Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

kinda bored... any one want to do an add on wit me??

i'm in a writing kinda mood, been out of town for like EVER with nothing to do but entertain my little cousins..... so let's get to writing people!!

ooh and if you want there is an add on me and my friend started called add on and make it interesting.. but it's old and my firned had to quit B&N so if you wanna add on there it'd be cool cuz i never really got to get into it!!

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh

Re: kinda bored... any one want to do an add on wit me??

Whatcha want to write about?  Lol.  It seems that all the add ons are fantasy based.  (not that I have a problem with that)  But I'm seriously getting tired of vampires.  I'd even be happy with werewolves, just not vampires.  Haha. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

cooleo.
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Kyleigh

[ Edited ]

Ok so I guess I'll start. :smileyhappy: 

I glared at those who passed in front of me, hoping that my ice colored eyes would detere most of them.  People stood on the outskirts of the square gawking at me.  I made a point of ignoring them and burried my nose in my book.  It was very tattered with plenty of dog earred pages and a broken spine.  I had read it many times over.  It was one of the few books I owned, and I usually kept it with me at all times.  I was reading over one of my favorite passages when I heard stiffled laughter from across the square.  

I glanced up and then returned to my book.  It was just a bunch of stupid middle schoolers, come to see the wierd kid.  I scooted around on the edge of the fountain so that I was facing the cascading water.  Droplets of water wetted my pages but I didn't mind.  

The laughter grew louder. I scowled and grabbed my iPod from black messenger bag and firmly stuffed the headphones into my ears.  I turned up the volume full blast, trying to drown out the sounds of laughter.  I caught my reflection in the pool of water.  My whitish-blonde hair was straggled around my face, the tiny braids I had done this morning already unraveling.    My skinny frame was drowned in layers of fabric, most of it mismatched and discards from the Goodwill bin.  I turned away in disgust.  No wonder everyone stayed as far away from me as possible. I looked like a vagrant. 

A pair of Pumas suddenly entered my view.  I looked at the shoes and then up at the person who had so rudely invaded my personal space.   It was one of the stupid middle schoolers.  An athletic looking blonde who was flipping her outrageously long hair.  Her face was caked in too much make up. I'm surprised her face could even move to sneer down at me with all of that crap on her face.  She said something to me, but on account of my blasting music I didn't hear her.  I chose not to even grace her with a response and turned back to my book.  I had to admit I was a little shocked that she had gotten so close to me.  I wonder how much her friends had paid her.  

Her manicured hands suddenly shot out in front of me and snatched my book.  I ripped my headphones from my ears.  

"Give it back," I said, my voice a low gutteral growl.  I could feel my face flush with anger even as I spoke it.  Blondie just grinned.  

"I see that got your attention," she said smiling victoriously.   I had no desire to deal with her crap.  I pushed her hard in the chest, sending her reeling into the fountain.  I snatched my book out of her hands seconds before she hit the water and stormed off.  

Message Edited by Kyleigh on 06-10-2009 10:17 PM
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE

i watched her run off to her group of teeny-bopper friends. They all were as fake as she was. they're faces were plastered into gaping expressions, like they were worried their friend would have never come back from the dangerous journey into the freak girls space. I saw the one who'd come up to me flail her hands and stomp her feet, probably screaming about her hair, her make up and her new shoes. Egotistical little teeny-bopper.

All around the square people were staring. probably thinking it was my fault. that i had started it. that's what they always thought. The cute little girl would never start a fight, it just HAD to be the weird girl. It just HAD to be the different one. No one with nice clothes, and a pretty face would ever cause such nonsense.

but i was used to this. I was the freak girl. and i would always be blamed just because i didnt look like a barbie like everyone else in this town.

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Kyleigh

I shouldered my overflowing messenger bag.  My thick soled combat boots pounded on the cement, causing the pigeons to fly out of my way.  People around me gawked making me turn crimson with embarassment.  I let my long hair fall in front of my face, shielding me from their stares.  My bohemian skirt flowed furiously around my legs as I almost ran out of the square. 

I wasn't even looking where I was going, striding blindly into the crowd of spectators that had gathered.  I shoved past them, pushing with my bony shoulders.  The crowd quickly parted for me, not wanting to touch me.  

