Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
CrunkQt
0 Kudos

new. self proclaimed bookworm. need suggestions!

Hi guys, I have been checking out these boards for a while now.. but figured I'd finally sign up. I'm sure you are all sick of suggestions for other members, but I figured I'd give it a try!

I'm halfway through New Moon, and am in love with the Twilight Saga and what I've read thus far. So basically, I'm asking for suggestions...

The Twilight series is the first book I've ever read dealing with vampires, and sci-fi stuff of that nature. I've read the Gossip Girl series, some Sarah Dessen books (I believe that's her name?), a couple Jodi Picoult books (ie - my sisters keeper and nineteen minutes) . I find that with Twilight and with Gossip Girl I wasn't able to put the books down! I flew through them.. and well, I like getting sucked into a good book!

I've also read things that you'd cover in school, all those classics, Steinbeck, The Great Gatsby, blah blah blah. I'm looking for current stuff. fun stuff! :smileyhappy:

So I was wondering if any of you would share your favorite books that you get "sucked" into. I'm a sucker for romance and stuff like that! Doesn't have to be vampire-ish.. but just something GOOD! Thanks alot!

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

Re: new. self proclaimed bookworm. need suggestions!

i just read airhead and i'd tell you i love you but then i'd have kill you, both are really good. i hope it helps:smileyhappy:
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Eon:  Dragoneye Reborn I thought was very very good.  And I got sucked into it very fast.  Feel free to check out my library, most of it's fantasy but there's a few that's not.  Lol. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Frequent Contributor
dwrbrame
0 Kudos

Ok i ahve read a few books that i would recomend

• Sarah Dessen - definately carry on with her
  • Ravens Gate series is prety good by antony horrowitz
  • Jimmy Coats - they are a a little diferent but give them a chance
  • Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman, very good books, personal favourtie of mine
  • continue with the twilight series
  • Brisingr is good if you want fantasy and action
  • the Girls out late series by Jaqueline Wilson is also worth a read - her other books aren't so good

Hope this helps!

Darkness can be far more stimulative than light
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

CrunkQt wrote:

I'm halfway through New Moon, and am in love with the Twilight Saga and what I've read thus far. So basically, I'm asking for suggestions...

The Twilight series is the first book I've ever read dealing with vampires, and sci-fi stuff of that nature. I've read the Gossip Girl series, some Sarah Dessen books (I believe that's her name?), a couple Jodi Picoult books (ie - my sisters keeper and nineteen minutes) . I find that with Twilight and with Gossip Girl I wasn't able to put the books down! I flew through them.. and well, I like getting sucked into a good book!

So I was wondering if any of you would share your favorite books that you get "sucked" into. I'm a sucker for romance and stuff like that! Doesn't have to be vampire-ish.. but just something GOOD! Thanks alot!

I would suggest the Night World series by L. J. Smith

Also,  The Vampire Diaries series by L. J. Smith.

L.J. Smith is one of my favorite authors. I have read the Night Worls series and it is wonderful. I have not read the Vampire Diaries (I got it for Christmas but still havn't had a chance to read it!) but I have heard millions of comments saying how well written and how amazing the books are! So, go read them! You won't regret it!

Books are red

Books are blue

Now leave me alone with my books

Before I kill you! ~Myself!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Contributor
mistressofdark
0 Kudos

Well, one of my all times favorite books is impulse by Ellen Hopkins, i've read it 3 or four times i think and first time i read it i finished it in just three days...

Also, if you like Stephenie Meyer you can try the host it's a really nice book, very interesting and original..

The Summoning is a good book too..

Hope i helped :smileytongue:

Kriss: I dunno maybe she's annoyed.
Rin: A noid? What the Hell is that?
Kris: ...Annoyed?
Rin: Right what is it? I've never heard of a noid before.
Kris: *Sigh*
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

The Gemma Doyle trilogy has romance, fantasy and Victoriana.

All the King's Men is classic, with no fluff.

Pretty Little Liars is Gossip Girl meets suspense...a true rarity.