Frequent Contributor
_melissa
0 Kudos

Re: self image

Cheyenne_Catina

I am a Boo Radley too (which is only a clever metaphor if you have read To Kill a Mocking Bird) in the sense that i am not verbally or physically imposing. I dunno if you agree, but loneliness now will be worth it when you meet that one man that you can pour your heart out on. You are worth waiting for so do not compromise just so you can be comforted that you are not the only one without a boyfriend. I do not have a boyfriend so you are not alone. If you get discouraged i am here for conversation.

"Everything had looked different-too sharp, too real. Even my own hands looked different."
-Atonement
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

thanks.

well my lifestyle chang is failing miserably...

and yes i doo get the boo radley reference( i read the book, well most of it, lol)

well there are two guys who have a crush on me-but i dont want to go out with either of them- and one is likke a kid brother, and the other one is just annoying. know what i mena. i don wanna hurt either of them. but yeah..

and th one guy( annoying) read into some stuff..like me talking to him..for interest

what should i do?

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
_melissa
0 Kudos

It is flattering to know that you are attractive to others, but do not bother to entertain thoughts of accepting  if you do not like him(annoying or brotherly). Continue being their friend and censor your behaviors so you do not somehow imply the false(that you are attracted to them). They are in very vulnerable states so do not say or do anything that might be hurtful. Be direct about how you feel about them do not tease them psychologically. I am not sure if their yearnings are subtle or irrevocable so only time will tell. Hope this helps. 

"Everything had looked different-too sharp, too real. Even my own hands looked different."
-Atonement
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

yeah it helpe.d. the whole overview you jsut said helped me focus a little more on the overall picture and wha ti have to do

thanks

Frequent Contributor
_melissa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You're welcome.

-Atonement
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

so i tihnk ive said this bfore but im coming to slowly change my opinion of myself.

and now im actaully doing something! i have lifting for volleyball twice a week. and then on sundays i have open gyms for volleyball- and that my three days od excersice.

then i have wii fit that i can play sometimes...and winterguard is starting soon.

i just wanna say that i am pathettically out of shape(still).

i played about an hour of wii tennis and could barely move myarm two days later!

and yesterday i had my first lifting dayt and  at first i wasnt sore but now i sure am!

and since its the new year one of my resolutions is to get physically fit- i only drink water and no sweets.

i gotta say its tough(im on my 4 day, started monday)

ok...yeah.lol

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I wrote a while ago and I have kinda changed my mind about things. I dont really care if I have a boyfriend or if any boys like me. I realize the time will come and I'll know when that time is. I am tring to be more confident about myself and since I am in 8th grade I have like a year till high school till i can break from my shell like someone else said. Well I have been maintaining a healthy weight but the thing is I am doing a lot of of sports in order to make this possible. So i have changed my mind about a lot of things since my past post.

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

I am new to this posts, but I do have an opinion on this , book worms dont tend to have a lot of friends, but the friends they have are awesome, trust me personal experience lol. You dont have to go looking for more friends than the ones you have, I am happy with my current friends because they understand me and I can talk about books and not seem like I'm speaking in another language. Boyfriends and girlfriends will come when they have to dont try to get one just to fill in an image , be happy just like you are and continue on reading.

"Society does not always embrace unique, which is why on the journey of life, just find someone as normal as you. If not a whole bunch"

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

ok i realize that i dont need a boyfriend to make my life complete....

tho that doesnt stope that feeling y'know?

o well be patient my friend, lol

good thigs come to those who wait...

and y should i settle for a boyfriend i really dont want? come no now...