"That's her." The hushed whispers followed me out of the square.  My eyes blurred with tears.  Why were they so cruel?  There were plenty of other goth types at my school, but not one of them were taunted as much as I was.  A few tears ran down my face.  My eye liner was smudged for sure.  I didn't even bother trying to wipe it away.  Looking like a hair brained racoon would just confirm their perceptions that I was an outcast, someone not to have interactions with. 

Through my tears I didn't even see the person who was standing in front of me.  I slammed into them, sending both of us to the ground.  I landed with a huff as the wind was knocked out of me.  I managed to push myself up on my elbows and got a look at the unlucky person I had run into.  A girl about my age was glancing around with a pissed off look on her face.  Her wavy red hair was even wilder than mine.  Her bright green eyes glared around her before they landed on me.  She grinned, more teeth than an actual smile.  There was something feline about her that sent shivers down my spine.  I swear that the air around her started to shimmer.  I did a double take and blinked several times.  It must have been heat waves or something I thought.  

The girl pushed herself up off the ground more gracefully than I could ever have managed.  She sneered down at me, her green eyes narrowing as she took in my disheveled state.  I broke eye contact and reached for my bag.  I slung it around my neck and pushed myself sloppily from the ground.  People snickered at me as I brushed myself off.  

"Sorry," I mumbled.  "I didn't see you."  A confused look crossed her wild face.  She looked around her and then back at me.  

"You can see me?" she asked clearly perplexed.  

"Of course I can you bimbo," I said.  I didn't care how scarry this chick looked, she acted like a moron.  I pushed past her and kept walking my head ducked down.  

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

"Hey chick! Wait!" That crystal feline voice snapped, as a hand firmly gripped my wrist and spun me around.

"What!?" I said, jerking my arm back. Was she making fun of me?

"Who sent you?" She demanded with an evil glare in her eye.

"Who sent me? I dont know what you're problem is, but i dont need anyone making fun of me okay? I've already had enough mocking for today. Im going home."

"Um. No. You arent." she persisted, grabbing my wrist again and trying to pull me in the opposite direction. "You're gonna come with me."

"No." i said. stomping my feet into the cement.

sorry i cant really write long ones like you do!!!!

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

I pulled back, but the girl tighntend her grip. She dragged me with alarming sterngth and force, shoving me along the square. No longer aware of the gawing crowds around me I screamed at this popular preppy princess.

"Let me go!" I hollared, as I thrashed about in my captors firm grasp. "I said let me-"

THWACK

A sharp buring snesation reached my lip, gingerly I pressed my forefinger against it- and I felt hot blood smear across my mouth. The girl glared at me, her light brown hair, and a cascade of elegant curls, and deep eyes with a piercing fire in the center.

She leaned in very close.

"Listen," she hissed. "You will come with me, or you will be forced to remain here." She took one gaze at the cluster of Barbie Dolls who were still gathered by the fountain, and sneared. "You have not much of a choice." Her sharp nails dug menicingly into my pale skin, and a pin prick of blood rolled down my wrist.

"We could do pizza."
Kyleigh

I could feel fury raising it's ugly head inside me.  Who did this girl think she was.  I clamped down on her wrist tightly.  Her large eyes widened, making her seem even more alien. 

"Don't touch me ever again," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.  I could feel my anger radiate through my eyes.  My body was shaking from my utter outrage.    I pried off her hand on my wrist and pushed her away.  She looked too shocked to even try to stop me.  I turned away and pushed my way back through the square.  As quickly as my anger had come, it disappeared just as suddenly.   I was suddenly embarassed of my actions.  I had acted like one of those bitchy girls at my school, something I had promised I would never sink to.  The girl had brought out a side of me that rarely surfaced.  I shook my head trying to clear away my thoughts.  I just wanted to go home.  

_______

I pushed open my screen door roughly, the old frame creaking loudly.  The paint on my door was peeling off in long strips.  I absentmindedly picked off a curling piece of paint as I stuck my key into the lock.  The heavy oak door swung open it's hinges sliding smothly.  I smiled up at my handywork.  My repairs had done the house some good at least.  

