means it is safe from the stupid fire...so which book would i grab...hmmm...it would have to be...uh... i can't pick!! >.< .... i think i'm going up in flames with the books

WoW!!!!! your the first person who wanted to die with there books. :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

dragons rock~
Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93

well i don't really know i luv all of my books. i would probaly try to take all of them then end up not makin it out in time then the house would collapse on me and i would die. lol!!! :smileytongue: you no wut the say u can die tryin. i totally would. haha!!!
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Correspondent
dragon560

Luna93 wrote:
well i don't really know i luv all of my books. i would probaly try to take all of them then end up not makin it out in time then the house would collapse on me and i would die. lol!!! :smileytongue: you no wut the say u can die tryin. i totally would. haha!!!

ya, there a lot of people that have been saying things like that. so the question should have been: if your house was on fire, how much book can you bring out of your house before the house collapse.:smileyvery-happy:

dragons rock~
Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93

HAHA! ROTFL!!! yeah that totally should have been the question. hmm wonder how many books i'd be able to get out of my house before it collapsed. probaly not that many. LOL!! :smileytongue:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

Okay here's another.If your house was on fire what three things would you burn for because you couldn't live without them.Mine would be the teddybear I got when I was born who I named Pinky,my emerald necklace which I got for christmas from my rents last year,and my $600 dollar guitar. :smileyhappy: Or the picture of my sister and me in ballerina oufitts when we were four and five.
Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

there were some really bad wild fires in my state a few months ago and they weren't really near my house but my mom said that the wind was going to shift and if that happened then the fire would come straight for our house. so she told me to pack a bag. i went and found a big suitcase and put ALL of my books in it!! ha! that was a heavy suitcase.
I'm a book nerd.
I like making my friends into book nerds.
Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

Deathly hallows most deffinatly. !

Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

lol thats just funny, im wiccan and i read the bible it would deffinatly not be the book for me to bring, in all fairness it is a book , so why not discuss it.
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

if i had to choose, i would probably choose new moon. i LOVE the twilight series and i only have twilight, new moon, and breaking dawn. so i would choose new moon cuz i love jacob black and he's in it the most. hahahahaha
lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
Duncan-lover-4eva
0 Kudos

That is a very hard desicion lolz. I know that I will not be choosing twilight because I cannot and will not reread that book lolz I have to admit it was good but not that good. So the book I would bring * taps finger on chin *....I honestly wouldn't know, I have so many and why is the house burning anyway...first I would throw out the window alll the books I can get my hand on, then pack soome in a bag { like others }, then throw that out the window with somw vaulables, then take some money and my cat and jump out the window myself...before the house collapses. WHY is the house burning??????? It can possiblely be stopped
If you ever feel the need to wonder why.
Let me know
-Aaliyah