Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

perfect chemistry by simone elkeles

Perfect Chemistry  

this book is so good. i got it last night and read it straight through, reading until 5 am. I really enjoyed this book. its a teen read and it was very deep and just, great. i wanted to tell somebody about this book so there ya go. its copyrighted 2009

its a definite great read- awesome!

have any of you read it/ want to?

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Contributor
ali_catt
0 Kudos

Re: perfect chemistry by simone elkeles

I read it and I also thought this was a great book! I couldn't stop reading it once I started! It was great!

you make my headlights burst from witnessing your utter radiance
~K
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

I added it to my wish list yesterday. have you guys seen the "trailer" it's pretty funny

Correspondent
Tenrbe
0 Kudos

I read it and loved it too. I think there's going to be a sequel to it coming out next year.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

yeah there is goin to be a squeqeul- its carlos's story, called rules of attraction. comes out in april

Frequent Contributor
Evermore13
0 Kudos

I debated getting this book.... What exactly is it about? And is it a romance?:smileyhappy:

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Here's the synopsis,

A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more. In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i saw this book and i wasnt gonna get it but on the back they had an excerpt:

"Miss Ellis?" Mrs Peterson says. It's your turn. Introduce Alex to the class.”

“This is Alejandro Fuentes. When he wasn’t hanging out on street corners and harassing innocent people this summer, he toured the inside of jails around the city, if you know what I mean. His secret desire is to go to college and become a chemistry teacher, like you, Mrs. Peterson.”

Brittany flashes me a triumphant smile, thinking she’s won this round. Guess again, gringa

.         “This is Brittany Ellis,” I say, all eyes now focused on me. “This summer she went to the mall, bought new clothes so she could expand her wardrobe, and spent her daddy’s money on plastic surgery to enhance her, ahem, assets Her secret desire is to date a Mexicano before she graduates.”

Game on... 

i couldnt resist after i read it

New User
DedicatedReaderAJ
0 Kudos

OMG you need not to debate get the book..... Its a romeo and Juliet classic with a twist about the teen world today it really gives you a new perspective  on how you view people and yes there romance thats basically whats its all about!!! hope you enjoy it.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i know i know. but i thought it would be just another romeo and juliet nower days...

this book is sooo good, you have to read it!

it just have a twist and the gang really puts things into perspective...

i for one rooted for alex the whole book...he was deff a good guy in a bad situation( well almost the whole book, in the beginning i was iffy)

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

I read it and thought the book was awesome! I also could not put it down. The author's other books are also very good. I'm in the process of reading Leaving Paradise right now, and so far it is just as good as Perfect Chemistry.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Frequent Contributor
OhSabrinaaa
0 Kudos

l loved this book!(: Absolutley amazing and like no other romance I've ever read!

"So I'm burning the thoughts of the things that I once said, because you tore down the walls that the world has put inside my head."
-The Rocket Summer