I tossed my bag on our old futon.  Nora immediately came darting into the living room like a bat out of hell.   She jumped up into my arms and meowed at me pathetically.  

"What did you do now?" I asked scratching her ears.  

" Laurel!  That stupid cat of yours peed on the laundry again!" my dad screamed from downstairs.  I glanced down at Nora and flicked her nose. 

"Bad Nora," I said trying to be stern.  Nora turned her big blue eyes up at me and I immediately melted.  I scratched her under the chin and cursed her for being so darn adorable.  

"Laurel!" dad screamed again.  

"Stop leaving it sitting on the floor and she won't pee on it!" I shouted back.  My dad went silent, and I smiled victoriously.  My dad was horrible at doing laundry.  He started seperating the clothes and they always just ended up on the floor by the washer, never in it.   I could hear him thunkering up the stairs just as the washer started gushing water.  He emerged from the stair well, scratching his head.  His graying hair stuck up wildly.  He leaned on the door frame and folded his arms in front of his chest.  

"Nora I have a proposition to make," he said very seriously.  "I will stop leaving the laundry on the floor if you stop urinating on it.  Do we have an agreement?"  Nora blinked at him several times and then started cleaning herself.  Dad sighed.  

"I'm going to take that as a yes," he said rubbing the stubble on his chin.  I wondered when he last shaved.  "How was your day off?" he asked smiling mischeviously at me.  My smile evaporated off of my face.  "What happened?" dad asked suddenly solem.  

"Just the usual," I said lowering my gaze.  I hated relaying what everyone had done to me during the day.  "Some chick flipped out on me and drug me half way across the square."  Dad's eyebrows raised, asking me to continue.  

"She bugged out, asking who sent me and seemed totally astonished that I could see her.  She was a total whack job," I said setting Nora on the floor.  I brushed the hair off of my skirt and looked back at dad.  His eyes were wide and horrified.  His thin face looked gaunt and ashen.  It was as if he had seen a ghost.  

"Dad what's wrong?" I asked standing up from my chair.  

"Did she say anything else? Did she do anything strange?"  he asked sharply.  

"Other than grabbing me so hard that she drew blood, then no,"I said sarcastically showing him my wrist.  Dad looked like he was about to faint.  

"What's the deal?" I asked.  I had never seen my father like this.  He was so easy going and relaxed.  He seemed like a completely different person.  

"Nothing, just go upstairs ok.  I'll make supper," he said wiping away the sweat that had beaded on his forehead. 

"But-" 

"Laurel!" he said sharply.  I picked up my bag and ran up my stairs.  

Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

I stared at my own blood as it trickled down my wrist. There was something dangerous about her, I thought. There was no mean of escaping. She was tougher than me.

"Let me go," I whispered terrified.

She smiled an evil smile showing her fangs,"Never."

I started pulling away farther, farther and farther. He nails dugged deeper until touching my bone. I let out a cry of pain.

"I wouldn't if were you," she said. Dark red flashed in her eyes ,and she started smacking her lips as if thirsty.

Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

eek!not again! i'm so sorry i didn't notice!:smileysad:
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Hahaha.  It's ok.  :smileyhappy:  I do that ALL the time.  Do you want to use yours or mine? 
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

As i slammed my door behind me, i let out a sigh of relief. at least i was home now. Safe. No barbie doll girls making fun of me. No phsyco  girls clawing me to death. Just Dad, Nora, and my little haven enclosed in four black walls. A Kill Hannah poster stared back at me as i flopped down on my old bed.

What a weird day. i thought. Who was that girl? And why did she remind me of a tiger? And why did my Dad freak out about her? Usually when i told my dad about the girls who'd gotten to me, he just patted my head and said "It doesnt matter what they think, Laurel."

but this time, this girl, was different. My deep thoughts were interupted by Nora jumping up next to me. I absently scratched her head. after a few seconds, Nora's neck hair bristled up. "What is it girl?" my cat stood up and leapt to the window hissing up a angry storm.

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

"Nora," I groaned, not wanting to deal with her mood swings.  She continued hissing and scratching at the glass.  She was acting very wierd, well wierder than normal.  She didn't like strangers very well but this was an extreme case of craziness for my cat.  I rolled off of my bed and stood next to the window trying to see what was making Nora so crazy. 

There was nothing there.  Just the apple tree next to my window, it's blossoms starting to bloom.   I looked at Nora skeptically.  Even my cat had gone crazy.  I looked back at the tree again and saw a blossom twitch.  I scrutinized the branch.  It was probably just the wind, I thought.  The blossom twitched again, though this time I noticed that none of the other blossoms were moving.  There was no wind outside today.  Nora's hissing got louder.  She suddenly lept from the window seal and ran under my bed.  I shoved my window up, struggling against the old frame.  I finally pried it up enough to get my upper body out of the window.  I reached out towards the blossom that had moved, stretching my fingers.  

(Ok so I have to get off the computer sadly.  :smileysad:  I was on a roll.  Feel free to add on to this stretch, even though I'm not quite finished.  *I'm kind of leaning towards Faye stuff.*  I'm trying to stay away from vampires.  Lol.   I think faeries are like the coolest thing since sliced bread, but that's just me.  Lol.  Oh and I LOVE Kill Hannah!  That is sooo wierd!  ) 

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

oh my god that's soo cool. Kill Hannah is like in my top five of fav. bands!!!!

ive loved them for liek ever!!! seriously since i was like in fifth grade!!

also i love Fey. i'm writing a book about it. they are my fav!! i mean i dont know if you notcied but im like WICKED LOVELY all the time!!

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Wicked Lovely is AMAZING!  I love Melissa Marr!  She's an amazing author!  Seth is like one of my favorite male characters ever!  Lol. 
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

i know right? but the thing is (and i know you might hate me for it) but i'm kinda leaning towards Keenan on the whole Seth vs. Keenan thng. but Seth still has some chance. it's like 75% Keenan and 25% Seth
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

Just then something smacked my outstretched hand, like a mother slapping a child's fingers away from the cookie jar. Just then the fiery feline girl appeared on the branch. "Paws off." She hissed. I gasped and flew backwards.

"What are you doing at my house?!" I demanded. "Do you need something!?"

"Yea. You to stop freaking out." She said as she leapt into my room with one fluid motion. she reminded me a lot of Nora.

"it's a little hard to not freak out when a girl who reminds me of a cat is stalking me!!" i threw my hands in the air, and scowled at the girl. she was now striding around my room looking at all my stuff.

"You don't like color do you?" she asked sarcastically, pulling at her almost pink hair.

"Will you just leave?" I asked pointing towards the window. As i said this Nora let out a growl of appreciation. "You remind me of her." i said refering to the cat growls.

"No." she replied matter of factly, ignoring the cat comment, as she flopped down on my bed. she stared upwards. "But i have to admit i like your taste in guys. Guyliner. Now that's yummy."

"What are you DOING here?" i asked in a high screaming voice. this chick was demented. who did she think she was? prancing into my room like this, as if she owned the place.

Suddenly her face bcame serious, in half a second she was crouched in a defensive psition on my bed, she stalked towards me on all fours. i gulped down fear.

Normally this would have looked like an odd thing. I'd think a person was a lunatic if they strated walking on all fours. but this girl, it looked lke it was natural like it was how she was suppose to walk. she reached me and got right up in my face.

"You know why i remind you of a cat?"

i gulped again staring back into her eyes. "Why?" i whispered.

"Because i am one." she said menacingly, and as she stared at me her pupil's shrunk into little slits. the eyes of a cat.

sorry if its not what you were going for or if its bad, you can change it if you want.

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Gasp!  But Seth is hottness!  Well at least in my head. Lol.  There's something about tall dark and pierced that just hot.  Lol.  Keenan's ok, I just tend to not like golden boys.  Haha. 

OH and I LOVED the guyliner thing.  That made me laugh.  ^.^ 

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

LOL. i'm glad you thought it was funny!!

i mean i'm all for Seth he is totally my type, in fact he sounds like he looks like my boyfriend!!

but i jsut like Keenan because with him everything would be so much easier. it be good for the Summer Court, and thats why. but seriously i'm not saying i dont love me some Seth.