Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
ShyStar
0 Kudos

im lookin for a book and i need HELP

hey .. umm ... i need help i saw this book called dangerously alice... but it turns out that it was lyk d 20th book in a seirs and the series are old but i still want to read them ... so can you all help me find the 1st book?
the past is the past
what happened in it stays in it
if it comes out, theres a reason
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Re: im lookin for a book and i need HELP

hope this helps 

• The Agony of Alice (September 1, 1985) - 6th Grade (Alice moves from Takoma Park to Silver Spring and struggles to make friends in her new school. All the while she is dying for beautiful Miss Cole to be her teacher but later realizes its what's on the inside that counts.)
  • Alice in Rapture, Sort of (March 31, 1989) - Summer before 7th Grade (Alice, Pamela, and Elizabeth all get boyfriends.)
  • Reluctantly Alice (March 30, 1991) - Fall of 7th Grade (Alice tries to survive seventh grade and she deals with Denise Whitlock, the school bully.)
  • All but Alice (April 30, 1992) - Winter of 7th Grade Alice deals with the choice of popularity or being herself (The Famous Eight)
  • Alice in April (April 30, 1993) - Spring of 7th Grade (Alice tries to become Woman of the House, like Aunt Sally says she is becoming.)
  • Alice In-Between (March 1, 1994) - End of 7th Grade (Alice, Pamela, and Elizabeth get to take a trip to see Aunt Sally.)
  • Alice the Brave (May 1, 1995) - Summer before 8th Grade (Alice is afraid her friends will notice her fear of deep water.)
  • Alice in Lace (March 1, 1996) - Beginning of 8th Grade (Alice and Patrick pretend to be married as part of a school project.)
  • Outrageously Alice (May 1, 1997) - Fall of 8th Grade (Alice is tired of the monotony of life and dyes her hair green much to her father's dismay.)
  • Achingly Alice (June 1, 1998) - Winter of 8th Grade
  • Alice on the Outside (June 1, 1999) - Spring of 8th Grade (Alice explores the idea of prejudice.)
  • The Grooming of Alice (May 1, 2000) - Summer before 9th Grade (Alice, Pamela, and Elizabeth spend the entire summer trying to get perfect bodies for ninth grade.)
  • Alice Alone (May 1, 2001) - First semester of 9th Grade (Alice struggles with the idea of being single and the thought that Patrick likes another girl, Penny.)
  • Simply Alice (May 1, 2002) - Second semester of 9th Grade (Pamela and Elizabeth feel left out in Alice's life because Alice is always busy with high school stuff.)
  • Patiently Alice (May 1, 2003) - Summer before 10th Grade (Alice, Pamela, Elizabeth, and Gwen volunteer to be counselors together at a camp for troubled kids.)
  • Including Alice (May 1, 2004) - First semester of 10th Grade (Sylvia and Ben get married. Alice contemplates the value of social customs.)
  • Alice on Her Way (June 1, 2005) - Second semester of 10th Grade (Alice struggles with issues of sex, commitment, and responsibility. She also tries to get a driver's license and starts acting friendly with Sam Mayer but then exciting things happen and a life-changing experience happens for Sam Mayer.)
  • Alice in the Know (June 1, 2006) - Summer before 11th Grade (Alice gets a part-time job at the mall.)
  • Dangerously Alice (May 8, 2007) - First semester of 11th Grade (Alice tries to shed her "good girl" image by taking risks and becoming involved with an older boy.)
  • Almost Alice (June 18, 2008) - Second semester of 11th Grade (Alice and Patrick go to the prom and big changes for Pamela)
  • Intensely Alice (June 2, 2009) - Presumably the summer before 12th grade (the title is listed on the Simon & Schuster website).
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

There are also 3 prequels

• Starting With Alice (September 1, 2002) - 3rd Grade (Alice tries to deal with being the new girl when she, her dad, and Lester move to Takoma Park, Maryland after the store Alice's father works for transfers him to Maryland.)
  • Alice in Blunderland (September 1, 2003) - 4th Grade (Alice feels as though she can't escape her embarrassment.)
  • Lovingly Alice (September 1, 2004) - 5th Grade (Alice thinks that fifth grade is just one big joke.)
  • Contributor
    ShyStar
    0 Kudos

Thank You!!!!:smileyhappy:
    the past is the past
    what happened in it stays in it
    if it comes out, theres a reason
    Inspired Contributor
    Sarasvati
    0 Kudos

the ink trilogy, or pretty little liars

New User
    0 Kudos

A SUPER SUPER Good book would have to be Kissed by an angle.It is a good book it is 3 books in 1 and it has the perfect ammout of romance and suspence I would almost have to say its so so so close to being better than the twilight series:smileyhappy: