Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

Re: kinda bored... any one want to do an add on wit me??

ill continue

after finishing my lunch, i made my my oustside school grouds where everyone was mostly huddled up i thier own groups doing there own thing, i walkend past a bench and coincidentally lea and a few other wannabe biatches sat there with her, most likley dissing every girl that came to mind, i kept my head down, and prayed they wouldnt notice me, they didnt, but i couldnt help myself, i caught camille staring at me, i just stood there, there seemed something familliar at that moment, that she had turned into that camile i once new, but then she blinked and i saw her hardness return, and met me with a scowl , i rushed past a crowd, and found myself n the middle of a brewng fight, i recognised her immediatly, the petite figure of Anne who had been picked on since she arrived at this schol, at one point we decided that wed stick together, since we were the most popular to be picked on, hey twos better than 1,and it worked, less people approched us, and we became more confident in our arguments, but then she left for a vacation out of nowhere, leaving me vaunrable, and with double the enimies to dodge, by the tme she arrived, i was briused and had broken two fingers... i never talked to her after that

she had chesnut brown hair, big blue eyes, she was a pretty girl, it was just her clothing, her family was strugling was the gossip, were really friendly people, but her clothes made her a victim, always had a hole weather it was her tops or jeans or jacket, her parents had won a holiday and had taken the oportunity striaghtaway, if i had known her circumstances, i might have given her a seconed chance, but after my beatings i didnt have much room to sympathize with other,

i saw camille approching the crowd, and saw why, the person anne was fighting was, mel she was the tough one in the group being on the rough side, and known for kicking a few heads in was one of the reasons people avoided lea, but this was unmatched, mal against anne didnt stand a chance, heck noone did, Anne was on the floor at this point droplets of blood trickling of her forehead, i watched as mel's boot connected to her ribs again.. and again.. i stood frozen i dont think anyone had seen this sorta violence up to date, there was a nasty rumour going on that , brian had the hots for Anne of course people took them as cruel jokes since he hung with the likes of felix, and everyone new, mel had a thing for him since first year, this was bad.....  and i couldnt seem to move

"mel hey  that rat aint woth it, lets go" yelled camille across the crowd,

everyone grew silent, waiting for an answer

"you heared what brian sed, that **** is gunna get it, she messed with the wrong girl"

camille had nothing to say to that athough her group looked at her, for leadership advice... she had none and walked away, lea in particular hesitated, looking a anne one last time, maybe from pity? but one glace was all it took, as mel boots connected with annes head, and suddenly a cry escaped so heartbrakng, so full of pain, i could hear girls sobbing, that might have noticed this girl anne, and new she wasnt in the wrong, that she was a victim, i noticed felix and kyle standing together, and wasnt suprise he was one of them now, both had grim expression but didnt look like they were going to act soon if at all, 

mel grabbed her by her hair and started parading her like a rag doll,  when i felt something at the heel of my shoe, a urge, a very big urge, to connect my shoe with mels jaw until it collapsed, i didnt have control of the next few mins, i new i was running towards mel, screaming like a lunatic as every head tunred towards me, and at those last moments i locked eyes with kyle and felix shock registered on thier faces, and then i did the first thing i never thought id do, i fought to the end, even though id never been able to stick up for myself... i stuck up for anne

hope you like it :smileyhappy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

YES ! I'm just glad someone decided to write!  I was only going to continue on by myself if no one didn't contribute any more!  I'm gonna add on!  Woot!  Thank you Blueicegal!  (I'm answering a crap ton of mail so I'll add on in a few) 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I spun around and slammed my combat boots into Mel's jaw, sending her sprawling to the ground.  She looked up at me in shock, though I don't think she could rival the shock I was feeling from myself.  Had I truly just kicked Mel bad-ass Jones in the jaw? 

"You meddling little b****!" she shouted lunging for me.  I side stepped her easily, my long skirts swirling around me.  She about crashed into the ring of spectators surrounding us.  She turned back around at me, fury clouding her eyes.  A sudden calmness came over me, even though I should have been terrified.  I felt poised and ready for anything.  I found that I was walking around Mel in a circle taunting her to charge.  She leaped at me again.  There was nothing but rage behind her.  No technique, no plan, just anger.  That was her first mistake, I thought to myself.  I didn't step out of her way.  I let her come charging at me.  Moments before she came hurtling toward me and stepped to the side and threw out my arm.  She was knocked off her feet and fell to the ground moaning.  I had completely close lined her, and I was pretty sure I had knocked the wind out of her.  She was down and out at least for a while.  

I walked over to Anne who was still on the ground looking up at me with shock.  I held out my hand.  She hesitated for just the slightest moment and then took my hand.  

"Thanks Laurel," she said wiping the blood away from her split lip.  

"No problem," I said shrugging it off.  It was so unusual for people to speak to me, let alone thank me that I really didn't like to dwell on it.  "You ok?" I asked.  She nodded quickly.  

"Just a few bruises," she said grinning slightly.  She cringed as she did so.  I could already see a huge bruise beginning to form on the side of her face.  

"Come on let's get you to the nurse," I said grabbing onto her arm gently.  I didn't even have to yell at anybody to move out of the way.  They parted for us as if I was death itself.  I saw Kyle looking at me with a mixture of concern and awe.  Beside him Felix was looking at me with complete revulsion.  Maybe Kyle wasn't completely one of them just yet.  

"I can't believe you just beat the sh** out of Mel Jones," Anne whispered.  "Most jocks are afraid of her.  And your just so tiny," she said whincing as she grinned.  I couldn't help but grin back.  I felt a swelling of pride under neath my chest.  I hated violence, but nonetheless I couldn't help feeling proud of myself.  I didn't start the fight, I said to myself.  I just finished it.  

I saw a shimmer of wings out of the corner of my eye.  Clarissa was grinning at me mischieviously.  She clearly approved of my actions.  I smiled back at her, not caring whether or not anybody saw.  

"Laurel?" Anne asked suddenly.  

"Ya?" 

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry for what happened in the past.  I missed you alot," she said quietly.  I smiled weakly.  

"I missed you too Anne."  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

that was good glad we got this thread going again cz its a great story :smileyhappy:

as we made our way to the nurse me still holding Anne upright as she seemed to weak to stand herself was a sorry sight, but the secret nods and thumbs up didnt go unnoticed, even steven, from my biology class yeslled "laurel rocks" with a lopsided grin, and returned him with a faint smile becuase my heart wasnt in it, so this was how me and anne could only earn respect, by fighting? whilst others were born with it weather due to intelligence or beauty.. it jst didnt seem fair Annes breathing became shallow i started to panick, but listened closer and realised she was snoring, poor anne the fight must have take alot out of her, knocking on the nurses office and nodding in understanding she took anne from my hands and closed the door behined her, the fight had taken alot of of me to and found a cosy chair to collapse on. i must have fallen asleep becuase i could hear faint distance voices, caling my name, but i tried to ignore them, by waving them away, "go awofep" were the words i belive i made out, which resulted in laughter and sniggers, and then it struck me coz i recognised that maniac laugh anywhere and bolt up, causing the blanket layed on me to fall

"felix"? i asked adjusteing my eyes, and there he was, standing opposite me, with kyle and lea....

"you know your kinda cute when your snoring" he said with a sly grin

"what the.. what are you guys doing here" i scoweled to make it known they wernt welcome

"oh you know had to make sure our little fighter was ok, not to mention the if anne was capable of walking" replied felix with what looked like a friedly grin.. someone gimme a bucket i prefered the mean felix this was to much, kyle just seemed to be looking at me with knowing eyes which i ignored it was to late for sorrys or anything i was over him and any friendship we might have had, what caught my attention was lea with a scowl acting like this was the last place shed rarther be, i couldnt help but grin, she was in big trouble if lea and the others found out, she was probably thinking the same thing, becuase i noticed the grin she treid to hide as she looked away, i had seen that she had been genunily worried for Anne but was helpless, but had possibly found new respect for me, becuase i was helpless to, only i didnt let it rule me.. i ruled it. 

"is she gunna be ok" asked lea 

"i dont see whyd you care, infact why are you even here" it was important that she wasnt here to provide her group info but becuase she genuinly wanted to be here, there was no room for fake people, to bad most of them already were

"i just wanna see if shes ok, is that to hard to believe you freak" yup there was the old lea but her words didnt hurt me this time, maybe becuase i knew shed said them becuase she felt ashamed

"you crnt blame her, its my first day and ive already noticed how you guys treat others its aint cool, its sickeing" said kyle turnig away with disgust

i noticed felix looking at me that moment maybe remembering when hed insulted me for simpy falling besides him on the bus and instead of helping me he humiliated me, i dont know if id ever get over that, the sense of betreyal... he must have seen it in my eyes to becuase he looked down, never had i seen him show shame but he had today and i was glad, becuase knowing and then admiting you had done wrong were the first parts of an healing process and we were all healing today, becoming new people,  me becoming stronger, the others finally realisng there wrongs, all linked to one person... Anne had brought us all together in one room, not as enemies but as something i wasnt completely sure of yet , this was a new beggining for al of us....

whoes next :smileyhappy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Gah!  I really want to write but I have to go to work.  As soon as I'm done I'll write back!  Promise!
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

i didnt really have the patientce to sit anymore so decided to stand like the others my back against the door, when i felt the door push forward making me fall flat on my face with a thud

"wtf"!!!! i screamed

i turned around to see brian all red face full of anger looking venamous, and he was about to do something i think alot of us have been wating for, for a very long time, kick the crap outa felix, only i wasnt sure why.. he had him by the collar knuckles going white becuase of his tight hold,  felix didnt fight back for some reason, just looked away , it was a shock they were best friends but felix didnt take crap of anyone but he was doing today

" you let that b**** touch Anne  you let her beat the crap out of her, you knew didnt you, why didnt yo tel me, i should have known" he scowled the anger becoming clearer and clearer, there was obviouslly something behined this i had missed, so using my hands to steady myself i got up and asked

"what are you talking about brian"  he turned towards me and i saw his face soften, and started making his way towards me until he was mere inches from my face, i wanted to run away.. scream even i wasnt used to being so close to anyone... ever, but he didnt stop there he put his arms around me, and took deep breaths

"thank you" he wispered and took a step back

"Mell asked me that her sister was in trouble, she ddint explain, just said that she needed my help,  and then burst into tears, i didnt know what to do, and everyone was looking at me like i was supposed to do soemthing, so  headed to her house, i had to ask for directions, since she didnt tell me the exact place i guess i now why now, to buy her more time, lea, camille, they just sat there, felix here just sat talking to kyle, when i called him, he wouldnt lock at me, i guess i know why now, next thing i know i hear mel, got Anne, and here i am" he finished standing beside me giving accusing glares at the others

"yeh he prectically knocked the door down when he came, ordered the nurse to let him see Anne" said lea i was suprised to see that her voice wasnt mocking but soft

"how  could you not tell me man, your the guy i trust.. used to anyway, and you let me down, you knew how into her i was, that this wasnt no little crush no physicall crap, you know how long ive liked her for, how i felt, but you let me down bro" his voice had lost its edge, it was soft almost as if defeated had a sadness to it, and i realised he was done with felix ... with the lot of em, felix might have noticed to, coz he took a step towards him

"look it wasnt none of our buisness, it wasnt like anyone jumped in it was one on one" he said as though it justifies anything

"man you seen mel, she aint got no boundries shes a flipin maniac, and anne? who would never hurt a fly who just minds her own buisness... no felix you messed up, and you aint worth s*** to me, dont ever call me bro again" he said with a sly grin his eyes flaming, and found my self shivering, back a few years brian had been like felix, but more ruthless, hed caused alot of wars between people, been apart of more, but two years ago hed sorted himself out, he just came in class one day and had a calmness about him, noone new what had influenced him, even felix didnt seem happy he was like a hero to him, now that hero had gone, but i had my guesses.. 2 years?? Anne was a lucky girl alright but that moment the old brian shone threw, and felix faced him dead on, encouragin the old brian to face him, they had both  thirsted for blood once, and now that friendship was no more, felix wanted blood

i saw lea, shivering slightly, her eyes showed horror, she obviously wasnt aware what these two had once been like, kicking  peopels heads in, carrying bats, when brian settled down, felix had to but never completely, either they fought for blood or backed down.. it was now or never

"no man i aint like that no more, your ma best mate man i aint gunna do this" said felix his handsome face set in grim line looked away

but brian was still flaring daring him to hit him, but right that moment Ane stepped out, with the most beautiful smile.. it was almost contagious making us all brighton up abit little by little, felix' features seem to relax instantly, as he made his way towards Anne 

Fantasy4eva
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Anne paused at the sight of us.  We probably made a very odd group, the tension clearly visible in the air. 

"Uhm is everything ok?" she asked her eyes searching mine.  She looked at everybody slowly.  She stopped when she saw Brian, and her grin just got wider.  Brian didn't even say anything.  He scooped her up in his arms and planted a kiss on her lips.  Anne seemed to melt in his arms.  I felt a hint of jealousy.  I wish I could be with someone who made me go weak at the knees.  That of course wasn't going to happen any time soon.  When the two of them finally came up for air, Anne had tears in her eyes she was so happy.  

"I'm so sorry," Brian whispered hugging her closely.  

"There's no need to apologize.  It wasn't your fault," Anne said smiling up at him.  They looked into each others eyes, as if the rest of us weren't here.  It was like they were speaking to each other without saying a word.  They truly had a connection.  It was a shame that all these years neither of them had taken the first leap.  

Lea coughed quietly, snapping the two of them back to reality.  "Sorry to break up the love fest," she said.  I rolled my eyes. Lea was as snooty as ever. "Anne we just wanted to say that we're sorry we didn't step in and do something.  You know how Mel gets, she is pretty scarry when she's in a rage.  I guess we all just kind of froze."  There was no hint of condescendance in her voice. She was utterly sincere.  

Anne smiled at her.  "Thanks Lea, it means alot.  Thankfully Laurel here didn't freeze up," she said turning her smile on me.  I felt myself go crimson.  I did not like attention at all, and now I had nothing but it.  I waved her off.  

"I honestly don't know what got into me.  I'm about as violent as a kitten," I said playing with my long hair.  Anything to occupy myself so I wouldn't have to make eye contact.  I suddenly felt arms clamp down around me.  With a shock I realized that Anne was hugging me.  

"Well your one brave kitten," she said.  I found myself hugging her back.  I had truly missed her company.  She was a good person, and she had always been a good friend to me.  Looking back, I realized that it was me who broke off the friendship, not Anne.  I truly regretted that decision now, but maybe this was the first steps in making amends.  

"Laurel Manson please report to the principals office immediately," the intercom buzzed.  

"Oh just great," I muttered releasing Anne.  

"We will totally vouch for you Laurel," said Anne.  Everybody else nodded in agreement.  

"Don't worry about it," I said waving goodbye.   

BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

i made my way down to the principels office, why wasnt mel being summoned?, i knocked twice really loud just to annoy her,

"come in, and try not to damage the door" said the bored voice of miss lord, her hair always in a elegant updo, had a delicate nose and soft face, but was full of wrinkles which showed her true age she must have been around 50, but none the less she always exumed elegence, but had this habbit of talking like she was utterly bored, i wasnt sure if she new she was doing it, i dared not to explain it was half the reason noone took her seriously

"you can sit down laurel" she said with a slight smile, i sighed in relief it couldnt be to bad

"i belive you had a fight with Mel she asked with a arched brow

"well er... urm.." was my reply

"well did you or not" he patience was growing weary, not such a good thing

"yeh i did" i answered quickly

"from what i heared it was to protect anne, was it not, a friend of yours"

"yeh she was beating her pretty bad and none was stepping in.."

"its ok laurel i understand you see Mel has been exluded for 2 weeks" she said with a girlish grin

"what you serious no way!!" but then it dawned on me and my heart sank

"oh dont worry your not in trouble we have it all on camera and from what ive seen she got her just deserved, for anne , she didnt stand a chance" she said with sympathy

"no she didnt" i said quietly becuase even though she was exluded and anne now had friendsto support her , she was just one of the million victims out there that turned out good, people commited scuicide becuase of bullying, killed others, became lost and outsiders like me, anne was one of the lucky ones, noticing my scilence, she coughed arkwardly

"you may go now laurel, stay out of harms way and remmeber we all have our problems and crnt always be there for others" she said wisely and i knew shed probably seen me bullied or called a freak, she was right of course i had my own problems anne would be ok i needed to learn to stick up for myself , making my way to my locker, i saw kyle and lea kissing without a care, her back presed to the wall, i could barely belive what i saw, his hands roaming all over her, i felt  sick... but sad, how could i hate them, when they were both trying to become better people but a voice inside me screamed, i knew him first!! but it was to late for that whatever we had gone through today must have brought them closer, what other reason could there be, it was his first day for gods sake!, i saw camille walk past with her gang, all staring at lea with grins, for bagging the new boy, lea hardly noticed them and i saw the change in her, she wasnt about to leave her group but would speak out more, i noticed her and kyle at lunch sitting with brian and Anne, and felix and suprisingly they seemed like old freinds, it was to late to join them they had all become familliar with each other, i would be intruding ....  loner i was and prefered it that way... thats what i told myself anyway and made myself belive, as i turned away from the scene and went outside to find a spot to sit and have my lunch in scilence

Fantasy4eva
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I plopped down underneath my favorite tree and pulled out my lunch.  I ate my left over spaghetti cold, spinning it around on my fork.  I set a few pieces aside for Clarissa knowing that she would be near by.  Sure enough she flitted over and gobbled up the strands I had left for her.  I couldn't help but grin.  Clarissa was so childlike sometimes, and at others she seemed wise beyond her years. 

"Why do you like pasta so much?" I asked before shoving another bite into my mouth.  Clarissa licked the last scraps of sauce off her fingers before answering.  

"Some people crave chocolate or hashbrowns or even coffee.  I just crave spaghetti," she said shrugging her tiny shoulders.  I guess that made sense.  I was one of the chocolate cravers.  If I felt bad after a particularly horrible day of taunting I took refuge in my secret stash of chocolate.  I held out a few more pieces for her.  She took them happily and set about munching on them.  

"So the human has some back bone after all," came Elaine's sharp voice from behind me.  I turned around and saw her staring down at me, a smirk planted across her pointed face.  

"I only did what was right," I said ignoring her.  I didn't feel like trading insults with Elaine right now, the sting of being abandoned once again was still fresh in my mind.  

"She was amazing!" Clarissa exclaimed flying around my head.  

"Oh I saw alright," Elaine said.  I could tell just by the tone of her voice that she was staring at me intently.  I glanced behind me and sure enough her disturbing eyes were narrowed at me.  

"What?" I asked sharply.  I didn't appreciate her glaring at me.  I already felt like crap, I didn't need her adding onto it.  

"You move surprisingly fast for a mortal," she said her eyes suddenly turning to slits.  "Very fast."  I suddenly felt goosebumps raise up along my skin.  Elaines eyes were giving me the creeps and what was she rambling about anyway?  

"Whatever Elaine, just stop looking at me wierd," I said and took a swig of water.  

"Who's Elaine?"  I choked on my water and spit it out.  Coughs rocked my lungs.  I pounded on my chest trying to get the water out.   I felt someone hit my back trying to help me out.  When I was finally able to breathe again I turned to see Anne squating beside me.  

"Jesus Christ Anne you scared the crap outta me!" I said, my voice raw.  

"Sorry," she said, "It's just I saw you sitting over here all alone and I thought maybe I could keep you company."  

"Oh," I said, trying desperately not to look at Elaine or Clarissa.  I didn't need Anne thinking I was crazy.  

"Were you talking to someone?" she asks looking around.  

"No!" I practically shout. Anne jumped slightly at the sudden raise in my voice. "Just myself," I said weakly.  Like talking to myself was better.  "Well just thinking aloud I guess."  That was slightly better but still highly unbelieveable.  Luckily Anne didn't really seem to care.  

"Oh well, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out sometime," she said grinning at me.   I froze, unable to move.  Did she really just ask if I wanted to hang out.  Hang out as in watch a movie, sleepover, or even just go to the mall.  I felt my throat close choking off my response.  I hadn't "hung out" with anyone for years now. The concept of it was so foreign to me that I almost said no straight away.  I nodded slightly and managed to gasp out a quick ya.  

"Cool, how about tomorrow night?" Anne said, unaware of my inner turmoil.  "I got movie passes and I figured we could hang out at the mall for a bit, ya know, catch up and all." 

"Sure sounds great," I said surprised at myself.  Maybe Anne and I would be friends after all.